Real Life -Tim Green

Vandy

With all the whiny/angry threads going around after a bad falcons loss to Browns, here’s a story about former Falcon player Tim Green’s battle with ALS that should make all of us take a pause and remember how precious life truly is. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2018/11/former_syracuse_football_legend_tim_green_says_he_has_als.amp

As always, I will spend the coming days and years counting the blessings I have instead of pining for the things I don't. Today I will take a walk. I will work and write and kiss each of my kids as well as my beautiful wife. That's a great day. As good as it gets...

Good perspective as we so easily get caught up in all of the chaos of every day life.  Thanks for sharing!

Wow...had no idea he was suffering from this. For those of you who don't know Tim Green, this man was a warrior with a sledge hammer on the football field! I can remember hearing pads crash from the field when this man tackled anyone coming down the middle...and I was sitting in the nosebleeds in Fulton county! 

So very sad to hear this, but this man is a fighter! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Mr. Green!

28 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Wow...had no idea he was suffering from this. For those of you who don't know Tim Green, this man was a warrior with a sledge hammer on the football field! I can remember hearing pads crash from the field when this man tackled anyone coming down the middle...and I was sitting in the nosebleeds in Fulton county! 

So very sad to hear this, but this man is a fighter! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Mr. Green!

Not only that but he isn't a bad writer either!

Tim Green is one of my all-time favorite Falcons.  He played with heart and never took a play off.  He was an example of what work and dedication can do for you.  I wish I had never seen him play.  I wish he could have taken that big brain of his into another line of work and he would have been just as successful there, and may not have ALS to deal with.  I feel he is a good man, and we need more of him.  I know he loved football and made is own choices, but this is sad news to me.

4 hours ago, E. T. said:

yeah he was one of my favorites when we drafted him.

1 hour ago, jeffro2000 said:

Wow, I had no idea. Like others I remember him as a player and then as a decent announcer/commentator, and didn't know what was going on with him. 

ALS is a terrible disease. What it does to someone is horrible.

I guess he just announced it yesterday.  That's terrible. Good guy. Smart guy too, was a Rhodes Scholar Finalist.