Peyton

This is a Pivotal Moment in Dan Quinn's HC Coaching Career

217 posts in this topic

it's hard for me to be critical of Dan Quinn because I like him so much, but it's time to get up in some guys a**es and hold some people accountable. Some say the Browns were taken lightly, but the truth is the Falcons put on a clown show yesterday that gave them no chance to beat any team in the NFL.

Trufant is no longer competent, he's lazy, and he lacks situational awareness.  After yesterday, I think Quinn has to recognize that, and it's time to start executing an exit plan from this guy.  I am sure PFF had him at 85.0 yesterday though.

Alford is not much better but at least the effort is there.  This team might need to go corner in the 1st in 2019.

Matt Ryan played OK, but he missed some check downs that should have thrown quicker. I think Ryan panicked a little in this one.

Schweitzer was a mad dog last week but lackadasically whiffed a block on Collins that resulted in Coleman getting blown up for an 8 yard loss. 

On the next play Sanu made an even worse play stretching to make it 3rd and 15 instead of 3rd and 16 and losing the ball.  Situational awareness.  Dumb play. 

The Falcons all world Center killed a drive trying to snap the ball to the moon.

Takk Mckinley missing clean shots in the offensive backfield. 

Julio and Calvin running the exact same route on one play.  They almost tripped each other.  Miraculously Ryan still found Sanu on that play. 

Ryan and Ridley failing to execute a simple pitch.

Duke Riley (who made a great hit on an earlier play) completely blowing his area of responsibility and giving up an easy TD on 3rd down.

And the 92 yard run...too much fail to even cover it all.  But Trufant.....geez man....coward.

Despite the many dimensions of fail the Falcons exhibited, they could have been right back in the game if they just ran the QB sneak from the 6 inch line.  What was that? Sarkisian panicked.  Too cute.

Hooper  and Julio balled. Kazee kept them in the game for a minute. That is the extent of the good.

I still believe  in coach Quinn, but this is a pivotal moment in.his career.  That effort cannot stand if the trajectory of this franchise is to continue upward.  How will DQ respond?

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Not challenging the Hooper TD was interesting as well. At the very least you stop the clock. 

Honestly I thought this Tevin Coleman run the got down to the 6-inch line was a touchdown too on the previous drive. I'm going to go back and take another look at it today.

1 minute ago, Falcanuck said:

Not challenging the Hooper TD was interesting as well. At the very least you stop the clock. 

Archer tried defending that today on the radio and said Quinn was right not to challenge because we needed to save our timeouts.

Um hello... if we win the challenge we don't lose a timeout, and that was an obvious TD

PokerSteve and MisterC like this

Quinn has some good games. Then he has some very ugly poor pathetic collapses. I have been sad to be a Falcons fan many times in the past years. Now I am starting to be very embarrassed to be a Falcons fan.

Heck they don't have to win them all. Just look like the care even when the loose. Not go out and look like they could care less!!!

I see so much of what we saw in preseason now in the real games. I know preseason is different but it still looks like the same who cares attitude. 

rogueleadersf, PokerSteve and mqg96 like this

Sometimes too much RAH-RAH and not enough keeping it real from DQ. I think that "we're good like we are" (No you weren't) attitude for so long hurt us. You have to give DQ and TD a pass due to his great record and all the injuries but you have to wonder after watching Pete Carroll do that dumb stuff in the SB and you sit back and let Shanny blow our chance at winning the SB then you come back and say "embrace the suck" and you and TD sit on your butts and the SB is in the ATL and you applaud underperforming players it do make us suspect. 

18 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Trufant is no longer competent, he's lazy, and he lacks situational awareness.  After yesterday, I think Quinn has to recognize that, and it's time to start executing an exit plan from this guy.  I am sure PFF had him at 85.0 yesterday though.

Alford is not much better but at least the effort is there.  This team might need to go corner in the 1st in 2019.

For the 2018 season thus far, PFF has Trufant with a 62.5 rating (#60 ranked CB) AND Alford at 49.9 rating (#102 ranked CB).

Quinn and the Falcons better do something soon. Season will be definitively over with a loss next Sunday. I don’t think this team has a SB run in them anymore, but I still don’t want to lose. At the very least, beat the **** saints. 

Halcon-1 likes this

3 minutes ago, theProf said:

For the 2018 season thus far, PFF has Trufant with a 62.5 rating (#60 ranked CB) AND Alford at 49.9 rating (#102 ranked CB).

Completely unacceptable. This is why I don't give the defense a pass due to the injuries. We have vets out there that are flat out stinking up the joint. 

19 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Archer tried defending that today on the radio and said Quinn was right not to challenge because we needed to save our timeouts.

Um hello... if we win the challenge we don't lose a timeout, and that was an obvious TD

I've seen reviews that seemed obvious to me not go the way I thought it would. Sucked to lose the seconds, but either way we needed way more than that to make that game a W. We flat out sucked in so many facets.

I turned it off at halftime and watched updates online from my phone while I did something productive with my life: laundry, pulled out the Christmas tree, filed some banking statements, you know stuff we all LOVE doing on a Sunday instead of watching our team play.

33 minutes ago, Peyton said:

it's hard for me to be critical of Dan Quinn because I like him so much, but it's time to get up and some guys a**es and hold some people accountable. Some say the Browns were taken lightly, but the truth is the Falcons put on a clown show yesterday that gave them no chance to beat any team in the NFL.

Matt Ryan played OK, but he missed some check downs that should have thrown quicker. I think Ryan panicked a little in this one.

Schweitzer was a mad dog last week but lackadasically whiffed a block on Collins that resulted in Coleman getting blown up for an 8 yard loss. 

On the next play Sanu made an even worse play stretching to make it 3rd and 15 instead of 3rd and 16 and losing the ball.  Situational awareness.  Dumb play. 

The Falcons all world Center killed a drive trying to snap the ball to the moon.

Julio and Calvin running the exact same route on one play.  They almost tripped each other.  Miraculously Ryan still found Sanu on that play. 

Duke Riley (who made a great hit on an earlier play) completely blowing his area of responsibility and giving up an easy TD on 3rd down.

And the 92 yard run...too much fail to even cover it all.  But Trufant.....geez man....coward.

Despite the many dimensions of fail the Falcons exhibited, they could have been right back in the game if they just ran the QB sneak from the 6 inch line.  What was that? Sarkisian panicked.  Too cute.

Hooper  and Julio balled. Kazee kept them in the game for a minute. That is the extent of the good.

I still believe  in coach Quinn, but this is a pivotal moment in.his career.  That effort cannot stand if the trajectory of this franchise is to continue upward.  How will DQ respond?

Good Post Amigo and I am completely in Agreement.  I still think there is a fundamental Flaw in Quinn's D as you need stud athletes to run it successfully but alas we have no Plan B.  It seems this team never has a Plan B and that falls on coaching 100%

Edited by lostnmexico

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

He came up with EMBRACE THE SUCK.

Little did I know, he literally meant it.

To this day, I have no idea what Quinn meant by this catch phrase. Maybe when he gets **** canned he'll reveal his Saints tshirt and tell us he was trolling us all along.

Mr.Blank, mattyicefalcon and rounz like this

27 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Even if the challenge is lost, you stop the clock and draw up and play that hopefully scores for you before 4th down.

I’m not going to beat up DQ but for the team to flat out under perform the way they did yesterday was a pathetic showing. It wasn’t week 17 with nothing to gain or lose (still bad but not as bad), it’s week 10 and to have much hope at playoffs, they needed to win. The defense CLEARLY is missing its on-field leadership. 

These cornerbacks though, got dang, I wouldn’t mind seeing them both replaced the day after our season ends. 

39 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I won't lie, when that happened, I thought Mack was doing this because he is an ex-brown and still loves them/city

tonatl07 likes this

29 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

It getting changed isn't a given, and we don't know if they were able to get a feed that showed whether they should or not.

11 minutes ago, shc said:

It getting changed isn't a given, and we don't know if they were able to get a feed that showed whether they should or not.

Everyone else had a feed that showed it, and this was a TD to get you back into a game you were losing late by a lot of points.

..and we have a history of bad choices on replays and on timeout usage anyway.

There's no defending not making that challenge.

When you remove the best players....the others are exposed. The corners werent as good as it seemed last year and arent as bad as they seem this year. Too much knee jerk reactions. This defense is going to struggle.  Playing the blame game does nothing. The only solution is getting guys healthy. That just isnt happening this season.

Cut this guy, cut that guy,  fire that guy......all unproductive. 

59 minutes ago, Peyton said:

it's hard for me to be critical of Dan Quinn because I like him so much, but it's time to get up and some guys a**es and hold some people accountable. Some say the Browns were taken lightly, but the truth is the Falcons put on a clown show yesterday that gave them no chance to beat any team in the NFL.

I don't trust Quinn enough. He's living off of his players talents. You have to manage better than he does. Also, the 12 Gauge Formation would have worked from the 1.