therawest

Duke Riley cost us that game

69 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I'll give you another example. I really didn't see the point in us giving Rico an extension. I didn't like it at all. Nice guy, but before the season I honestly (and truthfully) felt that we would've fine if we let him walk and replaced him with Kazee. I understand the leadership aspect and the idea that he's the "qb of the defense", but from a talent standpoint Kazee is extremely more talented. Allen has always been just ok to me. So now what do we do next year with Allen? I say keep Kazee at FS. Try Allen at CB and get Trufant the f**k off of the field.

Rico extension made no sense to me as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Rico extension made no sense to me as well.

Yea... TDs extensions are starting to piss me off. Matthews Ryan Julio are fine but Rico before Grady? Trufant? Freeman? They are gonna bite us in the *** hard soon

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, etherdome said:

While a few defenders played abysmally, it amazes me how our OL gets over looked so often.

The OL is playing terribly.  Short yardage situations are a nightmare.  We run a ZBS but our OL plays with little precision.  It is amazing that they have not gotten their act together by now.  

Ryan schrader is the sole reason our oline is trash. Guy would whiff while blocking a stationary target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-11-12 at 8:21 PM, therawest said:

I was probably the one lone holdout that this guy could actually be good one day, but after seeing that, I’m done. He has no idea what he is doing out there. He missed both assignments that led to two rushing touchdowns.   On of them was a 90 yarder. 

Smh. 

 

CA5D42C1-375B-485F-871E-2D3F49819411.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, therawest said:

I was probably the one lone holdout that this guy could actually be good one day, but after seeing that, I’m done. He has no idea what he is doing out there. He missed both assignments that led to two rushing touchdowns.   On of them was a 90 yarder. 

Smh. 

You can get mad a Duke all you want on that play….but he was put in a position to fail and cannot be solely responsable for costing us the game.

 

The personell grouping and the formation were COMPLETELY WRONG on the big play. 

The Defensive Coordinator  left Duke Riley ALL ALONE IN THEMIDDLE OF THE FIELD WITH NO HELP WHATSOEVER! 

For some reason Foy and Neasman were crowding the line.....all 200lbs of them. 

Kazee was the only safety over the top with Alford and Tru locked Man to Man. The sheme was flawed from the beginning.

All this with Nickle personal I think too….Just a horrible horrible defensive grouping on the field with ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE OFSUCCESS against a competant NFL front!

As I said in the other thread Coaches and Coordinators deserve all the credit for that disaster!

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD EVER PLAY WITH ESSENTIALLY ONE LINEBACKER??????????

 

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Love how 1 guy on offense (Julio Jones or Matt Ryan) or how 1 guy on defense (Vic Beasley, Robert Alford, Desmond Trufant, or Duke Riley) is to blame for all of the Falcons losses. Don't understand this mindset that folks on here have about how football works.

Its really simple. We got caught in the classic Trap Game. They went to Cleveland thinking "Oh its just the Browns, we dont have to work, we will figure it out".   Great No Game Planning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Vandy said:

Rico extension made no sense to me as well.

We jumped the gun. I can appreciate their loyalty towards good players that have performed, but you extend the players that are special, not average. Prior to this season my thoughts were to have Rico play out his last year, let him walk, and draft another safety in the draft and either have Kazee or the draftee replace Rico. Easy right?  Now Rico tore his ACL in week 2 and Kazee is showing why he needs to be our starting FS even when Rico comes back. For every complaint about Free's contract being a waste (I disagree), I'm surprised not more people are criticizing the Rico extension. Free was a 2x pro bowler entering his 4th year in the league when we gave him his contract. His was warranted at the time. What has Rico done that deserved an extension, other than tell his team mates where to line up. Kazee is doing that right now for cheap and he leads the league in INTs. Rico's money could have went elsewhere, possibly towards keeping Teco or resigning Grady. That's going to always piss me off.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea... TDs extensions are starting to piss me off. Matthews Ryan Julio are fine but Rico before Grady? Trufant? Freeman? They are gonna bite us in the *** hard soon

Free was a 2x pro bowler by his third year. How are people forgetting this? It made sense and even still, these past few games showed that Teco isn't a true #1. Where was he in the Cleveland game? Did I miss him?  He can't run through tackles at all. He needs a gaping hole to be effective. Free, when healthy, could make something out of nothing. Some of ya'll must have forgotten. In a perfect world we could keep both, but one had to get paid and Free deserved it at the time.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:58 AM, I Even Bleed Red said:

46134370_2167231469977527_412927875348430848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=2473c750b78bd377724a13f7a23d27e9&oe=5C745759

Just to play devil's advocate. That's Duke^

:ninja::lol:

Lol....is this snapshot real? OMG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 6:05 AM, Vandy said:

Rico extension made no sense to me as well.

Rico and Freeman's contract extensions weren't the best decisions, and it may have been poor decisions now since they haven't been healthy, but they EARNED it. Trufant did not deserve that much money coming off a season ending injury when he was never playing at a high level before he regressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

Rico and Freeman's contract extensions weren't the best decisions, and it may have been poor decisions now since they haven't been healthy, but they EARNED it. Trufant did not deserve that much money coming off a season ending injury when he was never playing at a high level before he regressed. 

Trufant made Pro Bowl year before his extension. 

Not sure what’s going on with Tru, he’s gone from one of Top corners in nfl to meh under Manuel. 

See also Vic Beasley. Two of our core defensive players who have regressed in the prime of their careers? Makes little sense. 

A lot of injuries on this defense, but I’m really starting to wonder about our coaching on defensive side of ball. 

mqg96 and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Trufant made Pro Bowl year before his extension. 

Not sure what’s going on with Tru, he’s gone from one of Top corners in nfl to meh under Manuel. 

See also Vic Beasley. Two of our core defensive players who have regressed in the prime of their careers? Makes little sense. 

A lot of injuries on this defense, but I’m really starting to wonder about our coaching on defensive side of ball. 

Vandy, you know what just finally came to my mind after you mention this. What if A LOT of players are underperforming and underachieving this year? Is there a team dysfunction going on in the locker room especially the defensive side of the ball? Were they too caught up in themselves in the off season thinking they were the best unit coming in? I'm seeing career lows from multiple players on the defensive side who we know have played better on this roster in the past. It could be a huge coaching issue. I don't want to hear anything about "brotherhood" anymore because it's NOTHING like it was 2 years ago. Heck, even Julio Jones holding out for that little time was a bad sign for the locker room as well. Hate to go that far but I just did. 

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mqg96 said:

Vandy, you know what just finally came to my mind after you mention this. What if A LOT of players are underperforming and underachieving this year? Is there a team dysfunction going on in the locker room especially the defensive side of the ball? Were they too caught up in themselves in the off season thinking they were the best unit coming in? I'm seeing career lows from multiple players on the defensive side who we know have played better on this roster in the past. It could be a huge coaching issue. I don't want to hear anything about "brotherhood" anymore because it's NOTHING like it was 2 years ago. Heck, even Julio Jones holding out for that little time was a bad sign for the locker room as well. Hate to go that far but I just did. 

Julio was just business.

But something’s going on when you have two of our most talented players just completely disappear from games. If Mike Smith were still our coach he would be getting crucified on Beasley especially. 

Plus coaches kept trotting duke and Richards out there which cost us at least a couple games. We saw how bad they were, but it took 5-6 games for Quinn/Manuel to see it? 

SMH. 

mqg96, therawest and falcons007 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is other teams know when he is on the field and they attack him and they usually win. On both those plays where the running back scored they set Duke up and he was totally unaware. That’s a 10 to 24 point swing. It changed the whole game. He hasn’t improved at the rate we need him to and at this point his special characteristics haven’t through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2018 at 3:58 AM, I Even Bleed Red said:

46134370_2167231469977527_412927875348430848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=2473c750b78bd377724a13f7a23d27e9&oe=5C745759

Just to play devil's advocate. That's Duke^

:ninja::lol:

You can look at the last 5 games and see Duke do the same exact thing.

Every team runs that same play and route against us when Duke is in because for some reason our coaches either haven't shown him the tape or he hasn't learned from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

You can look at the last 5 games and see Duke do the same exact thing.

Every team runs that same play and route against us when Duke is in because for some reason our coaches either haven't shown him the tape or he hasn't learned from it.

Well, Jones not back on D, expect more of the same. Tough game for us to win with him out and Kamara on the other side 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now