Falcons Fan MVP

Will Deion Jones play vs Dallas?

66 posts in this topic

Last I heard Deion Jones was cleared to play vs Dallas. A lot of people think we should hold off on Deions return until the Saints game because 2 games in 5 nights would be too much. I say we MUST play Deion! This game is a must win. All hands on deck! So will Deion play vs Dallas?

tonatl07 likes this

I think we can beat Dallas without him. This game sets up much like the Redskins. They are a matchup nightmare for us on both LOSs, but they don't have the threat of a deep pass so we can crash the run and pin our ears back to go after the QB. He has a tendency to hold the ball.

For these reasons, and a short week leading up to the next game, I favor keeping him fresh until Thursday. He is Brees' personal kryptonite. We will need him fresh. We can beat the Cowboys on offense. If our offense score 24 we win. I like the chances of that happening at home.

57 minutes ago, falcndave said:

I think we can beat Dallas without him. This game sets up much like the Redskins. They are a matchup nightmare for us on both LOSs, but they don't have the threat of a deep pass so we can crash the run and pin our ears back to go after the QB. He has a tendency to hold the ball.

For these reasons, and a short week leading up to the next game, I favor keeping him fresh until Thursday. He is Brees' personal kryptonite. We will need him fresh. We can beat the Cowboys on offense. If our offense score 24 we win. I like the chances of that happening at home.

You don't have to have good receivers to light up our CBs. Washington doesn't have a name I know on their WR chart, but one of them had 124 yards against us. I expect Cooper, Beasley and Gallup to have career days. Our only saving grace is this one is at home. We'll see how it goes. This should be 1 of our 3 remaining wins this year, but we saw how we play vs teams we are supposed to beat.

PokerSteve and Gibson's Finest like this

11 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I think you have to or he goes on season ending IR

No, they designated him to return last week. From the date he’s disignated they have 21 days to decide if they want to activate him or not, so they still had like 14 days to decide. This is my understanding of the rule. 

He should sit. Rest up fully. There's really no reason to do anything else.

Why is it a must win? what does squeaking into the playoffs for a 1 and done do for us?

Been there, done that. Season lost to injuries and a lack of mental toughness last week. Plan for next year. Let the players who do play go all out, but don't risk a recovering superstar. 

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

You don't have to have good receivers to light up our CBs. Washington doesn't have a name I know on their WR chart, but one of them had 124 yards against us. I expect Cooper, Beasley and Gallup to have career days. Our only saving grace is this one is at home. We'll see how it goes. This should be 1 of our 3 remaining wins this year, but we saw how we play vs teams we are supposed to beat.

Which Redskins receiver lit us up?  Since the had no receiving RB, they let one of their receivers run a RB route tree all night. If the Cowboys want to "spring" someone for 124 yards with an aDoT of 4 yards...sign me up now.  

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

Which Redskins receiver lit us up?  Since the had no receiving RB, they let one of their receivers run a RB route tree all night. If the Cowboys want to "spring" someone for 124 yards with an aDoT of 4 yards...sign me up now.  

They'll be able to dink and dunk all day because of the way Trufant plays. They'll happily take those 8 yard gains all the way down to the redzone.

PokerSteve and falcndave like this

1 hour ago, falcndave said:

His name was Harris. Never heard of him, but he did put 124 on us.

10 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Why is it a must win? what does squeaking into the playoffs for a 1 and done do for us?

Been there, done that. Season lost to injuries and a lack of mental toughness last week. Plan for next year. Let the players who do play go all out, but don't risk a recovering superstar. 

Of course he should play if ready, the Dallas game makes or breaks any hope for rest of season. And making it to wildcard means a lot. What’s wrong with you people?

So if in your little world you guys are  sitting D Jones, are you also sitting Julio/Ryan/Matthews et al as well?

We can beat Dallas without him. Not sure if we will or not, but we easily can. We'll need him for the Ain'ts game though.

It comes down to how good he really is. If he can only go one out of the next two games, it's the Ain'ts. If he's good enough to handle both, let him handle both. 

PokerSteve likes this

10 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

We're talking Dan Quinn here. The guy who let Neal back in the Eagles game with a bum knee.