Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BamaBirdLady

It is just painful being a Falcon's fan

56 posts in this topic

Sometimes you just get stuck with things in life that you just cannot shed. I am a Falcons fan since 74 and yes....lots of pain over the years. But....its part of my life so I grin and bear it and focus on the better things in life to help balance the negative. 

I still believe this team can win it all one year....If I'm using a walker by then....that'll be ok with me. But I will never quit them. The Falcon teams will come and go....but my loyalty will not. 

I'll be at the Dallas game btw...its my first trip to the benz. Go Falcons!

10 hours ago, E. T. said:

You can't wait? I'm sitting here wishing the days would slow down.

I was being sarcastic, but at the same time I really do feel like I can't wait lol. Somewhat like seeing a dentist, I'd rather it just be over with.

E. T. likes this

8 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

This is kinda funny tbh. The whole comparative "you don't know misery" thing.

The 4-12 seasons were nothing compared to 28-3, and even the SF championship. Only thing that really compares is vs Dallas in 1980. The 98 SB was a lost cause.

Knocking other Falcons fans for "not suffering" or comparing misery as a fan is absurd. Nothing the franchise has done is worse than 28-3. Nothing.

At least when a team is terrible it can be funny to watch.

Not saying one was worse than another, just saying some of us have suffered longer.  And 1980 was a real kick to the nuts because we thought we had finally made it.  And in 1991, we were considered by many to be the best team in the league.  Same misery, but decades older.

8 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Knocking other Falcons fans for "not suffering" or comparing misery as a fan is absurd. Nothing the franchise has done is worse than 28-3. Nothing.

At least when a team is terrible it can be funny to watch.

It was just a joke used to point out that "Falconing" dates back to before some here were born.

Of course nothing is worse than 28-3.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:04 PM, ChiefGSU275 said:

I’ve been a falcons fan since the early 90’s, when I was in middle school, and I have resigned myself to this truth - 

If this franchise can’t win a Super Bowl up 28-3 late in the 3rd quarter, then it just ain’t happening. 

Next time, we need to be up 100-3 with 0:01 in the 4th.  Maybe we can win that one.

I was playing madden 18 and they've a segment on how you can "rewrite your own history" in this game. They show a animation of Ryan and Julio hoisting the SB 2016 trophy, kinda hurt my feelings lol

Edited by I Even Bleed Red
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this