Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

UGA Basketball 2018-19

140 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

I love the optimism... I'll take an SEC championship and/or a Tournament appearance. If dude delivers a natty in basketball I say we give him a trophy and rename the basketball arena... :lol: 

we gonna do it man.. do what florida did.. title in football and basketball..  lolol.. Let's do it!

Just now, SacFalcFan said:

we gonna do it man.. do what florida did.. title in football and basketball..  lolol.. Let's do it!

brain fart above. trophy = statue... :lol: 

Need to pick up a PG... Juco or Transfer maybe?

Just now, fibonaccisquared said:

brain fart above. trophy = statue... :lol: 

Need to pick up a PG... Juco or Transfer maybe?

yep juco or transfer..  i can see a few kids being encouraged to go elsewhere and we might add another 2 players.. 

17 hours ago, Carter said:

We will find out tomorrow but pretty much everyone is expecting he will be a Dawg. Crean will probably clean house for next year and we will see a pretty different team. Some of these guys need to step up their game in a big way if they want to be a part of it.

The culture is the biggest obstacle in the way for UGA basketball. You can see it in the fan base too. Most folks will tell you they are diehard UGA football fans but in basketball they like some other team. I’ve seen it my whole life. 

You and me both was going to go to a home game before the season ended, but with how the play has been you'd think tickets would be a lot cheaper lol. I pray and hope that UGA BB gets back on track though.

8 minutes ago, MayorWest13 said:

thoughts on this? 

I don’t really follow basketball recruiting much but my assumption looking at the two is we’d have a better shot with Quinones. Can’t imagine we would be able to pull a 5 star from NYC, let alone pull him away from UConn. But I really have no knowledge of those guys so idk.

Outside of Claxton and Hammonds (and he needs to be not as lazy) there's a good chance that the other 3 starters, including Edwards are new, outside of maybe Fagan as a possible 3/D type PG that is a secondary ballhandler (I'm not calling Edwards a PG, but I think he could be like a more athletic Harden/bigger Mitchell and those guys pass well enough to be main ballhandlers).

Starting lineup:

PG: ??? (My feeling is either Tye Fagan, a JUCO guy, or a grad transfer)
SG: Anthony Edwards
SF: Jaykwon Walton (incoming 4 star)
PF: Rayshaun Hammonds
F/C: Nic Claxton

6th man: Tyree Crump
Jordan Harris (also possible he starts at SF instead of Walton)
Toumani Camara
Amanze Ngumezi

That looks like top 20 caliber talent in the top 9 and it also, even if a guy like Harris does end up starting, relieves pressure on the other guys.

The comment that Crean made when he took over the program about wishing he had just got rid of the WHOLE lot of players that Fox left him to work with.  He apologized later but I AGREE with what he said...:lol:  Crean is a TOP coach and every time I see a Georgia game I'm left with the feeling that I hope he doesn't bounce on that program before he turns it around which I KNOW he can do.  The current players SUCK big time.  There is nothing wrong with what he said...

“I’m the one who decided to keep these guys… When there’s a takeover, when you have guys who haven’t done it at any point really in their career, a lot of those guys move on. And I didn’t do that.”

m2Falcons likes this

8 hours ago, slickgadawg said:

The comment that Crean made when he took over the program about wishing he had just got rid of the WHOLE lot of players that Fox left him to work with.  He apologized later but I AGREE with what he said...:lol:  Crean is a TOP coach and every time I see a Georgia game I'm left with the feeling that I hope he doesn't bounce on that program before he turns it around which I KNOW he can do.  The current players SUCK big time.  There is nothing wrong with what he said...

“I’m the one who decided to keep these guys… When there’s a takeover, when you have guys who haven’t done it at any point really in their career, a lot of those guys move on. And I didn’t do that.”

good points and now has a big time class