Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TRUju2111

How will we fill all these huge holes in 1 offseason

15 posts in this topic

I used to think this team was loaded, then the 2018 season started. Its clear we need 2 new corners, 2 more pass rushers, a tackle, guards, and some depth at linebacker, dt and safety. Also a kr/pr and a big RB. Just seems we have a lot of needs if we want to be contenders.

No team can fill every hole. But Trufant needs to go. Alford can go too. Freeman needs to somehow go. We need new Guards.

1 Offseason wont do it. It wont fix everything in 1 offseason.

Its a "Rebuild" but its a process build

31 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I used to think this team was loaded, then the 2018 season started. Its clear we need 2 new corners, 2 more pass rushers, a tackle, guards, and some depth at linebacker, dt and safety. Also a kr/pr and a big RB. Just seems we have a lot of needs if we want to be contenders.

Shaub will likely retire soon, a decent back up qb also is on the list 

We need a solid OLB and Oline help.  Replace Sark too.   

After this....explore the option of dumping Trufant. 

After this...improve the depth. 

1 hour ago, TRUju2111 said:

I'm with you. Move Kazee to CB with Oliver (who hopefully gets a lot more reps the rest of this year), draft a CB, LB and DE in the first 3 rounds and extend Irvin now. Find a big RB in round 4 although we'll probably never go for a big RB. That might just be a pipe dream, but a good goal line bruiser should be available in round 4. Then go DT with every other pick, and bring in FA OL players and others to fill in the depth or get lucky with another starter.

Have to re-sign Grady too.

That probably won't fix all that ails us but it would be a good start.

KCFalcon22 likes this

50 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It's likely that either Allen or Kazee will be moved to Corner next season.

Rico looked good as a nickle, but we still need 2 starters

I would extend Sanu too. He has a screw up once in a while like the fumble, but he has a nose for the endzone and 3rd down conversions most of the time. And he's probably the toughest guy on our team.

Kazee starts... 

Rico goes to nickel

Oliver starts at corner

We stick with Alford on the other side.

With Debo back, we have Foye as a decent backup. With Rico and Neal back we have some okay depth after guys got experience this year.

We draft another DL and a solid Guard early. Roll with Garland as the other guard. Draft a corner next... reach for another OL and LB for depth and development in the mid rounds.. sign a player or two in FA..

It's not as bleak as it may seem and I think we can do a lot to fill most of the holes.

The secret will be hitting on a Guard and DL in the early rounds.