Falcons Fan MVP

Will Deion Jones play vs Dallas?

66 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

OK, if Deion is 100% fine, play him.  But if there's any doubt, sit him. 

To me, squeaking into the playoffs for a one and done used to mean something, when we were a perpetually sucky team. But now we're beyond that (thank God). 

So I don't care if we make the playoffs this year -- we dam sure aren't going all the way.  So playoffs mean nothing to me this year. Preparing for next year means more. 

To each his/her own then.

I read where Deion Jones has been cleared by his doctors AND the team doctors. 
So, to me, that sounds like it's up to him (and the coaches of course), whether he plays or not.  I think he'll play, myself....but a light load....that is, if there's no setbacks the rest of the week.  If he DOES play, that would give him time to get used to the speed of the game, again, 'cause we definitely need him to be 100% when we play the Taints! 

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

LOLOLOLOLOL sorry had to laugh at your comment since you think an organization worth hundreds of millions of dollars would put their football coach in charge of deciding whether or not players can play with injuries. 

The best doctors in the world declared Neal as fit enough to compete in an NFL game and he did and he got hurt again. DQ isn't a surgeon. He has a list of active players and puts the ones who give him the best chance of winning the game in. Neal was deemed good by the DOCTORS so he was in. 

See...this is where reading is fundamental...I said "let"...I didn't say "put"...You can't tell me that Neal wasn't in pain  after he got hurt that 1st time and Dan Quinn didn't know anything about it. You don't play with knees. You can actually see when Neal came back into the game that he wasn't 100%. Call me the negative Nancy if you might but when Neal came back into the game I KNEW something bad was about to happen.  

7 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

OK, if Deion is 100% fine, play him.  But if there's any doubt, sit him. 

To me, squeaking into the playoffs for a one and done used to mean something, when we were a perpetually sucky team. But now we're beyond that (thank God). 

So I don't care if we make the playoffs this year -- we dam sure aren't going all the way.  So playoffs mean nothing to me this year. Preparing for next year means more. 

You know how long a wait we have till next season? How anxious we get when we get closer to football but still have to wait months for it to get here. Why would we fold and sit back on our hands and just say oh well next year means more! Man it’s all in time, none of that next year bs. It’s time to see what the falcons of made of! Get up and smack some one around come Sunday and win one at a time. Clevaland won the super bowl last Sunday, sure they got the best of us, but we are still very much in position to make some noise of things playout right. A lot of football left to play, I wouldn’t give up on this team so easily! Rise up!

Edited by tonatl07

19 hours ago, falcndave said:

Brees actually drives more balls down the field than any other QB. He uses deep sideline routes the most. He checks down far less than most "good" QBs. He is the read deal. He hasn't got an ounce of Alex Smith in him. Because he throws to RBs, people have the perception that he checks down. 

One of the ways that you evaluate QBs is to see which ones depend on YAC to get their stats. This season, Mahommes gets the most benefit from YAC of any of the big name QBs, yet he has a reputation as a shot taker. Brees gets the least benefit from YAC of any of the big name QBs, yet he is seen as check down Charlie for reasons I'll never understand. 

I've watched the whole game 3 times...including about half the plays on all 22. I'm not impressed with Harris as a receiving threat. The Falcons D obviously wasn't either. They invited throws to him while sitting on Reed every time he was in the game. That is why Washington used the other TE more in the 2nd half. Falcons basically said, "If you think  your going to scare us with Harris...have at it boys!" I think the Falcons were grinning every time that Alex gave in and threw him the ball. 

I'll give you the win on the debate about route structure. A more correct statement on my part would be, "The Falcons played Harris like they typically play receiving RBs...if you want to throw it to them all day long...go ahead." 

C'mon man. Michael Thomas is number 2 in the NFL among WRs in YAC while only averaging 12.2 YPC. Kamara has 429 YAC on only 473 yards.  Breee is awesome but he isn't completing 78% of his passes and never getting sacked throwing the ball down the field more than any other QB. I was watcging the Minnesota game and Brees only threw 2 passes further than 10 yards in the whole game and zero further than 20.  So c'mon man, let's not make rash general statements.

Yes I agree with you that Harris is a nobody.  But that's kind of the point.  This back 7 is in such shambles than any player executing remotely well can do whatever they want to this defense. Which is why they need Deion Jones back....this week.  

Dem Birds likes this

I really think Deion is more ready to go than the Falcons are letting on and he will be ready to go Sunday.  Rather him knock the rust off in this one. 

5 hours ago, Peyton said:

C'mon man. Michael Thomas is number 2 in the NFL among WRs in YAC while only averaging 12.2 YPC. Kamara has 429 YAC on only 473 yards.  Breee is awesome but he isn't completing 78% of his passes and never getting sacked throwing the ball down the field more than any other QB. I was watcging the Minnesota game and Brees only threw 2 passes further than 10 yards in the whole game and zero further than 20.  So c'mon man, let's not make rash general statements.

Yes I agree with you that Harris is a nobody.  But that's kind of the point.  This back 7 is in such shambles than any player executing remotely well can do whatever they want to this defense. Which is why they need Deion Jones back....this week.  

Upon further review. You are right, he doesn't throw deep as often as I thought. He is in the middle of the pack of starting QBs. Brees is exceptional efficient in deep passes. He has the same number of deep passes as Ryan (actually 38 vs 39), but he got there on 49 fewer attempts. The problem is, he is just scary efficient when he does throw deep (can you say running game?) On these throws over 20 yards in the air he completes 55% of them. His passer rating on deep throws is 139.7, which is well above any other QB who has thrown over 20 deep passes. So, while I was wrong about the number of deep throws, I was on target about the result of his deep passing. 

5 hours ago, Peyton said:

I really think Deion is more ready to go than the Falcons are letting on and he will be ready to go Sunday.  Rather him knock the rust off in this one. 

That's what I'm hoping. Some gamesmanship. I really don't want him to get thrown back into the game against the Saints off 10 weeks of rust.