Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Hawks 2019 Draft Picks As Of 11/17/18

234 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I finally saw his highlights. This kid is unreal. He could easily play DE or DT but has handles like a guard. Smart player and unselfish. Zion is a generational talent.

No doubt Jersey I think he’s more suited as a 3 in the NBA especially with his athleticism.  This kid has that it factor no doubt and his teammate RJ is the truth also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

No doubt Jersey I think he’s more suited as a 3 in the NBA especially with his athleticism.  This kid has that it factor no doubt and his teammate RJ is the truth also.

If he could play the 3, that would be fine. We have an opening for starting SF because Prince isn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an update as of 1/12/19 at 11:00am ET these are the picks we have in 2019:

ROUND 1

  • Hawks - #5
  • Dallas - #10
  • Will also get Cavalier's first round pick, which is top 10 protected, so it could be between #11 and #30. They are still in the #1 slot though and in the midst of a 12 game losing streak so this one will likely get pushed to 2020.

ROUND 2

  • Hawks - #35
  • Wizards - #37
  • Hornets - #39
  • Lakers - #48
  • Also get Timberwolves' second round pick if it becomes less favorable than the Lakers'. Currently #43.

CAP SPACE

  • $53.5M - practical cap space
  • $76.5M - luxury tax space

We dropped down a bit with some recent wins but we are still in a good place. The first round picks are lottery picks so they will be ping pong based which could change the order. I ran some simulations that changed the #5 pick to #1. Imagine that scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few thoughts...

Our #5 slot could move up to the top 3 pretty realistically. We could also move to 6 or 7 realistically, but I'm going to be optimistic and say that doesn't happen.

With the Mavs pick (8-12 range we will say) I wouldn't mind taking a look at Bol Bol. I know he has had some injury concerns that are causing him to slide, but I wouldn't mind taking the risk. Foot injuries with big men can be concerning, but I would love to him. Recent drafts have him in that 10-13 range, but it could change.

Just a thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 10:18 PM, tl;dr said:

A few thoughts...

Our #5 slot could move up to the top 3 pretty realistically. We could also move to 6 or 7 realistically, but I'm going to be optimistic and say that doesn't happen.

With the Mavs pick (8-12 range we will say) I wouldn't mind taking a look at Bol Bol. I know he has had some injury concerns that are causing him to slide, but I wouldn't mind taking the risk. Foot injuries with big men can be concerning, but I would love to him. Recent drafts have him in that 10-13 range, but it could change.

Just a thought. 

I'm starting to think DAL and ATL are gonna improve and play those picks into the low teens. That's OK with me though. I hate tanking and we got Collins and Huerter in the last two drafts at #19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I'm starting to think DAL and ATL are gonna improve and play those picks into the low teens. That's OK with me though. I hate tanking and we got Collins and Huerter in the last two drafts at #19.

We still have a 4 game buffer or so before we are out of the top 5. Our pick will be top 8 I think. We are playing well right now, but are still 4.5 back of 6 and 7.5 back of 10. Things could change, but I feel pretty confident that we will stay within the bottom 5 record wise. If we don't, then cool, if we do, then cool. Win/win situation IMO. 

The Mavs sit at 10 right now, and are 6 ahead of us (5th pick being where it becomes protected. I feel pretty confident we are getting that pick, and I don't see Dallas moving too much from that (8-12 range is still what I would guess).

If we could get a top 5 pick and pick 8, I would be thrilled lol. 

But I also wouldn't be upset if we win some and play our way into the 7th or 8th pick. I just think that's not likely to happen though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

We still have a 4 game buffer or so before we are out of the top 5. Our pick will be top 8 I think. We are playing well right now, but are still 4.5 back of 6 and 7.5 back of 10. Things could change, but I feel pretty confident that we will stay within the bottom 5 record wise. If we don't, then cool, if we do, then cool. Win/win situation IMO. 

The Mavs sit at 10 right now, and are 6 ahead of us (5th pick being where it becomes protected. I feel pretty confident we are getting that pick, and I don't see Dallas moving too much from that (8-12 range is still what I would guess).

If we could get a top 5 pick and pick 8, I would be thrilled lol. 

But I also wouldn't be upset if we win some and play our way into the 7th or 8th pick. I just think that's not likely to happen though

We're only eight games out of the 16 slot. A winning streak can close that gap in a hurry. We're 2-1 in our last three which includes wins overt two good teams in PHI and OKL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

We're only eight games out of the 16 slot. A winning streak can close that gap in a hurry. We're 2-1 in our last three which includes wins overt two good teams in PHI and OKL. 

16 would mean the playoffs which would be awesome...

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited about the wins and the young guys development, but Hawks aren't making the playoffs.

Teams like Charlotte, Detroit, Orlando and Wizards are desperately trying to make the playoffs and will make trade deadline moves to get there.

Hawks are 7 games behind #8 seeded Charlotte. Sure. Hawks can go on a winning streak but it will require EVERY single one of the 4 teams in slots 8-11 to simultaneously go on losing streaks.

Edited by jayu70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa Dallas. They are on a four game losing streak and have tanked all the way to the 8th spot. The pick we got from them in the Trae Young trade is top 5 protected so please stop the bleeding. We need that pick!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Whoa Dallas. They are on a four game losing streak and have tanked all the way to the 8th spot. The pick we got from them in the Trae Young trade is top 5 protected so please stop the bleeding. We need that pick!

Dallas would have to out-tank the Cavs, Suns, Knicks, Bulls and Hawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

Dallas would have to out-tank the Cavs, Suns, Knicks, Bulls and Hawks.

They're only 6.0 games behind the Hawks and dropping fast. Hopefully they don't out tank us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They're only 6.0 games behind the Hawks and dropping fast. Hopefully they don't out tank us.

I don't think Schlenck let's that happen.

Hawks have a 7 game road trip coming up. I expect us to win 1 game.

I have a feeling some combo of Baze, Lin, Dedmon, Vince, Prince have played their last Hawk home game with the looming trade deadline. Our next home game is trade deadline day. I would be surprised if the roster is the same.

FalconFanSince1970 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see it now...  we get to the last game of the season and we’re at the 5 spot and Dallas is at the 6th spot. If we win, it puts us at 6 and Dallas at 5, and we lose their top-5 protected pick, but if we lose we keep it.

Do we purposely come out and tank the game?  Would the owner and management allow it?  You think the players have too much pride to purposely crap the bed like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2019 at 3:32 PM, Beef said:

I can see it now...  we get to the last game of the season and we’re at the 5 spot and Dallas is at the 6th spot. If we win, it puts us at 6 and Dallas at 5, and we lose their top-5 protected pick, but if we lose we keep it.

Do we purposely come out and tank the game?  Would the owner and management allow it?  You think the players have too much pride to purposely crap the bed like that?

Unlike the NFL, the NBA is a tanking league, so I wouldn't be surprised if the owner put a tankin edict on the HC in that scenario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early Mock Draft

2019 Mock Lottery

Top 100 Big Board | 2019 Mock Draft | Create Mock

Updated: 2/9/19 1:27 pm

1 <strong>New York</strong> New York Zion Williamson Fr.
2 <strong>Phoenix</strong> Phoenix Ja Morant So.
3 <a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Hawks receive Cavaliers first round pick (top 10 protected in 2019 and 2020, or pick becomes 2021 and 2022 second round picks)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Cleveland </strong></a> *Cleveland  RJ Barrett Fr.
4 <strong>Chicago</strong> Chicago Rui Hachimura Jr.
5 <strong>Atlanta</strong> Atlanta Cameron Reddish Fr.
6 <a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Celtics receive Grizzlies first round pick (top 8 protected in 2019 and top 6 protected 2020, unprotected in 2021)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Memphis</strong></a> *Memphis KZ Okpala So.
7 <strong>Washington</strong> Washington Bruno Fernando So.
8 <strong>Orlando</strong> Orlando Jarrett Culver So.
9 <strong>New Orleans</strong> New Orleans Nickeil Alexande... So.
10 <strong>Detroit</strong> Detroit Keldon Johnson Fr.
11 <strong>Minnesota</strong> Minnesota Nassir Little Fr.
12 <a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Hawks receive Mavericks first round pick (top 5 protected in 2019 and 2020, top 3 protected in 2021, 2022, unprotected in 2023)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Atlanta</strong></a> *Atlanta Charles Bassey Fr.
13 <strong>LA Lakers</strong> LA Lakers Romeo Langford Fr.
14 <a href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Celtics receive more favorable first round pick from either Kings or Sixers (top 1 protected), Sixers will receive less favorable.'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Boston</strong></a> *Boston Sekou Doumbouya Intl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2019 at 11:03 AM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They're only 6.0 games behind the Hawks and dropping fast. Hopefully they don't out tank us.

They won't. Fortunately for us, Doncic is too good. We'll gladly take their top 10 pick if they do decide to tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Early Mock Draft

2019 Mock Lottery

Top 100 Big Board | 2019 Mock Draft | Create Mock

Updated: 2/9/19 1:27 pm

1 <strong>New York</strong> New York Zion Williamson Fr.
2 <strong>Phoenix</strong> Phoenix Ja Morant So.
3 <a  data-cke-saved-href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019' href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Hawks receive Cavaliers first round pick (top 10 protected in 2019 and 2020, or pick becomes 2021 and 2022 second round picks)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Cleveland </strong></a> *Cleveland  RJ Barrett Fr.
4 <strong>Chicago</strong> Chicago Rui Hachimura Jr.
5 <strong>Atlanta</strong> Atlanta Cameron Reddish Fr.
6 <a  data-cke-saved-href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019' href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Celtics receive Grizzlies first round pick (top 8 protected in 2019 and top 6 protected 2020, unprotected in 2021)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Memphis</strong></a> *Memphis KZ Okpala So.
7 <strong>Washington</strong> Washington Bruno Fernando So.
8 <strong>Orlando</strong> Orlando Jarrett Culver So.
9 <strong>New Orleans</strong> New Orleans Nickeil Alexande... So.
10 <strong>Detroit</strong> Detroit Keldon Johnson Fr.
11 <strong>Minnesota</strong> Minnesota Nassir Little Fr.
12 <a  data-cke-saved-href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019' href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Hawks receive Mavericks first round pick (top 5 protected in 2019 and 2020, top 3 protected in 2021, 2022, unprotected in 2023)'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Atlanta</strong></a> *Atlanta Charles Bassey Fr.
13 <strong>LA Lakers</strong> LA Lakers Romeo Langford Fr.
14 <a  data-cke-saved-href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019' href='http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_draft_trades/2019'  title='Celtics receive more favorable first round pick from either Kings or Sixers (top 1 protected), Sixers will receive less favorable.'  class='mock_team_link'><strong>*Boston</strong></a> *Boston Sekou Doumbouya Intl.

I actually like Fernando’s game. I’d be happy if we were able to draft him with Dallas’ pick as well as one of the Duke wings with our first pick. The reason I like the Duke trio is that they all can be secondary ball handlers/playmakers for us to help free up Trae more off the ball

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I actually like Fernando’s game. I’d be happy if we were able to draft him with Dallas’ pick as well as one of the Duke wings with our first pick. The reason I like the Duke trio is that they all can be secondary ball handlers/playmakers for us to help free up Trae more off the ball

No doubt man!  Haven’t had a chance to check Fernando out yet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 0:43 PM, LightningDawg58 said:

I actually like Fernando’s game. I’d be happy if we were able to draft him with Dallas’ pick as well as one of the Duke wings with our first pick. The reason I like the Duke trio is that they all can be secondary ball handlers/playmakers for us to help free up Trae more off the ball

I like Bruno too. If we can't get one of the Dukies with that first pick I'll take De'Andre Hunter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slotted for the 5th and 9th picks right this second. Barring a late losing streak/winning streak by some teams, I think we likely stay slotted in that 5th spot. Hopefully we can get some lottery balls to bounce our way...

The Mavs pick is a little tough to predict. I would be surprised if they got to the 5th slot, but I could realistically see them getting to 7th or even 13th. I'm going to bet that pick will be somewhere between 8 and 12 still. 

With some lucky ping pong balls, I think we could realistically have picks 1 and 8. The odds of getting the number 1 pick are much better for the 5th worst team today than they used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As it stands right now, we have a 42% chance to pick in the top 5, 20% chance to pick #6, 27% chance to pick #7, a roughly 9% chance to pick 8th or 9th. It's not just us though. The Suns, the worst record in the league, have a 47.9% chance to pick 5th. 

Also that Mavs pick would likely be 8 or 9 today. Don't really see them falling much farther than that, but they could get on a winning streak and that pick could get up to around 12 or so possibly.

I'm thinking we will end up picking somewhere between 1-4 and then pick again at 8 or 9. Maybe we can convince someone to take our 2 picks so we can get Zion lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0