Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

UGA Basketball 2018-19

281 posts in this topic

Would like to think we have a chance in this game, but my gut thinks we may get blown out. Would love to beat the crook Pearl.  Maybe we can win it for Crean and his Mom

Edited by 007dawg

I know it will take a couple of years but I hope Claxton and Hammonds stick around one more year.  Mark fox just brought in players but not talent.  

1st half i was very impressed.. second half it was run around like idiots and then throw up a horrible 3 pointer.. basically what we saw with coach fox.  

I hope Crean can turn that program around.  He needs waaaay more talent. If Claxton is your go to player you need talent in the worst way...:(

8 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Can a real PG please show up? And maybe a shooter? 

Crean is getting them open.  They can't play. Its as simple as that...:(

5 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

Crean is getting them open.  They can't play. Its as simple as that...:(

Not a fan of turtle starting but to start Harris instead? :huh:

slickgadawg likes this

You can definitely see hints of what Crean wants to bring, but not having a PG is leading to absolutely brutal looking stretches...you're welcome to Fox for destroying the confidence of Jackson a couple seasons ago.

And yes, I'll keep with that agenda this year lmao. I'd find it way too hard to believe that everyone outside of Ogbeide busting in 2015 was all bad evaluations. Keeping a stringent philosophy that leaves younger players looking over their shoulder harms development and doesn't help and that was Fox.

But also, fwiw, Hammonds does not like this new philosophy and wanted to transfer if the source on 247 is actually correct. The coach that he had contact with said in response "And are you doing all you can?"

Edited by VoiceofReason95

Man, I was a defender of Mark Fox for many years but he crippled this team.  Our guard play is just downright horrible.  We do not improve until the Seniors and Juniors are gone.  We got to get the stench of Mark Fox off this team.  I feel bad for the seniors.  1 NCAA berth and 2 NIT berths that resulted in us never getting out of the second round of the NIT.  It took 4 years to get Indiana to the tournament.  I think it will be 3 here but NIT next year.       

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

3 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

Man, I was a defender of Mark Fox for many years but he crippled this team.  Our guard play is just downright horrible.  We do not improve until the Seniors and Juniors are gone.  We got to get the stench of Mark Fox off this team.  I feel bad for the seniors.  1 NCAA berth and 2 NIT berths that resulted in us never getting out of the second round of the NIT.  It took 4 years to get Indiana to the tournament.  I think it will be 3 here but NIT next year.       

Today’s game was horrid.. we’d score then they’d drive right down the floor for an easy layup.. no help defense was played.. and Claxton even got owned multiple times 

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Today’s game was horrid.. we’d score then they’d drive right down the floor for an easy layup.. no help defense was played.. and Claxton even got owned multiple times 

We need guards.  period.