Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1970

Hawks 2019 Draft Picks As Of 11/17/18

120 posts in this topic

As of 11/17/18 at 3:30pm ET these are the picks we have in 2019:

ROUND 1

  • Hawks - #2
  • Dallas - #8
  • Will also get Cavalier's first round pick, which is top 10 protected, so it could be between #11 and #30. They are currently in the #1 slot though.

ROUND 2

  • Wizards - #36
  • Hornets - #45
  • Lakers - #49
  • Also get Timberwolves' second round pick if it becomes less favorable than the Lakers'

CAP SPACE

  • $53.5M - practical cap space
  • $76.5M - luxury tax space

So as you can see we can get loaded with like three top 11 picks and enough money to throw a max deal at a free agent or two.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the best description of the Cavs pick today... "That Cavs pick up an vanished like a Fart in the Wind"...courtesy Shawshank Redemption.

I don't think we'll get the Cavs pick this year. It is also top 10 protected in 2020, then it becomes 2-2nds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but having two Top 10 firsts will be the best thing that ever happened to us honestly. I want Zion and I'm not a big fan of Duke players like that, but I want Zion BADLY!

KCFalcon22 and therawest like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 3:34 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

As of 11/17/18 at 3:30pm ET these are the picks we have in 2019:

ROUND 1

  • Hawks - #2
  • Dallas - #8
  • Will also get Cavalier's first round pick, which is top 10 protected, so it could be between #11 and #30. They are currently in the #1 slot though.

ROUND 2

  • Wizards - #36
  • Hornets - #45
  • Lakers - #49
  • Also get Timberwolves' second round pick if it becomes less favorable than the Lakers'

CAP SPACE

  • $53.5M - practical cap space
  • $76.5M - luxury tax space

So as you can see we can get loaded with like three top 11 picks and enough money to throw a max deal at a free agent or two.

 

Get rid of protected picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2018 at 7:54 AM, Zone#7 said:

Yeah, but having two Top 10 firsts will be the best thing that ever happened to us honestly. I want Zion and I'm not a big fan of Duke players like that, but I want Zion BADLY!

Zion is going to Cavs when they get the #1 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 2:34 PM, FalconFanSince1970 said:

As of 11/17/18 at 3:30pm ET these are the picks we have in 2019:

ROUND 1

  • Hawks - #2
  • Dallas - #8
  • Will also get Cavalier's first round pick, which is top 10 protected, so it could be between #11 and #30. They are currently in the #1 slot though.

ROUND 2

  • Wizards - #36
  • Hornets - #45
  • Lakers - #49
  • Also get Timberwolves' second round pick if it becomes less favorable than the Lakers'

CAP SPACE

  • $53.5M - practical cap space
  • $76.5M - luxury tax space

So as you can see we can get loaded with like three top 11 picks and enough money to throw a max deal at a free agent or two.

 

this is good and all but man the max deal goes to who? our team overall is terrible we need a tons  of pieces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

this is good and all but man the max deal goes to who? our team overall is terrible we need a tons  of pieces

There should be some decent free agents on the market in 2019. Not all will require a max deal:

  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • SF - Tobias Harris
  • SF - Bojan Bogdanovic
  • PF - Nikola Mirotic

Move Baze and Plumlee's contracts, sign Klay, Deandre and two top ten draft picks and we could be looking at a roster like:

  • PG - Trae Young
  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • SF- Taurean Prince
  • PG - John Collins
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • PG - Best PG with our second 2019 pick
  • SG - Best G/F swing player with our first 2019 pick
  • SF - Bembry
  • PF - Spellman
  • C - Len
  • G/F - Huerter
  • F/C - Best 2nd round big man with our pick

A roster like that could do some damage for several years. Still might take signing a superstar to get what we want, but it's possible Trae, Collins or one of the draft picks will become the superstar we need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

this is good and all but man the max deal goes to who? our team overall is terrible we need a tons  of pieces

 

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There should be some decent free agents on the market in 2019. Not all will require a max deal:

  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • SF - Tobias Harris
  • SF - Bojan Bogdanovic
  • PF - Nikola Mirotic

Move Baze and Plumlee's contracts, sign Klay, Deandre and two top ten draft picks and we could be looking at a roster like:

  • PG - Trae Young
  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • SF- Taurean Prince
  • PG - John Collins
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • PG - Best PG with our second 2019 pick
  • SG - Best G/F swing player with our first 2019 pick
  • SF - Bembry
  • PF - Spellman
  • C - Len
  • G/F - Huerter
  • F/C - Best 2nd round big man with our pick

A roster like that could do some damage for several years. Still might take signing a superstar to get what we want, but it's possible Trae, Collins or one of the draft picks will become the superstar we need.

Only Klay Thompson is very CLOSE to be worthy of a MAX deal and that's only because that's what'll take to pry him loose from GSW. He has struggled without Curry, his game is very dependent on being setup by Curry, he has suspect handles to get his own shot.

I'd pass on DeAndre Jordan - he's a lane clogger in todays NBA. You need a C nowadays to be able to shoot a little.

I don't want the Hawks to jump the gun and be impatient by offering too much money to mid level FAs - that's how you end up on a treadmill real fast.

I'm hoping we can get an asset for Bazemore. Moving Plumlee may require us to attach an asset and I'm not interested in doing.

Even with Bazemore and Plumlee atill on the roster, we still have capspace for at least 1 max deal.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

There should be some decent free agents on the market in 2019. Not all will require a max deal:

  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • SF - Tobias Harris
  • SF - Bojan Bogdanovic
  • PF - Nikola Mirotic

Move Baze and Plumlee's contracts, sign Klay, Deandre and two top ten draft picks and we could be looking at a roster like:

  • PG - Trae Young
  • SG - Klay Thompson
  • SF- Taurean Prince
  • PG - John Collins
  • C - DeAndre Jordan
  • PG - Best PG with our second 2019 pick
  • SG - Best G/F swing player with our first 2019 pick
  • SF - Bembry
  • PF - Spellman
  • C - Len
  • G/F - Huerter
  • F/C - Best 2nd round big man with our pick

A roster like that could do some damage for several years. Still might take signing a superstar to get what we want, but it's possible Trae, Collins or one of the draft picks will become the superstar we need.

2 huge free agents in jordan and thompson aint happening the warrriors will resign clay and let durant go to knicks like your style but it aint going to happen, we are stuck in the mud right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be ok using the Mavs pick at the draft to try and get Bradley Beal from the Wizards. He's the SG we should target, he's still only 25 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, jayu70 said:

I would be ok using the Mavs pick at the draft to try and get Bradley Beal from the Wizards. He's the SG we should target, he's still only 25 years old.

Wouldn't mind this at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 9:31 AM, jayu70 said:

I would be ok using the Mavs pick at the draft to try and get Bradley Beal from the Wizards. He's the SG we should target, he's still only 25 years old.

Why would we target a SG when it looks like we’ll end up with RJ Barrett or Cam Reddish ? What happens to Prince ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prince is looking more and more like a backup role player. Sad after the way he tore it up to close out last season. He has regressed in so many ways this year.

So far, for the 2019 starters it looks like:

PG: Young 

SG: Huerter/Draft Pick or FA

SF: Prince/Draft Pick or FA long term

PF: Collins

C: Len through 2019 season

Backups:

PG: FA

SG: Justin Anderson, Tyler Dorsey

SF: Bembry

PF: Spellman

C: Miles Plumlee (cut /trade this trash already)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In theory all those high draft picks should amount to something positive  but remember this a franchise that always seems to shoot itself in the foot whenever a big decision comes along.The Hawks history is sadder than the Falcons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if Schlenk made a move for KD. Yeah, it would take a lot of convincing, but we'd have the space to throw the bank at him. KD+Young+Collins+top 5 draft pick would vault this team into a championship contender instantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 9:50 PM, Nereek said:

Hawks not going anywhere. 

yep atl is a great bball town:tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Schlenk made a move for KD. Yeah, it would take a lot of convincing, but we'd have the space to throw the bank at him. KD+Young+Collins+top 5 draft pick would vault this team into a championship contender instantly.

man if that happened 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Zion is a beast would love to see him in a Hawks uniform 

I finally saw his highlights. This kid is unreal. He could easily play DE or DT but has handles like a guard. Smart player and unselfish. Zion is a generational talent.

blkbigdog35 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0