Take a breather and a dose of reality

HULK

52 minutes ago, Statick said:

Just like any NFL fans, I can understand people can get upset over a loss. I just wish out fan base can be upset about it in two days or less.

We have the innate ability to whine about any loss for weeks and years. Cry about it, sure, but what's done is done. Move on, people!

Last week it was "rah rah Super Bowl" this week its "FIRE EVERYONE"

I mean....at what point does someone stand in the wind, ya know? 

"Whats done is done" is absolutely my approach. I was super frustrated with Sunday's performance. Still am. For sure. But me griping and complaining is going to do exactly zero to change Sunday's performance or next Sunday's performance. I have no agency here. I consume the product and react accordingly. 

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Talk about damage control. You would've made a great sub for Dan Quinn at his presser. Would've just taken all the negative energy right out of the room. The whole thing would've lasted at most 45 seconds. :D

I dont think there are many NFL practices as useless as the coach's press conference, TBH. 

I'd be super Belichickian if I ever had to get behind the mic. 

3 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Last week it was "rah rah Super Bowl" this week its "FIRE EVERYONE"

I mean....at what point does someone stand in the wind, ya know? 

"Whats done is done" is absolutely my approach. I was super frustrated with Sunday's performance. Still am. For sure. But me griping and complaining is going to do exactly zero to change Sunday's performance or next Sunday's performance. I have no agency here. I consume the product and react accordingly. 

Larry for it's the repetitive nature and agendas some present that does my head in and I question if posters are fans or not.

How many times can a certain person be vilified?

Cmon Larry your a mod your supposed to stomp this out lol.

2 hours ago, E. T. said:

"Passion" is the key word brother.

Fair enough!

This is my own bias playing a role, most likely. I just can't fathom being so dissatisfied with the other aspects of my life so as to let a Falcons loss (of which I have lived through soooo many) send me into a tizzy for days and days. 

If I were a player? Absolutely. But as a fan? Nah. I'll see those guys on Sunday. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Larry for it's the repetitive nature and agendas some present that does my head in and I question if posters are fans or not.

How many times can a certain person be vilified?

Cmon Larry your a mod your supposed to stomp this out lol.

lol thats what some people tell me. In between threads they start bashing TD/DQ/Matt Ryan/Arthur Blank/anyone under the sun. 

But this is a sounding box for Falcons fans of all sorts....unfortunately that means in good times and bad. 

The funny thing is some Pats fans were saying it's time to move on from BB (the new breed are the McVays-young innovative) after that drubbing the Titans gave 'em Sunday. That's funny right there I don't care who you are. Being a fan includes the part of being critical of coaches, players, front office, etc...but to fire the coach, OC, DC or QB ever time a team loses a game or three can be comical. MB overreactions  - it's the easy way of taking out frustrations, venting and trying to make the whole world miserable. At the same time, fans are not always wrong...that's what makes the world go round. MHO is you don't fire a HC DC OC with all the injuries this team incurred this yr. Next yr should be the measuring stick as long as we stay fairly healthy. 

4 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

There's nothing lamer than one fan telling another fan how to react to their team. I tell people the same thing every time one of these "rah-rah" threads get started.

I'm a fan. I'm not a cheerleader. I'm not an employee of this team. I'm a FAN. I have every right in the world to be angry when I see lackadaisical play or apathetic players...that's what fans do.

If you want to be a "rah-rah" guy, knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me in the least...but save your platitudes and judgment about fellow Falcons fans.

Thank you brother!

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Fair enough!

This is my own bias playing a role, most likely. I just can't fathom being so dissatisfied with the other aspects of my life so as to let a Falcons loss (of which I have lived through soooo many) send me into a tizzy for days and days. 

If I were a player? Absolutely. But as a fan? Nah. I'll see those guys on Sunday. 

Agreed. We all handle situations with this team differently. Doesn't make anyone less of a fan. 

The message boards just so happens to be the place to catch the blunt of everything and that has to be the understanding with everyone. You being a MOD, I can only imagine everything you have to see and deal with... I see what happens now Larry.

19 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Browns fans = LMAO!! 

They are legit. I lived there back when the team and Modell went to Baltimore. They still wore orange every Sunday and the stadium was open for fans to come and watch reruns of games from previous years.

Not sure if you were joking, but Browns fans are serious about their team.

22 hours ago, HULK said:

I moved here from Chicago 25yrs ago... this has been my team ever since! I have been thru the bad and the good! Folks get on here and complain about a coach that has never had a losing season for us and 2 of the 3 years has given us a superbowl appearance and a bad play call from a 2nd superbowl appearance! Yall complain about Sark but he was the greatest thing since sliced bread a week ago! Im a true fan! A real fan! Not a spoiled brat wit a tantrum and a keyboard!! Yes I want wins, yes I want a championship but turning on MY guys is not an answer. I am upset. I am disappointed. But life goes on! Now if I ruffled any feathers on this.... OH WELL! I wont apologize! Either stand with us or get run over! Simple as that! Either you are a true fan and can deal with the ups AND the downs or dont! I love this team, I love my city! If you feel the same then we ARE BROTHERS. No room for the weak. FILA ALL DAY! If you dont know then you not really an ATLien! Rise da FUQ up!!!!!!

I'm good, but the comment about a Coach that has never had a losing season is a bit much. The only thing this is showing me is that it's time for Matt Ryan to get his due respect. We have Julio Jones, the fastest ever to 10,000 receiving yards. He has a reason to have success, but some of his decisions have cost him a lot. If he was playing chess instead of checkers, we would have the Lambordi.

16 hours ago, celtiksage said:

They are legit. I lived there back when the team and Modell went to Baltimore. They still wore orange every Sunday and the stadium was open for fans to come and watch reruns of games from previous years.

Not sure if you were joking, but Browns fans are serious about their team.

Im dead serious. I hug EVERY Browns fans I come across. 

#respect #dogpound #realfanhood 

23 hours ago, GhostofGritz said:

There's nothing lamer than one fan telling another fan how to react to their team. I tell people the same thing every time one of these "rah-rah" threads get started.

I'm a fan. I'm not a cheerleader. I'm not an employee of this team. I'm a FAN. I have every right in the world to be angry when I see lackadaisical play or apathetic players...that's what fans do.

If you want to be a "rah-rah" guy, knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me in the least...but save your platitudes and judgment about fellow Falcons fans.

Being angry over a team you cheer for is average....I guess that's what fans are fanatically accomplishing nothing....

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Im dead serious. I hug EVERY Browns fans I come across. 

#respect #dogpound #realfanhood 

Cool. Browns fans are serious die hards. They sucked back when I lived there too, but they were a hard out. And they all hated Bernie Kosar (sp?), but loved their Browns. The dog pound was for real.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:48 PM, RiseUpFalcs said:

I’m down to ride this thing all the way out. No quit in this fan. I’m with my fam!

This wat i mean!

On 11/12/2018 at 10:04 PM, falcons007 said:

What is a true fan? 

:munch:

Look above for the answer

On 11/13/2018 at 10:47 AM, E. T. said:

Falcon fans come in a wide variety of mentalities. Neither one is better than the other. To question peoples fandom is truly ridiculous.... We are all passionate in our own way for this same dysfunctional franchise! 

I didnt question anyone's fandom nor did i say you were not a fan if you stay in the irrational thoughts... i was simply sayin that i die hard with my birds! Good or bad win or lose. And I even said I criticize them as well but im here and aint going anywhere. 

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:28 PM, HULK said:

Now if I ruffled any feathers on this.... OH WELL! I wont apologize! Either stand with us or get run over! Simple as that! Either you are a true fan and can deal with the ups AND the downs or dont! I love this team, I love my city! If you feel the same then we ARE BROTHERS. No room for the weak.

16 minutes ago, HULK said:

I didnt question anyone's fandom nor did i say you were not a fan if you stay in the irrational thoughts... i was simply sayin that i die hard with my birds! Good or bad win or lose. And I even said I criticize them as well but im here and aint going anywhere. 

Yeah, you basically called out everyone on here who's not "a fan" just like you. But it's cool, it's totally ok brother. And I call you brother because we root for the same team...we all do no matter how you look at it.

I'm not here to argue or tell anybody what to do. But just a suggestion....and I do appreciate your energy and enthusiasm, but try to channel that into pumping up for the team instead of bashing any of your fellow fans. Falcons fans are what they are...there's nothing you can do to change that. The teams lack of success for so many years is touchy around here. We're all just patiently waiting for the day we can finally call ourselves CHAMPIONS!