Falcons Stunted Dak’s Growth

FalconsIn2012

Read this on the Cowboys forum and found it brought a smile to my face so wanted to share...

“It's been discussed many times how the 27-7 loss last November in Atlanta was disastrous for this team. Looking at stats, it was clearly most disastrous for Dak Prescott. In terms of how it mentally affected Dak and this team, it was one of the worst losses in Cowboys regular season history.

Let’s look at Dak’s stats pre 2017 Atlanta game, then after the Atlanta game all the way to now.

DAK STATS BEFORE 2017 ATL GAME
2016- 23 TDS, 4 INTs
2017- (before Atl game) 16 TDs, 4 INTs 
COMBINED 2016 and 8 2017 GAMES BEFORE ATL GAME: 39 TDs and 8 INTs

DAK STATS AFTER 2017 ATL GAME 

2017-(after Atl game) 6 TDs, 9 INTs
2018- (so far) 11 TDs, 5 INTs 
COMBINED 2017 and 2018 STATS AFTER ATL GAME: 17 TDs, 14 INTs

Just looking at Dak’s stats it’s pretty clear that Atlanta game last year did something to his confidence and performance. 

I clearly remember watching Chaz Green get destroyed play after play by the mediocre Adrian Clayborn and also watching in sheer disbelief as Garett just stood there clapping while his (at that time) 24 year old QB gets thrown around like a rag doll. And no adjustments were made until late 3rd qtr. Garrett should have been fired on the plane ride home.

Coaching matters. And as the stats make clear, some games are so poorly coached it can have lingering effects. Especially when the head coach is the worst in the league at managing in-game situations. The game Sun in Atl is a chance to exercise those demons or to add to them.”

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Dak just isn’t that good. 

Please remember you said this till after the game.  We don't have Clayborn anymore and they won't have Chaz Green playing left tackle.  We need our defense to come up so big like its a playoff game.  That is of course, they aren't thinking "Its just the Cowboys."  I mean I don't want to make any assumptions that they want or not want to show up for Sunday.

22 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Please remember you said this till after the game.  We don't have Clayborn anymore and they won't have Chaz Green playing left tackle.  We need our defense to come up so big like its a playoff game.  That is of course, they aren't thinking "Its just the Cowboys."  I mean I don't want to make any assumptions that they want or not want to show up for Sunday.

I’ll say it after the game too. Has nothing to do with the game on Sunday. I’ve been saying it for a long time now. If you want to make it about Sunday then that’s you. He can pass for 500 yards Sunday against this trash secondary and I’ll still say he isn’t that good. 

My purpose for posting that was to say the Falcons had nothing to do with his development. 

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Dak isn't that good. He's the same type of QB as Cam and Tebow, just not as good as those two.

3 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Dak isn't that good. He's the same type of QB as Cam and Tebow, just not as good as those two.

Exactly. Dudes biggest trait is running with the football. Unfortunately that doesn’t make you a good qb. That’s why so many are/we’re stuck on Vick. He won’t turn the ball over much but to think Dak is good is laughable. Atlanta May make him look good but that’s as far as it goes. 

Sidenote, Jerry better lock him up now before he’s still affordable for the long haul since he loves him so much. It’s only gonna take them to go full RPO before he blows the bank away

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Exactly. Dudes biggest trait is running with the football. Unfortunately that doesn’t make you a good qb. That’s why so many are/we’re stuck on Vick. He won’t turn the ball over much but to think Dak is good is laughable. Atlanta May make him look good but that’s as far as it goes. 

Sidenote, Jerry better lock him up now before he’s still affordable for the long haul since he loves him so much. It’s only gonna take them to go full RPO before he blows the bank away

Jerry may be looking at someone else anyway. 

Dak is Alex Smith's brother from another mother.  He can manage a game until things get hairy.  He has some good running skills for a not-very-quick qb, but he's not really much at late-game comebacks (he played good against the Hangovers last week though).   As a pure passer he's average at best. 

But the blame for Prescott's decline is going toward the Head Coach Jason Garrett who is already being labeled as likely to be fired soon (especially if the Falcons beat them tomorrow and essentially end their playoff run this year).

The Cowboys will likely hire a new head coach who Prescott approves, but the team will then go another couple of years with no improvement and come to the conclusion that the QB might need to be replaced.

Like others have said, Dak Prescott is just not a very good QB.....now watch him look like an MVP, tomorrow! 
But really, I can't believe it's taking Jerry & Co. this long to realize he's not a franchise QB.....just doesn't have that "it" factor, for me at least.  Glad I'm not a CowGirls fan!  

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

But the blame for Prescott's decline is going toward the Head Coach Jason Garrett who is already being labeled as likely to be fired soon (especially if the Falcons beat them tomorrow and essentially end their playoff run this year).

The Cowboys will likely hire a new head coach who Prescott approves, but the team will then go another couple of years with no improvement and come to the conclusion that the QB might need to be replaced.

The blame goes to Jerry Jones who doesn’t even let the man do his job.