Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Trufant and Alford speaks out about their play

115 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

On the Chubb Run, even if he doesn't make a tackle, his presence could have bought some of the other guys time. Foye was right on Chubb, and the rest of the guys were right behind him. If Tru could have slowed him down, we may have been looking at a different game. The Browns felt good about the goaline stand, even though we almost sacked Mayfield in the endzone on 1st down. That run gave them all the confidence in the world.

If Shelby had of condensed the space up front Chubb doesn't get through the hole.

If Riley does a better job disengaging and makes a tackle Chubb doesn't go all the way.

If Kazee makes a better effort  in the open field and makes that tackle Chubb doesn't go all the way.

Lol then there's option 4 but some how the first 3 options get forgotten and because the hate is that much for Tru he's getting blamed here is laughable.Tru could have made a better effort also but for everyone to flog a dead hors for a play that wasn't Trus fault at all is a joke.

Faithful Falcon likes this

7 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

If Shelby had of condensed the space up front Chubb doesn't get through the hole.

If Riley does a better job disengaging and makes a tackle Chubb doesn't go all the way.

If Kazee makes a better effort  in the open field and makes that tackle Chubb doesn't go all the way.

Lol then there's option 4 but some how the first 3 options get forgotten and because the hate is that much for Tru he's getting blamed here is laughable.Tru could have made a better effort also but for everyone to flog a dead hors for a play that wasn't Trus fault at all is a joke.

Yeah well you forgot the fact it was just a really poor defensive call that opened the play up, while we are passing out blame.

kiwifalcon likes this

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

The others are not forgotten. It's just that they actually put in some effort. The entire play is not on Tru, but his complete lack of effort is 100% worthy of every criticism that's been made.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Real talk, but I must say that Riley was in the right place, but so was the blocker.

1 minute ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Real talk, but I must say that Riley was in the right place, but so was the blocker.

The singular biggest problem on the play was the Browns just caught the Falcons in a bad defense.

PokerSteve and Faithful Falcon like this

2 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

I think you're overreacting to a bad game. Again....he's consistently been the best defender on the team for the majority of his career here. Sure, he could be "tailing off" but I think its more likely that he's having a bad year due to circumstance. And the effort stuff is super frustrating to see....but is also possibly the result of HIS frustration with everything. That doesnt make it okay obviously but it kinda puts it in context. I wouldnt be shocked if he was pressing just as much as Beasley is....because they've both been in the right spot only to leave plays on the field soooo much this year. 

I think Debo's return will be telling. If he continues to dog it, continues to get eaten up, etc., maybe you're right. But this team's ability to tolerate dead cap money decreases with each passing game. And thats a huge chunk of dead money. 

The half-hearted effort is inexcusable to me. He's no doubt frustrated, but he's a veteran on this defense that should be expected to provided leadership ~ if by no other way than just setting an example with his effort.

You are no doubt correct that he and Alford are out of rhythm because they're trying to cover for the replacements as well as do their own jobs. The DL has also been a major disappointment which has added to their problems.

At any rate, his present level of play can't continue and this team be a contender. I hope and trust he and Alford will be able to step it up when Debo gets back. If not, something has to be done to replace Tru regardless of how financially painful it might turn out to be.

7 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Hmmm....the way I read the table, he's played 34 fewer games, forced 9 fewer fumbles, defended 8 fewer passes, has 22.5 fewer sacks, 70 fewer tackles, and has one fewer All Pro awards. 

Yikes indeed. 

You talkin bout 2015-2017 bro. Beasley had one good year in that stretch, thanks to Sombrero and Greg Robinson. He was also the 8th pick of that 2015 draft. Gregory was the 60th. So far in 2018 Gregory is more productive with seven fewer starts. He could come in here Sunday, sack Ryan at the right time, and wreck our season. At this point we're just hopin Beasley can make a tackle. He's only had one in his last five games. He had zero sacks in his last six games. Zero bro. Just wow. Truth be told my 2015 real time draft aint as bad as you said it was. I picked up Gurley, Gregory, Amos and Zenner. With two weeks of YouTube weekend scouting. Forget about my draft. Just look at what Dimi's protege Snead did. He took Donald and Gurley in 14-15, after Dimi drafted Beasley and Bloodline with his needs based pickin. Criminal.

PokerSteve likes this

I don't normally like to bash players but both of these guys have stunk up the joint this year and they know it or we wouldn't be hearing about it.  Alford is actually pretty good in coverage, he's just a penalty machine.  But at least with Alford you see the effort.  Trufant can't cover a twin sized bed with a King size comforter.. maybe he could if he didn't give them an 8 yd. cushion every play.  The dropped interceptions really makes no sense at all either.  How many thousands of balls do you think he's had to catch in his life?  It should be a natural instinct.  

falcons.jpg.9a7aa8f4c96ae46311e7ad9f573e6342.jpg

Did anybody notice this picture in the falcon nation email that was just sent out ? Trufant with the ball running! I had to rub my eyes a few times. I am willing to bet it probaly wasnt an interception, but a fumble recovery lol

5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Guaranteed by money and cap hits 

I would guess we could move on from either of those guys using June 1 cut designation. I could be wrong though.

they obviously make much more playing out their deal than losing it is what I was getting at.

4 hours ago, Peyton said:

Yeah well you forgot the fact it was just a really poor defensive call that opened the play up, while we are passing out blame.

Exactly so the whole play was a fail across the board.

But yet it seems the guy on the end of the trail is eating it when really it's a great example of fail across the board.

4 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

The others are not forgotten. It's just that they actually put in some effort. The entire play is not on Tru, but his complete lack of effort is 100% worthy of every criticism that's been made.

Could have fooled me because this is about, I dunno how many threads they've been talking about Tru and nothing else in front of him has rated a mention.

I know exactly why it's because he signed and earns big coin.Funny thing is this goes on all over the shop.

We are just about to sign Jarrett Debo and Neal possibly a few more I guarantee you if the same or something similar happens to them it's Rinse wash repeat mark it down.

Samething happend to our 2 best offensive players in the history of the franchise in Julio and Ryan this off season.Everyone loves making a big deal about other people's money,this is what this really boils down to if we're honest.

42 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Too much talky and not enough showy

I get that he is being prodded by BedWetter but seriously? Dude is more defensive than on the field!!:lol:

Nah, the thing is mostly mental for Tru. He has the tools to play at a higher level than Alford, but he’s not been the same guy since 2016 and the injury. Last year was shaky. This year is terrible and what’s worse is literally Alford. After peaking too.

Oliver may wind up being a huge piece for the roster moving forward.

Rocky is over 30 and Tru is 27.

Who has more time to right their ship given age?

Thankfully, our D is mostly clear with areas of improvement.

DE by far is most glaring. Vic is simply not good. Doesn’t make tackles and doesn’t pressure the QB nearly enough. Irving hopefully does something while here this year.

CB is second at worst.

LB/DT after those; depends on Senat and Foye projecting as starters long term. Crawford is eating as a rusher but McClain could easily be upgraded to make the 4 man rotation stronger.

A better pass rush is always good to have. Especially when CBs are playing poorly! We needed Vic to be back in double digit sacks. Dude is barely filling out a stat column.

I don’t know what’s worse, all the almost sacks or Alford and Tru missing so many INTs this year alone. Must be 10 missed between them.

Edited by Ergo Proxy

Really?  What can either of these two say that matters?  

They play like $hit.  No words are needed.  Trufant is a thief that is not worth half the money he steals.  

I am in a business that is highly accountable, so I have no patience for dullards that do not take pride in their profession.  F  Trufant and Alford's words.  

Truly, I have lost interest in these pathetic fools.  They can party and enjoy their wealth all they want.  I will not stand by and watch this crap.  I am not a fan, because I am not fanatical about a game.  I am fanatical about my family and my career.  I don't care for a bunch of half-wits that do not give full effort, and I certainly don't want to be considered "a good fan."  I am a paying customer and I am not satisfied.  

I do not accept half efforts.  For that reason, I am a non-plussed spectator.....one that will not invest any more money in this lousy product.  

6 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

a better effort? You have to make an effort to say he could have made a better effort. Dude sat back and played it like a punter, hoping someone else would make the tackle. He is useless in the run game, totally scared of ANY contact.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Could have fooled me because this is about, I dunno how many threads they've been talking about Tru and nothing else in front of him has rated a mention.

I know exactly why it's because he signed and earns big coin.Funny thing is this goes on all over the shop.

We are just about to sign Jarrett Debo and Neal possibly a few more I guarantee you if the same or something similar happens to them it's Rinse wash repeat mark it down.

Samething happend to our 2 best offensive players in the history of the franchise in Julio and Ryan this off season.Everyone loves making a big deal about other people's money,this is what this really boils down to if we're honest.

No one else on that play totally shied away from ANY contact. That's the difference. I mean did he even try to cut his angle off and force him to make a move?

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
PokerSteve likes this

13 hours ago, Macintez said:

It’s crunch time for the entire team not just Tru and Alford. In whatever case they need to get their stuff together and make sure they perform at a higher top five tier level for the rest of the season if we are to make the playoffs. This team is far too talented to not be in the playoffs even with the injuries to our safeties

Playoffs?   You're talking about playoffs?????? LOL......sorry couldn't resist! :lol:

11 hours ago, Peyton said:

If he had just engaged the blocker it could have slowed Chubb down.

He should admit he was scared he'd get his *** handed to him so he wet himself instead.

Wow people are complaining about how someone SPEAKS in this thread. In a FOOTBALL forum, people are complaining about a player's vocabulary. Not when they are writing, or at a formal event, but in a locker room interview. Give me a G-D Break. Get out of here with that.

Edited by Sn4tteRBoxXeR♘