Cole World

Dan Quinn was asked about the play of Trufant and Alford

68 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

This team needs new Cornerbacks. Its time to recycle the defense

It may not be that hard....i made a suggestion a few days ago about keeping Kazee at FS..You got Neal at SS.

Allen can go back to corner(his natural position)...Oliver at corner...improve the D-line and and Lb....through free agency and draft....

3 hours ago, Statick said:

Alford is better than Tru.

That's one contract extension we're regretting.

Nah man..Alfords strait trash this year..hes been in position to make 1 play all season, int in the endzone against the bengals and he just knocked it down...Atleast Tru has been in position multiple times to make a play..if dude could catch hed be pretty fn good this year...

So as bad as they both are, Alfords way worse this year

GrimeyKidd and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Statick said:

Alford is better than Tru.

That's one contract extension we're regretting.

No he’s not. 

This season at least, those are two contract extensions we’re regretting. 

3 hours ago, Tampa Bay Falcon said:

Saw the replay on the Nick Chubb run where Trufant...pretty much ran away form Chubb and not attack, I know he should not have made it that far to the DB level but i think he is still worried about getting injuried.

I didn't think that play was as bad as it was made out. He was trying not to get blocked, had he attacked the play he would have been blocked out too. It looks bad but I don't think it was a lack of effort, I think he just didn't have much of a chance to get in there and was hoping to be able to run him down after. But who knows what he was thinking for sure. He's been really bad in coverage this year but I don't think effort is the problem

2 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

I think it's great that he didn't single them out or talk about them.  I think that is a sign of a good coach.  But, he needs to straight up say that our pass coverage sucks, that it is unacceptable and that there will be changes.  Everyone knows it and him acknowledging it at least give us fans some comfort in knowing that he knows it and is trying to do something about it.

Winning is always the goal, but if your not winning at least believing that the coach and owners know there is a problem and show that they are working on it goes a long way.

Lol Dan Quinn gives a **** about the fans comfort levels.

RoddyWhite84 likes this

40 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

It may not be that hard....i made a suggestion a few days ago about keeping Kazee at FS..You got Neal at SS.

Allen can go back to corner(his natural position)...Oliver at corner...improve the D-line and and Lb....through free agency and draft....

CB is kazee's natural position too. I'd rather move him back to corner and keep Allen at FS

9 minutes ago, shc said:

CB is kazee's natural position too. I'd rather move him back to corner and keep Allen at FS

Naw man...we need a playmaker at that position...plus..Kazee has morphed into an extremely aggressive player...he'd be a walking flag out there..

Flying Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, shc said:

He already got paid, not sure why is would be that worried about it

I remember when Deion used to say it's a business decision, I don't get paid for tackling. 

26 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I remember when Deion used to say it's a business decision, I don't get paid for tackling. 

Deion would at least give you the Olé attempt which actually worked much of the time. Deion didn’t drop picks either. 

WhenFalconsWin likes this

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

Deion would at least give you the Olé attempt which actually worked much of the time. Deion didn’t drop picks either. 

Exactly, Deion was my favorite CB of all time.  I used to get excited as he.ll when he got the ball in his hands...always a threat to take it to the house. 

Black Francis likes this

2 hours ago, RazorWing said:

I been a falcon fan for 20yrs. The cornerback play from trufant this year is the worst i ever seen. He is worse than Chris Houston.

I’ve seen way worse unfortunately. Charles Dimery comes to mind first, but there is a long line of failure at that position.

Take a look at some of those old Jerry Rice tapes. You’ll see plenty of ineptitude.

Edited by Emmitt
RoddyWhite84 likes this

1 hour ago, Dem Birds said:

I didn't think that play was as bad as it was made out. He was trying not to get blocked, had he attacked the play he would have been blocked out too. It looks bad but I don't think it was a lack of effort, I think he just didn't have much of a chance to get in there and was hoping to be able to run him down after. But who knows what he was thinking for sure. He's been really bad in coverage this year but I don't think effort is the problem

Attacking that play was the only chance to stop it. There was no attempt to run down either. Plus he has done this same thing in almost every game we've played. This play is not standing alone in a vacuum by any means.

He's straight up scared to throw his body into a big collision.

Peyton likes this

Image may contain: text

It's not just Alford and Trufaunt. All of are guys are having a career bad season. 

This has bad scheming and coaching written all over it!

Contrary to popular believes, not all coaches and schemes are equal. 

When multiple proven vets are struggling on both sides of the ball, it's not time to reevaluate the players, but the Staff.

Flying Falcon likes this

6 hours ago, Tampa Bay Falcon said:

Saw the replay on the Nick Chubb run where Trufant...pretty much ran away form Chubb and not attack, I know he should not have made it that far to the DB level but i think he is still worried about getting injuried.

As Deion Sanders would say from his playing days "he made a business decision."

Tampa Bay Falcon likes this

One of the best things we could do right now is let Trufaunt go,, and replace him with the best player we can find.. Anybody would be better than how he's playing.. And we need to simplify the O# plays and do what we do best and kick out those plays we go backwards on ..  It's really simple,,  Dan Reeves was the best example of simplicity.  That's how he took a very simple modest team to the SB...  Probably the cheapest team ever to go to a SB... He simply used the same plays but just mixed them up...  That's what N.O. is doing this year.. If a play works really well, ware it OUT !!!!  If I could tell or HC anything it would be this..  KISS ....Keep It Simple Stupid !!

4 hours ago, RazorWing said:

I been a falcon fan for 20yrs. The cornerback play from trufant this year is the worst i ever seen. He is worse than Chris Houston.

Even Houston at least tried his heart out.

2 hours ago, shc said:

Bingo. He was getting snaps at the nickle in preseason and was still all over the place with his playmaking. Put Allen back at FS and we won't have QBs destroy us for either 300 plus or 3 TDs a game. 

Edited by stizz

18 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Lol Dan Quinn gives a **** about the fans comfort levels.

Pretty sure AB does when the multi-Billion dollar stadium he just built isn't selling out because the fans aren't going to bother with a team that they have no faith in.  I used to have season tickets for the Falcon's until 2014 even though I live in NC.  Me and two buddies had two seats for almost 20 years.  I got sick of the lack of direction even with Mike Smith and gave them up because we knew seating licenses were coming with the new stadium.  I've thought about buying season tix again but not after this year. 

You can think that the coaches and owners don't care what the fans think, but you would be wrong.  Winning records and faith that the team will get better are about the only two reasons why people will fork out the kind of money the NFL asks for now to attend games.

22 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

I would've agreed with you last season but now they're so garbage it doesn't matter whether we keep one or let them both go.

Alford is horrible in coverage and Tru is horrible at tackling. I don't know which is worse. Poole is decent at tacklin and Oliver is decent in coverage. If they play horribly again do we bench em again?