Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Trufant and Alford speaks out about their play

114 posts in this topic

It’s crunch time for the entire team not just Tru and Alford. In whatever case they need to get their stuff together and make sure they perform at a higher top five tier level for the rest of the season if we are to make the playoffs. This team is far too talented to not be in the playoffs even with the injuries to our safeties

Ok, well if it's obvious that you could've done better/more I guess my next question would be: Why are you being allowed to give subpar effort on plays as a starter; and presumed leader on defense? Dude is in his (6th) season with us and coming up with lameass excuses like this. Totally unacceptable imo. Gotta start cutting these weaker links DQ...

GreggT and vitaman like this

The good thing is that if he is admitting publicly that he "could have did more", that probably means some of his teammates or coaches have gotten on him a little bit, and maybe he will be shamed into a good performance this week.

I think the guy can still play if he finds his fire, but man it has been missing.

Trufant.. "if i hadn't dropped 5 interceptions" (one that would have sealed the cincy game) " if i had just hustled on the 92 yard Chubb run" (that basically put the game out of reach)... Trufant has become a joke. That big ole paycheck is the same every week however. I've seen enough of him. 

1 minute ago, Peyton said:

The good thing is that if he is admitting publicly that he "could have did more", that probably means some of his teammates or coaches have gotten on him a little bit, and maybe he will be shamed into a good performance this week.

I think the guy can still play if he finds his fire, but man it has been missing.

I can only hope that this is the case...but I can't say that I've seen much of anything over the course of Tru's career outside of his outlier of a pro bowl season. Idk if he has it in him, but I really hope he proves me wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Lol!!! I'm guessing he's to the point that he can really say otherwise.

3 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Trufant.. "if i hadn't dropped 5 interceptions" (one that would have sealed the cincy game) " if i had just hustled on the 92 yard Chubb run" (that basically put the game out of reach)... Trufant has become a joke. That big ole paycheck is the same every week however. I've seen enough of him. 

On the Chubb Run, even if he doesn't make a tackle, his presence could have bought some of the other guys time. Foye was right on Chubb, and the rest of the guys were right behind him. If Tru could have slowed him down, we may have been looking at a different game. The Browns felt good about the goaline stand, even though we almost sacked Mayfield in the endzone on 1st down. That run gave them all the confidence in the world.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

On the Chubb Run, even if he doesn't make a tackle, his presence could have bought some of the other guys time. Foye was right on Chubb, and the rest of the guys were right behind him. If Tru could have slowed him down, we may have been looking at a different game. The Browns felt good about the goaline stand, even though we almost sacked Mayfield in the endzone on 1st down. That run gave them all the confidence in the world.

If he had just engaged the blocker it could have slowed Chubb down.

papachaz and Faithful Falcon like this

These are such lame answers man. Why are people so afraid to come out and say point-blank “I sucked, I’m sorry, I’ll get better”. Duke had the same responses. Tru saying “well if I didn’t drop some picks y’all wouldn’t be on me” is soooooo lame. First, you DID drop the picks and cost us games. Second, it’s no excuse for being awful in every other area. I’m done with Tru. 

29 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Those dudes are talking like they’re in a 12 step meeting. 

The first step is admitting there is a PROBLEM! LOL

Black Francis likes this

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

These are such lame answers man. Why are people so afraid to come out and say point-blank “I sucked, I’m sorry, I’ll get better”. Duke had the same responses. Tru saying “well if I didn’t drop some picks y’all wouldn’t be on me” is soooooo lame. First, you DID drop the picks and cost us games. Second, it’s no excuse for being awful in every other area. I’m done with Tru. 

No **** accountability on this team, starts with Quinn

Trufant sounds like he's just there to get a paycheck. He has a loser mentality. It's players like him that keep the team down. The players that think it's ok to give a minimum effort need to go. They're the reason the team is "the same old Falcons." The loser mentality keeps getting passed on in the locker room. Until all of these players are off the team it will never get over the hump. I liked Trufant when he came into the league. He appeared to be a great player. He got a good contract and then his effort went down. 

11 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Not only does Trufant need to learn how to tackle, cover a guy and catch, he also needs to learn how to use proper tense in a sentence.

He went to college right? This is proof players get special treatment. When teams are scouting players maybe this should be a red flag.