Detroit_Falcon

Trufant

65 posts in this topic

Please Please just bench this dude and give Oliver reps. He will at least give some effort out there. I was at the game yesterday and Tru could not cover any route thrown to the flat or any slants. He just seems uninterested in competing out there. Alford at least tries and competes week to week, that first Mayfield TD throw should have been an INT. Alford had time to react and couldn't make the play. If we didn't have Kazee our INT numbers would be horrible. 

It is amazing, every year I hear so many people on this MB saying "  pay the man, pay the man" True has been going down hill for the past 3 years not including being injured. I would have trading him in the blink of an eye when he had value. Now we couldn't get much at all for him---too many homies.

Tru is done in my opinion. He can’t even cover a simple slant. He got picked on all day Sunday. Our top paid CB getting picked on by a rookie QB. Shouldn’t happen.

not only that but **** the guy probably leads the league in dropped game changing interceptions. He had 2 in his breadbasket against the Skins and flat dropped them both.

19 hours ago, Detroit_Falcon said:

Please Please just bench this dude and give Oliver reps. He will at least give some effort out there. I was at the game yesterday and Tru could not cover any route thrown to the flat or any slants. He just seems uninterested in competing out there. Alford at least tries and competes week to week, that first Mayfield TD throw should have been an INT. Alford had time to react and couldn't make the play. If we didn't have Kazee our INT numbers would be horrible. 

Alford is not better than Trufant now. That is something that may be promoted by some characters over at the radio station.

There will be 2 new starters at CB next season. If anything to save the $ it will take to find a OG in Fre Agency.

Dan's defense was bad during the Super Bowl run. This franchise never has a truly dominate Defensive front 7 (98 defense was better than 2016) or O-Line. There is the problem.

Edited by Rise

1 minute ago, Rise said:

Alford's not better than Turfant now. That is something that may be promoted by some characters over at the radio station 92.9.

There will be 2 new starters at CB next season. If anything to save the $ it will take to find a OG in Fre Agency.

Dan's defense was bad during the Super Bowl run. This franchise never has a truly dominate Defensive front 7 (98 defense was better than 2016) or O-Line. There is the problem.

Neither is playing well but Alford is still trying.  We've seen Trufant actively avoid attempting a tackle two weeks in a row, and this week it assisted a 92 yard TD. I don't how long the organization can ignore what is going on.

KCFalcon22 and Flying Falcon like this

36 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Giving Trufant that money right after a season-ending injury was a mistake. At the time it was a questionable decision, but now we can clearly identify it as a mistake.

Was just about to say this exact thing.

47 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Neither is playing well but Alford is still trying.  We've seen Trufant actively avoid attempting a tackle two weeks in a row, and this week it assisted a 92 yard TD. I don't how long the organization can ignore what is going on.

^^This.  I looked at the replay and said, did he really just sit there to turn the guy back inside.  Once a runner hits the secondary level there is no turning them back inside for help.

21 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

^^This.  I looked at the replay and said, did he really just sit there to turn the guy back inside.  Once a runner hits the secondary level there is no turning them back inside for help.

What he did on that run was a fricking business decision. As in he wasn’t going to try to tackle Chubb with a full head of steam. Then Tru gets the balls to get testy with the media postgame. 

Edited by RiseUpFalcs

26 minutes ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

What he did on that run was a fricking business decision. As in he wasn’t going to try to tackle Chubb with a full head of steam. Then Tru gets the balls to get testy with the media postgame

Did he?  I didn't know that.  Did a reporter have the balls to point out that he isn't trying lol.

Yeah I really don't get it.  Trufant was always at least good at coverage.  But now he's mediocre even at that.  And then not even trying to make a play on that 92 yard TD was just terrible.  He didn't even need to make the tackle -- he just needed to slow Chubb down so the other guys could catch up.  But he didn't even get touched by the guy who was going to try to block him.