Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Top 5 reasons the Cowboys beat the Falcons (from Cowboys message board)

59 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

trust me you get no rise from me at all. it does please me to see a know it all wrong though

Lol obviously

The issues (besides D. Jones probably playing and them, like every fanbase, somehow thinking their CB's can hang with JJ) is in the very beginning: they say their defense played well last season so they should magically do so again. The problem is our offense was pretty trashy last season and now it's one of the best in the league. Could their defense step up and beat us? Sure, Cleveland did it. But that's not a bet I would make.

8 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

The issues (besides D. Jones probably playing and them, like every fanbase, somehow thinking their CB's can hang with JJ) is in the very beginning: they say their defense played well last season so they should magically do so again. The problem is our offense was pretty trashy last season and now it's one of the best in the league. Could their defense step up and beat us? Sure, Cleveland did it. But that's not a bet I would make.

To be fair, Dallas has a top 10 defense so I don't know if it's a matter of them stepping up. I think it's more about them showing up. They've had a few blunders where they've looked bad this season. I don't think they have a single corner who can run with Julio stride for stride. Byron Jones is a physical corner who played safety up until this year so he's gonna put up a fight at the line if they choose to press. Once Julio gets a step on him, it's all on him and Matt. I don't know if the D-Line gets to him like they did last year again. Zeke is gonna be a hand full for the defense. I don't think Dak is a good QB at all and I hope the defense doesn't make me eat those words but i'm not holding my breath

PokerSteve likes this

15 hours ago, Drbob said:

We better light up the scoreboard, because I don't believe our defense can stop Dallas. 

I call don't believe our defense can stop Dallas and raise you I don't believe our defense can stop anybody. lol.

On a related note, if Debo comes back and turns this wretched, traumatized Falcon defense back into a Top 10 unit, his agent is going to be asking for Matt Ryanesque dollars on his next deal. He'll have an excellent bargaining position.

Drbob likes this

On 11/13/2018 at 9:23 PM, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Anybody remember the time Dan Quinn went off on the D line on the sideline when we played the Cowboys in 2015?

I will always remember that every time we play Dallas for now on.

Dan Quinn is 2-0 against Dallas as Falcons HC. I see him going 3-0 this weekend.

Ryan and Julio playing together are 3-0 against Dallas. I see them going 4-0 this weekend. 

I also think we hang 30 plus points like we have every game at home this season outside of the Giants game when we scored only 23.

Against Panthers 31 points

Against Aints 37 points

Against Bengals 36 points

Against Buccaneers 34 points

I do remember him going off in that game!.. and I'd like to see more of it.

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 0:32 PM, jgsbirds1 said:

has anyone heard if the roof will be opened or closed for the game with dallas?

if not, when is that usually announced?