The Falcon Jedi Knight

You let a dude run 92 yards for a Touchdown ...

74 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, osiruz said:

Trufant need to be cut or traded, he is not a football player.

Hopefully this is his last year. His contract should be traded if nothing else.. (sorry i know this is not the NBA) :lol:

There was a series of things that went wrong here.  It was just ugly.

First of all, the defensive play call was awful, especially considering the personnel the Falcons had on the field.  Cleveland ran an unbalanced line with double TEs to the left and the WR in tight and Atlanta was manned up on them, except Alford, who stayed off the line of scrimmage just hanging out.   That mean the play started with Neasman and Oluokon up on the line of scrimmage on the opposite side of the field from where the play was going.

Because Alford was way off the line of scrimmage, the Browns were able to go hat on hat across the line of scrimmage and the Center was still able to release out and block Riley. And he dominated him  unfortunately.

The next line of defense was Kazee, and he's been great at times this year, but he really messed up this play.  He took too aggressive of an angle and should have never left his feet.  If he had taken a less aggressive angle and stayed on his feet he could have slowed Chubb down long enough for the few guys who were hustling like Jarrett and Oluokun to tackle him for maybe a 20 yard gain.   But he dove, and that was that.

The one guy who had a chance after that to slow Chubb down was Trufant.  He decided to just sit the play out.  Seriously, the guy didn't even participate enough in the play for the blocker to even try and block him.  Think about this.  When Chubb was at his own 45, Turfant was on the 46 and turned to run with him, and maybe 4 feet to his right. Then Chubb crossed the field and finished his run on the opposite hash mark but Trufant was still jogging down the field outside the numbers. One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

How long can the team pretend this isn't happening?

So.....in review.....bad...just bad. Everything was bad.  Play call.  Execution.  Effort.

Trufant was the worst though.

55 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

Hopefully this is his last year. His contract should be traded if nothing else.. (sorry i know this is not the NBA) :lol:

Nobody is going to want this guy.  The Falcons should just make him a June 1st cut.  Time to cut the dead weight and reset the roster.

3 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I just dont understand how a RB can out-run 11 defensive guys for 92 yards. Chubb could have kept going to 92 miles. Is he really that fast?

Oloukun nearly chased him down.  The problem is Trufant, probably the fastest guy on the defense when he wants to play, didn't want to play.  Alford gave up on the play early too.  Might have to top defending his effort. Kazee obviously missed a diving tackle.

That's pretty much everyone that could have chased him down.

17 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

That is By Far the Worst Defense Play of the Year Award right there

I don't know about any national Worst Defense Play of the Year Award, but I do know it made the Big Board here in my office as the Chernobyl Defense Meltdown Play of the Week. I certainly also plan on putting it in the running for my final Meltdown Play of the Season Award. :huh::angry:

10 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I don't know about any national Worst Defense Play of the Year Award, but I do know it made the Big Board here in my office as the Chernobyl Defense Meltdown Play of the Week. I certainly also plan on putting it in the running for my final Meltdown Play of the Season Award. :huh::angry:

:lol:

PokerSteve likes this

Trufant sucks. Not only as a CB but just as an overall player in general. He just acts like he doesnt even care any more. He has to Go away somewhere else far away. Hopefully he will go to the Saints, so we can torch him there

Someone needs to light a fire under these guys!

so pathetic.

Is there a video of DQ and his reaction to the run while it’s actually happening?!?!

23 hours ago, mqg96 said:

You let a dude who was your best friend of all time for 4 years become your biggest arch nemesis in one game. 

My former high school (Cartersville) played against his (Cedartown) which is only about 30 min from each other. Trust me when he went to Ga he was like a hometown hero. Now he's a hometown enemy.

mqg96 likes this

I’ve been pretty lenient on Tru, although he’s soured on me a lot this year...but he’s done in my eyes after that play. It looked like a flag football no-contact game...I’ve never seen someone blocked by a face guard in my life. Just sickening.

I thought 3 guys having Mayfield 7 yards behind the LOS and him getting away and gaining 7 yards was much worse.

Lots of yuck to go around yesterday.

For whats on the line, very disappointing............and I'll be there next week watching.

P. T. Barnum called me yesterday.  I just picked up the phone and said I know and hung up.

Go Falcons

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

To a Man that is just Embarassing. He set a Browns record with that Run

How many times have you seen Falcons mentioned with allowing another team to set a new record? Or we set really bad records for our franchise. To have such a good team for the last decade, we still managed to allow some pretty bad records be set. 

7 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

How many times have you seen Falcons mentioned with allowing another team to set a new record? Or we set really bad records for our franchise. To have such a good team for the last decade, we still managed to allow some pretty bad records be set. 

way too many times

With all the junk that's happened this season, I expected Duke, Poole, Kazee, Olo or any number of guys to get picked on and cost us games. That would've felt bad but, you could at least understand it. To my surprise it didn't happen to the magnitude I thought it would. Instead we get our Vets giving up 1st downs and big plays at key times and now giving up on plays in the middle of the game.

One thing I don't associate with Quinn players is "Quit". I can guarantee Tru just put himself under the coaching staff/ownership magnifying glass with this one play though, I'm sure he was already there.

6 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

With all the junk that's happened this season, I expected Duke, Poole, Kazee, Olo or any number of guys to get picked on and cost us games. That would've felt bad but, you could at least understand it. To my surprise it didn't happen to the magnitude I thought it would. Instead we get our Vets giving up 1st downs and big plays at key times and now giving up on plays in the middle of the game.

One thing I don't associate with Quinn players is "Quit". I can guarantee Tru just put himself under the coaching staff/ownership magnifying glass with this one play though, I'm sure he was already there.

On Defense we have what we have. Kazee is the gem. The rest are not  very good. They need better coaching