GhostofGritz

If We Could Hear the Worst Thing You've Said...

93 posts in this topic

My ire is most always directed at the dysfunctional group that tries to run a football team while trying to create marketing jingles and slogans while moving into a new dome while buying an Arena League team and all the facilities for it while planning and building a new mall while buying a soccer team that the new mall was really built for because they play more home games while trying to bring in Super bowls and NCAA( biggest WHORE on earth) championship games.

DQ's D scheme takes a BUNCH of grief at my house as well as our 2 1st round DE's. 

No owner, front office, coach or player is above criticism.  Having said that, I'm all in every year until the last game. 

Go Falcons

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

I'm too much of a lady to repeat those things on a public forum - but let's just say - I don't care how macho you are -  you'd blush!

Hahaha now inquiring minds want to know. Lmao

Tandy likes this

1 hour ago, BCEagleATLFalcon said:

I didn’t say ANYthing during the 51 meltdown, I basically went comatose.

And then a few weeks ago, after the Bengals game, I seriously just lost it. It was my first time at the Benz and the whole day had been SO much fun and I was so sure we were going to win it (not for any discernible reason really, but I was sure).

Losing it in the final seconds like that, having what felt like a win taken away ...... it was like everything I’d wanted to say after 51 came out at once. (This was the first game I’d attended in person since then.)

I literally walked out of the stadium YELLING “F*** this mother-f’ing team, all they ever do is break your f’ing heart, I’m never f’ing watching this f’ing BS again.” My poor mother who was with me, trying to quiet me down. I was a one woman spectacle. 

And then a week later I dutifully sat down for the Steelers game. And then last week after the Skins game, I decided we were going back to the Super Bowl.

A typical fan, right? :lol:

You have come full circle, Grasshopper!

Since I have been with them since the beginning, I have said a lot of things over the years, sorta a love/hate relationship. Mostly numb now. Doesn't matter much anymore. Really numb since that SB debacle.  

GhostofGritz likes this

Personally I just go silent for a while .... and over the years people around me have learned not to bring a loss up .... superbowl deal it was 2 weeks before anyone brought it up at work ... I live where the majority are Bengal fans so they feel the pain too 

GhostofGritz likes this

Super Bowl 51 was by far the hardest, most emotional thing as a SPORTS fan I've ever endured. It made me numb to sports at that point. The very next year I watched my alma mater give up 2nd and 26....and it didn't hurt. It didnt hurt near as bad as watching Brady drive the field again, and again...2 point conversion after 2 point conversion. The Falcons had already broke me. Cause I'd have given almost anything for us to celebrate that parade. For you, for me...for all of us. I'm a mortician in real life, and in 2012 I sat in a room with a fan who was wearing a jersey and hat. He died 1 day before the game. For one hour I sat with someone I've never met, and went over the game. 4th down, inside the 10 with the game on the line, and Navarro Bowman breaking up the pass to Roddy White. I didnt break that day.

Super Bowl 51 broke me. Not Alabama, not Tua Tonguaviola, not 2nd and 26. Super Bowl 51 broke me as a fan. I just hope someone talks to me one day now....as a true born native, I'd have given almost anything for that day.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

So I’ve learned over the years to not trust this team. At all. But in 2016, I admittedly fell for it. And they broke my **** heart. Even during the super bowl, bunch of friends told me at halftime after the Alford pick 6, “you got this.” I said nope, because I knew better. But after Coleman scored the TD to make the game 28-3, I said out loud “that’s game.” I fell for it. They fooled me....again. Never thought they would. But ******....I was so sure it was over 

If I can say one thing it is that I didn't let them fool me even up 28-3. My wife chastised me for pacing, worrying and vocally noting every mistake while telling her it wasn't over. 

All I said after it WAS over (and I said it about 50 times) was...

"I TOLD YOU.. I TOLD YOU.."

GhostofGritz likes this

7 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

If I can say one thing it is that I didn't let them fool me even up 28-3. My wife chastised me for pacing, worrying and vocally noting every mistake while telling her it wasn't over. 

All I said after it WAS over (and I said it about 50 times) was...

"I TOLD YOU.. I TOLD YOU.."

Yep. When the patriots made it an 8 point game, I knew something was very wrong. Even when Julio made the miraculous catch, I was just thinking “someone is going to screw up. Fumble, penalty, bryant is going to miss the kick.” I was having a party with about 20 people over and I just yelled out, “they’re going to lose this...” I just knew. I’ve never been so hurt by a game before. Honestly, nothing sports related will really bother me ever again because of that game. Every falcons loss, I just sort of shrug my shoulders now

I agree... I vent about the mistakes made when we lost a game like we did this week, but I just shrug as well when all is said and done. 

I'm in my mid 50's and was born and raised an Atlanta and Georgia sports fan. You rightfully come to just expect it. Something will always happen.

But I'm there every week as a fan once again. I never stop watching and cheering. Real hope though is something else, lol

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yep. When the patriots made it an 8 point game, I knew something was very wrong. Even when Julio made the miraculous catch, I was just thinking “someone is going to screw up. Fumble, penalty, bryant is going to miss the kick.” I was having a party with about 20 people over and I just yelled out, “they’re going to lose this...” I just knew. I’ve never been so hurt by a game before. Honestly, nothing sports related will really bother me ever again because of that game. Every falcons loss, I just sort of shrug my shoulders now

I never get excited over a lead now. If it comes down to the wire, I expect us to lose. It’s a delightful surprise when we win. 

8 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

None of, or anything close, to the above.  

During "the game which will remain nameless" my boss called at halftime and said "Ya'll got this."  To which I responded, "I won't start celebrating until there's 2 minutes left, we're up by 20, with the ball and New England doesn't have any time outs left.  That's Brady across the field."

That's probably the worst.

I don't see that as bad, just realistic. I said the same thing to my wife and a friend I was texting with who is a Patriots' fan. I told my wife at 28-3 that this could still go bad. I had no confidence that we would win even up that much. When my friend texted that it was over and the Patriots were sorry, I told him, 'This is the Falcons.' 

Anybody that's been a Falcons' fan for a long time, and I have since the very beginning, had that in the back of their mind. I guarantee it. 

The most 'Falcons gonna Falcon' moment in Falcons' history. And to think it's gone through many regimes with totally different owners, coaches, and players. It's unreal. It boggles my mind. 

6 hours ago, fuego said:

I don't see that as bad, just realistic. I said the same thing to my wife and a friend I was texting with who is a Patriots' fan. I told my wife at 28-3 that this could still go bad. I had no confidence that we would win even up that much. When my friend texted that it was over and the Patriots were sorry, I told him, 'This is the Falcons.' 

Anybody that's been a Falcons' fan for a long time, and I have since the very beginning, had that in the back of their mind. I guarantee it. 

The most 'Falcons gonna Falcon' moment in Falcons' history. And to think it's gone through many regimes with totally different owners, coaches, and players. It's unreal. It boggles my mind. 

I'm remembering myself sitting on the foot of the bed, directly in front of the tv. My girl wals in, looks at the score and says; "Your boys are kicking some a$$, huh"? I didn't say a word because I KNEW better. Sad times.

fuego and GhostofGritz like this

Once I think I said something to the effect of, "If I could go back to 1988 and choose a different team I would". Since then I really don't put too much of myself into them to care enough to say really rotten ****.

After LI I was gonna burn a jersey but my mom stopped me, but that's about it. I'm just about checked out.

GhostofGritz likes this

2 minutes ago, IndiscreetGeek said:

Once I think I said something to the effect of, "If I could go back to 1988 and choose a different team I would". Since then I really don't put too much of myself into them to care enough to say really rotten ****.

After LI I was gonna burn a jersey but my mom stopped me, but that's about it. I'm just about checked out.

Oh and after the Browns game my mom said that its a love and hate thing with the Falcons.

I told her, "Nah, its mostly hate. Like even when they show us the good side of themselves, they still wind up losing somehow. The good memories (for example the Redskins game) are very few and far between. And even then, should we really be celebrating our #1 wide receiver getting his 1st TD halfway through the season? Even in victory, they're still pretty sad.". 

GhostofGritz likes this

15 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

about the Falcons privately, what would it be?

I'll go first: I said it after Sunday's game, and I've said it several times during the 40+ years I've been a fan of this team:

"Why do I even follow this team? They're never going to win it all."

And then I'm watching them again the following week.

Worst thing you've said?

Does Justin Hardy have naked pictures of Thomas or Quinn? Sure seems that way with Mr. fair catch Hardy

GhostofGritz likes this