Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Top 5 reasons the Cowboys beat the Falcons (from Cowboys message board)

59 posts in this topic

From the Cowboys message board

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/top-5-reasons-dallas-will-beat-atlanta.420247/

Original post below

The Cowboys are beating the Falcons this coming Sunday.

Looking back at the 2017 game, Dallas, well mainly the defense, played well. Especially in the 1st half. Unfortunately, the offense didn't do anything all game and were only able to produce 7 points all game thanks to the defense setting them up with excellent field position after an interception in the 1st quarter. The defense just had nothing left in the 2nd half and the final score was 27-7.

So what is different this year?

#1 Tryone Smith is healthy

Tyrone is back and playing at a high level. He wasnt active in the 2017 game due to injury. Dak missed him greatly. Prescott was sacked 6 times (6!) by Adrian Clayborne, along with 2 other sacks by the Atlanta defense. Chaz Green had an atrocious game at Left Tackle. Chaz is gone and Smith is back playing well. Tyrone Smith will single handedly help the passing and running attacks. Big time.

#2 Zeke will be taking handoffs
Zeke was serving his 6 game suspension when this game came around last year. Although Alfred Morris played good in Zeke's absence, he just wasn't the same threat. Zeke can have a big game against the Atlanta defense.

#3 The LVE Effect
Dallas was only gifted a couple of series with Sean Lee in that 2017 game. He injured his hammy sometime in the 1st quarter. Well Dallas will be without him again this year, BUT, they will have his replacement stomping all over the field. LVE is playing at a very high level already and I doubt the defense is as worried about Lee being out now that this guy is around.

#4 Jones vs. Jones
Byron Jones has played consistently well all year as Cornerback, and I'm betting that he and the rest of an improved Defense, will be able to contain Julio Jones.

#5 Atlanta is banged up
The Falcons will be without a couple of key starters this game. Including Pro Bowl LB Deion Jones and starter Safety Keanu Neal. They will also be without a couple of other players lost to injury earlier in the season due to injury. Their defense can be scored on. The Cleveland Browns just put up 28 on them last week. You read that right. The Browns.

Dallas has this game. They just need to play with that same level of intensity they had Sunday night against the Eagles.

2nd reply from the thread

They have no Adrian Clayborn anymore so Dak atleast should be able to sleep well before the Game.

The Rest will be seen. This is an any given Sunday League.

If you follow the pattern the Cowboys will stink it up on Offense once again cause they go away from what worked last game. Just like they did after JAX.

Since the Cowboys still haven't won two in a row the Jury is out if they can break that spell.

Anybody remember the time Dan Quinn went off on the D line on the sideline when we played the Cowboys in 2015?

I will always remember that every time we play Dallas for now on.

Dan Quinn is 2-0 against Dallas as Falcons HC. I see him going 3-0 this weekend.

Ryan and Julio playing together are 3-0 against Dallas. I see them going 4-0 this weekend. 

I also think we hang 30 plus points like we have every game at home this season outside of the Giants game when we scored only 23.

Against Panthers 31 points

Against Aints 37 points

Against Bengals 36 points

Against Buccaneers 34 points

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I don't see anything that isn't the truth or at least a good assumption. If they play like they did against Philly, it's a loss for us. We have to stop Zeke. If he is able to run free lime Chubb did, their passing game will be wide open.

Comparing the Cowboys O to the Cleveland O is not valid. Cleveland has 3 WRs better than Dallas' best. Their QB is also far superior to Prescott. The only think Dallas has is Zeke. I fully expect him to have a big night. He will be like Barkley was...but without O'dell or Shepard to back him up in the passing game.

Since I often quote the great Gordon Solie, I will again.

"Interesting comments indeed but it all remains to be seen Sunday at the new mall"

Of course the last words would have been at the Omni.     Omni beer....80's 88.5 listeners have probably heard that song.

PokerSteve likes this

Grady and Takk will have a big night.  The cowgirls passing game does not scare us.  If we can contain Zeke like we did Barkley and Peterson we should be okay at home.  Especially if we can jump out early and force Dak to play catch up.

I love how people continue to underrate Julio.  I’ve seen ONE CB earn the right to say he contained Julio and that was Rhodes last year.  Otherwise, I’m still waiting

59 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Comparing the Cowboys O to the Cleveland O is not valid. Cleveland has 3 WRs better than Dallas' best. Their QB is also far superior to Prescott. The only think Dallas has is Zeke. I fully expect him to have a big night. He will be like Barkley was...but without O'dell or Shepard to back him up in the passing game.

I can't disagree with any of this. But the last sentence might not be relevant. I'm not confident that we won't make any scrub WR they have look like an all pro. We should beat Dallas, but we wouldn't if this was in Dallas. They play a lot like we do on the road, except in Philly.

Everyone knows the Falcons mailed it in last week.  That's the worst thing a professional athlete can do...not put forth maximum effort.   

That means this game against Dallas is the old gut check.  Cliché, but true.  This Sunday the Falcons will play not only to keep their season (barely) alive, but for their very pride. 

If they dog it like they did against the Browns, well, that would be a very serious indication that they are a team of quitters, something I never thought would even be a possibility with Dan Quinn as coach. 

14 hours ago, celtiksage said:

I don't see anything that isn't the truth or at least a good assumption. If they play like they did against Philly, it's a loss for us. We have to stop Zeke. If he is able to run free lime Chubb did, their passing game will be wide open.

Well the only thing he got wrong, and it's a big one, is that Deion Jones is going to play in this game.

With the motivation the falcons had against the Browns and the way we were coached and performed.  I could see us losing every game for the remainder of the year.  The Brown's game was that bad.

Outside of QB and maybe the play of JJ, I haven't seen a single player (or coach) elevate their game.  Not a single one.