Who got to win tommorow. Packers or seahawks

run_vick_run

For a better chance for us to make the playoff I'm going with the seahawks. If they win tomorrow they wont tie with us because they play the panthers and the chief later on. So I'm hoping for a win tommorow and loses down the stretch. But really looking at the schedule we are done. Can only afford 1 lost and we play the cowboys the saints the packers ravens panthers. Just realize we are cooked 

10 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

For a better chance for us to make the playoff I'm going with the seahawks. If they win tomorrow they wont tie with us because they play the panthers and the chief later on. So I'm hoping for a win tommorow and loses down the stretch. But really looking at the schedule we are done. Can only afford 1 lost and we play the cowboys the saints the packers ravens panthers. Just realize we are cooked 

We could actually still take #1 seed. 

Not cooked at all 

57 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

We control our own destiny by winning out!  Less stressful that way.

How do you get that? If the season ended today there are currently 8 teams with better records or that own the tie breaker over the Falcons. Seattle has the same record and I haven't checked the tie breakers on them but they could make it 9. The Falcons could win out and at 11-5 still have possibly 9 teams in front of them. They need lots of things to fall right for them to make it and most of those things are outside their control.

There are only 2 games left on the schedule that would improve the Falcons position in the NFC if they get no other help. One is this week's game against Dallas and the other is Green Bay. No other game matters if all things remain the same and Everybody wins out (obviously not possible). Not even the Panthers game matters since they're 2 games up on the Falcons. In the East Washington is 2 games better and Philly has the tie breaker. In the South New Orleans is way ahead and Carolina is 2 games up. In the North Minnesota and Chicago are 11/2 and 2 games up respectively and in the West the Rams are untouchable and I'm not sure of the tie breaker with Seattle. After recount that's 7, possibly 8 teams and at least 2 of those (also the right 2 teams) would need to give the Falcons help while the Falcons win out so...no...the Falcons do not control their destiny. It is true that "Nothing matters if they don't run the table" but they not only need help they need the right type of help to make the playoffs.

54 minutes ago, slider said:

How do you get that? If the season ended today there are currently 8 teams with better records or that own the tie breaker over the Falcons. Seattle has the same record and I haven't checked the tie breakers on them but they could make it 9. The Falcons could win out and at 11-5 still have possibly 9 teams in front of them. They need lots of things to fall right for them to make it and most of those things are outside their control.

NFL Playoff Standings - 2018

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

We take care of GB and Car through head to head.  Of course Dallas this Sunday and we could have the number 6 spot just like last season.  The tie could hurt Minnesota in terms of total wins.  So like I said why not just win out because you can’t control other factors and some of these teams ahead of us can potentially slump.

5 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

NFL Playoff Standings - 2018

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff

We take care of GB and Car through head to head.  Of course Dallas this Sunday and we could have the number 6 spot just like last season.  The tie could hurt Minnesota in terms of total wins.  So like I said why not just win out because you can’t control other factors and some of these teams ahead of us can potentially slump.

Beating Carolina is meaningless if they are 2 games ahead now and they don't lose any other games. As long as they have a better record it doesn't matter that they lost twice to the Falcons. If the Falcons beat Dallas this week, the way I figure it, if nothing else changes, there would still be 8 teams ahead of ATL, 7 have a better record and 1 (Philly) owns the tie breaker. There are only 6 spots in the playoffs. The Falcons can beat Green Bay and jump in front of them but that still only ranks them no.8 in the NFC. Without help from other teams losing along the way, the Falcons can not reach the playoffs therefore technically they don't control their own destiny. Will they get help from some other teams losing? Yes, i suspect so but it will have to be the right teams losing the right number of games.

3 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Dude...you really need to get a grasp on how the league works. If we win out, yes, we're in, unlikely as it would be.

This game isn't played in a vacuum. There are a ton of head to heads upcoming. If we beat the Panthers and Saints, they have 2 and 4 losses at least (respectively). 

If Panthers lose at least one to the Saints, we'd beat them due to head to head, even if everything else was the same.

If the Saints lose both to the Panthers, the Saints have at least 4 losses. With games against the Cowboys and Eagles, if they lost one of those, they would be out of the playoffs due to division record (or, at the least, we'd be seeded higher). If they win both, we would get in the playoffs over them.

Beating GB would get us in over them as well. Seahawks have a worse conference record.

Realistically, the only way we could win out and not make the playoffs is if the Vikings win out, the Bears win all but one of their remaining games (against the Vikings), and the Panthers beat the Saints both times, both while winning out except for their games against us. In other words, the two other wild card teams would be 12-4 (Bears and Saints), something that has never happened in league history. 

They control their destiny. But like someone else said, knowing the Birds, they'll win the next 4 tough games and blow it against the Cardinals.

Every if in your statement is something that has to happen for the Falcons to get into the playoffs!

"If we beat the Panthers and Saints, they have 2 and 4 losses at least (respectively)." The Falcons currently have 5 losses.

"If Panthers lose at least one to the Saints, we'd beat them due to head to head, even if everything else was the same." To beat either the Panthers or the Saints head to head they would have to have minimum 5 losses. That requires lots of help.

"If the Saints lose both to the Panthers, the Saints have at least 4 losses. With games against the Cowboys and Eagles, if they lost one of those, they would be out of the playoffs due to division record (or, at the least, we'd be seeded higher). If they win both, we would get in the playoffs over them." The if's here are too many to approach separately so I'll just say that unless the Saints and Panthers get to at least 5 losses, none of this matters. That's the definition of needing help to make the playoffs.

"Beating GB would get us in over them as well. Seahawks have a worse conference record." Agree, that's why the GB game moves the Falcons up the standings if there's no other help.

"Realistically, the only way we could win out and not make the playoffs is if the Vikings win out, the Bears win all but one of their remaining games (against the Vikings), and the Panthers beat the Saints both times, both while winning out except for their games against us. In other words, the two other wild card teams would be 12-4 (Bears and Saints), something that has never happened in league history."  What? 

I'm not saying they can't make the playoffs or even that there are long or short odds of making the playoffs, all I'm saying is that they need certain things to fall into place for them to make the playoffs and your post is an example of the help they would need. Therefore they technically don't control their own destiny. That's all.

19 hours ago, run_vick_run said:

How are we going to win vs Dallas with this sweese cheese defense and Elliott & Amari Cooper coming in this time?!!

13 minutes ago, slider said:

Every if in your statement is something that has to happen for the Falcons to get into the playoffs!

"If we beat the Panthers and Saints, they have 2 and 4 losses at least (respectively)." The Falcons currently have 5 losses.

"If Panthers lose at least one to the Saints, we'd beat them due to head to head, even if everything else was the same." To beat either the Panthers or the Saints head to head they would have to have minimum 5 losses. That requires lots of help.

"If the Saints lose both to the Panthers, the Saints have at least 4 losses. With games against the Cowboys and Eagles, if they lost one of those, they would be out of the playoffs due to division record (or, at the least, we'd be seeded higher). If they win both, we would get in the playoffs over them." The if's here are too many to approach separately so I'll just say that unless the Saints and Panthers get to at least 5 losses, none of this matters. That's the definition of needing help to make the playoffs.

"Beating GB would get us in over them as well. Seahawks have a worse conference record." Agree, that's why the GB game moves the Falcons up the standings if there's no other help.

"Realistically, the only way we could win out and not make the playoffs is if the Vikings win out, the Bears win all but one of their remaining games (against the Vikings), and the Panthers beat the Saints both times, both while winning out except for their games against us. In other words, the two other wild card teams would be 12-4 (Bears and Saints), something that has never happened in league history."  What? 

I'm not saying they can't make the playoffs or even that there are long or short odds of making the playoffs, all I'm saying is that they need certain things to fall into place for them to make the playoffs and your post is an example of the help they would need. Therefore they technically don't control their own destiny. That's all.

Playing with ESPN's playoff machine and if the Falcons go 11-5 then they will make the playoffs. So far in all the scenarios I've come up with there is none that has the Falcons missing the playoffs at 11-5. That means that yes the Falcons do control their own destiny. Take care of their own business and they make the playoffs. There's even some scenarios where if they get help they can make it at 10-6 and if they get the right kind of help they can win the division at 11-5 and get the #2 seed and get a home playoff game.

As for the guy that said something about the Bears and VIkings and all that mumbo jumbo, well, it's absolutely impossible for the Vikings to win out and the Bears to lose only 1 game the rest of the season since the Bears and Vikings play each other twice. So no, there's no way for the Bears and Saints to take both WC spots at 12-4. Seriously, play with ESPN's playoff machine yourself, there's is NO WAY for the Falcons to go 11-5 and miss the playoffs. It's impossible.

1 minute ago, Falcan Moore said:

If they win every remaining game, the probability of them missing the playoffs is astronomically low. Period. I understand that you see "if" and automatically assume I'm saying the Falcons need something to happen, but that isn't the case. All games must end in a win, loss, or tie, and if we win everything from here on out, the ONLY way the Falcons would miss the playoffs would be:

Vikings go undefeated AND

Bears only lose to the Vikings and no one else, AND

The Panthers only lose to us and no one else, AND 

The Saints lose to us and the Panthers twice, but are still 12-4.

That is literally the only way we'd miss the playoffs if we win out. All of those things have to occur for it to happen. If just one of those things is different, we make it.

That's not even mentioning many of these teams play games against fantastic teams still - the Patriots, Steelers, Rams, etc.

The only way we miss the playoffs if we win out is if the two teams getting in over us are 12-4, and those teams would be the Saints and Bears, and it requires a ton of other things to happen. By arguing, you're actually the one saying we need things to go another way...the only way the Falcons wouldn't make it if they win out is if dozens of things with a cumulatively astronomically low probability occur.

Sorry for the rant. Feel free to play around with a playoff calculator.

But this can't happen since the Bears and Vikings play each other TWICE. There is no way for this to happen. Falcons go 11-5 and they're in the playoffs. No two bits about it.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Hes 3-0 vs Hawks.

Ill never bet against Rodgers except when he faces Matt Ryan.

No he's not. What planet are you living on? His team lost to the Seahawks again tonight. Aaron Rodgers has NEVER beaten Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in SEATTLE.

• 2012 - Lost 14-12
  • 2014 - Lost 36-16
  • 2015 - Lost 28-22
  • 2018 - Lost 27-24

You need to get your FACTS straight before saying something that's just wrong and then doubling down on it.