Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carter

UGA Basketball 2018-19

284 posts in this topic

I wonder if Crean is gonna add anyone else for 2019 or is he waiting to see what Claxton is gonna do?

9 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I wonder if Crean is gonna add anyone else for 2019 or is he waiting to see what Claxton is gonna do?

Gotta wait... He's better than anyone we could add at the position at this point...

15 hours ago, 007dawg said:

Crean is actively trying to add a big.. We have howard visiting this weekend.. We will sign a big.  We need to. 

37 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

Most expect clax to be gone and us to get Howard.

Yeah, that seems to be where most are projecting even with Claxton now seeming less and less likely to end up in the first round... Very odd frankly. I'm ok with it, but just seems like such a misstep for him, since most of his "flaws" are so easily fixed with another year. Getting bad advice IMO.

Yeah I think he'd improve his stock coming back.  But it feels like he's going to choose not to.

Still hope he comes back

other posts I've seen

And I just saw on Twitter that Nic’s dad said he might not announce until tomorrow morning.

His dad said if he isn’t basically promised 1st rd, he’s coming back for “the revenge tour” at UGA

7 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Big need inside.  

I wonder if we go after another big?  Aren’t we allowed 13 on scholarship?

2 hours ago, 007dawg said:

I wonder if we go after another big?  Aren’t we allowed 13 on scholarship?

yes we have 1 more open scholarship, but the grad transfer market is pretty small right now.. not a whole lot of quality.. they are trying to add 1 more big.  howard is a very nice pickup, but we could use a grad transfer to fill in for a year and give us some help. 

It will be interesting to see how the team plays this year with so many new players.   With Claxton coming back, making the Dance was possible imo, but without him it will be tough to do.  Hopefully, they can make a run at it in order to keep the momentum going.   The 3rd year will be crucial and will be without Antman,so it would be good to make it this year to keep momentum. 

very proud of Claxton.. his hard work has really paid off.. invited to the green room is awesome.. great pub for UGA and Tom Crean. 

Posted (edited)

As most of us predicted before the Combine hype, Claxton doesn't make the first round. Hopefully for his sake he ends up somewhere that really needs him at this point... 

Edited by fibonaccisquared