GhostofGritz

If We Could Hear the Worst Thing You've Said...

93 posts in this topic

about the Falcons privately, what would it be?

I'll go first: I said it after Sunday's game, and I've said it several times during the 40+ years I've been a fan of this team:

"Why do I even follow this team? They're never going to win it all."

And then I'm watching them again the following week.

Worst thing you've said?

1 minute ago, GhostofGritz said:

I'll go first: I said it after Sunday's game, and I've said it several times during the 40+ years I've been a fan of this team:

Worst thing you've said?

None of, or anything close, to the above.  

During "the game which will remain nameless" my boss called at halftime and said "Ya'll got this."  To which I responded, "I won't start celebrating until there's 2 minutes left, we're up by 20, with the ball and New England doesn't have any time outs left.  That's Brady across the field."

That's probably the worst.

Edited by CrimsonFalcon

7 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

Worst thing you've said?

I each year when the season ends. I say to myself " I'm done with football finally one more useless thing out of my life so I can focus on more imp. Things" but here I am after all these years on the team forum site.

PokerSteve and GhostofGritz like this

4 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

I each year when the season ends. I say to myself " I'm done with football finally one more useless thing out of my life so I can focus on more imp. Things" but here I am after all these years on the team forum site.

I tell em when I leave the sports bar at the end of our season, "See you guys in a couple of weeks after the Super Bowl." 

Maximum The Hormone likes this

1 hour ago, GhostofGritz said:

Worst thing you've said?

I've said the same things over the same span of time.

GhostofGritz likes this

11 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I'm too much of a lady to repeat those things on a public forum - but let's just say - I don't care how macho you are -  you'd blush!

My favorite response so far...if for no other reason than that I know you and know what a fine person you are. :)

Tandy likes this

Once upon a time Meangelo Hall committed back to back personal fouls that changed the course of the game. These two fouls followed a PI call and the net result was 67 penalty yards in 3 snaps. The Panthers were down by 7 at the time. They tied the game on that drive and scored once more to win.

I yelled things no one in my family has ever heard before or since. To this day I hold a grudge. It is probably not as big a thing as I make it. I mean, after all, the HC walked out on the team later that season. That season was probably the low water mark of my entire Falcons fandom. It was the last year I lived in Atlanta before moving to Upstate NY. The next season started with a hopeless empty feeling. I was 1000 miles away from where I had lived my whole life. I was starting a new career after 21 years. Vick was embarrassing history. We had another new HC. We had just drafted a QB from BC that had interception tendencies. 

I walked into a bar wearing my Falcons jersey in downtown Albany, NY for week 1 of the 2008 season. I got a little heckling. I also got a few locals who were high on Ryan's chances...there are MANY Boston sports fans in the area. I got a little sympathy for the Vick/Petrino thing. Matt Ryan threw his first NFL pass...and suddenly the world didn't seem so dark.

Sometimes its darkest right before dawn.  Chin up Falcons fans!

Wasted 3 and a half hours watching this sheet, next Sunday I aint watching.

next Sunday watching and back on game day chat going Juuuuulio or HOOOOOP, SANUUUUUU, Riiiiidlllley or whoever when they pull a good play out of their azzes.

I'll say this used to have heartburn big time for years, it was finally gone till football season started, now its back with a vengeance. Sunday I switched that crap off and chewed on chitload of Tums. 

Tandy and GhostofGritz like this

I didn’t say ANYthing during the 51 meltdown, I basically went comatose.

And then a few weeks ago, after the Bengals game, I seriously just lost it. It was my first time at the Benz and the whole day had been SO much fun and I was so sure we were going to win it (not for any discernible reason really, but I was sure).

Losing it in the final seconds like that, having what felt like a win taken away ...... it was like everything I’d wanted to say after 51 came out at once. (This was the first game I’d attended in person since then.)

I literally walked out of the stadium YELLING “F*** this mother-f’ing team, all they ever do is break your f’ing heart, I’m never f’ing watching this f’ing BS again.” My poor mother who was with me, trying to quiet me down. I was a one woman spectacle. 

And then a week later I dutifully sat down for the Steelers game. And then last week after the Skins game, I decided we were going back to the Super Bowl.

A typical fan, right? :lol:

So I’ve learned over the years to not trust this team. At all. But in 2016, I admittedly fell for it. And they broke my **** heart. Even during the super bowl, bunch of friends told me at halftime after the Alford pick 6, “you got this.” I said nope, because I knew better. But after Coleman scored the TD to make the game 28-3, I said out loud “that’s game.” I fell for it. They fooled me....again. Never thought they would. But ******....I was so sure it was over 

Right after the horrible Super Bowl loss to the Patriots, I said to my wife I hate this team. I then said I hope they move this soft *** team to another city. I actually said that's it for me no more football, but here I am. Not sure if it was the worst, But the only G rated one I have.

Tandy and GhostofGritz like this