Truth hurts

achin2be

This team is soft.  Smith, who I liked a lot and really turned this franchise around was soft.  Quinn is soft and wants to be just like Pete Carroll.  We need someone who is going to come in a hold players accountable, make them uncomfortable and not care what they think.  Someone like Belichick or Bill Cower.  You don't want to work hard, be accountable and win, we will trade you.  NE will trade a first round pick that is playing well because they don't fit the scheme in a heart beat.  They will go and get a project and turn them into a superstar. 

If Vick or Trufant played for NE, they both would have been benched or traded many games ago and we would have not lost a step.  Belichick would never had hired Sark and if he did he would have fired him after six games.  With the talent we have on both sides of the ball actually, these last two years are a shame.

4 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

This team is soft.  Smith, who I liked a lot and really turned this franchise around was soft.  Quinn is soft and wants to be just like Pete Carroll.  We need someone who is going to come in a hold players accountable, make them uncomfortable and not care what they think.  Someone like Belichick or Bill Cower.  You don't want to work hard, be accountable and win, we will trade you.  NE will trade a first round pick that is playing well because they don't fit the scheme in a heart beat.  They will go and get a project and turn them into a superstar. 

Agree with your assessment on the DairyQuinn Ice Cream level of softness for this team.  Disagree on the last statement….Jordan Richards didn't work out so well……..and who's the sucker that surrendered a draft pick for THAT dude?

Edited by lostnmexico

2 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

Agree with your assessment on the DairyQuinn Ice Cream level of softness for this team.  Disagree on the last statement….Jordan Richards didn't work out so well……..and who's the sucker that surrendered a draft pick for THAT dude?

Not saying mistakes aren't made.  Sometimes things look like they will work.  But, there is a pattern with every team and coach after about a year.  Definitely after year two.  Make a bad move now and then, okay it happens.  What are the Falcon's record on moves?  We just out browned the Brown's.

12 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

There's no coaches like that anymore and the ones that are won't be successful. I can oy think of 1 current successful coach like that and it's BB maybe Reid.

Just now, Malachore said:

There's no coaches like that anymore and the ones that are won't be successful. I can oy think of 1 current successful coach like that and it's BB maybe Reid.

I dunno.  Belichick does pretty well.  Reed does well.  Cower only quit because his wife died.  Couglin was a tough coach run out of NY after two super bowl wins.  I agree there aren't many, but I think the right coach could make it work.

Just now, schwarzenegger321 said:

I dunno.  Belichick does pretty well.  Reed does well.  Cower only quit because his wife died.  Couglin was a tough coach run out of NY after two super bowl wins.  I agree there aren't many, but I think the right coach could make it work.

Right so 2 in the entire league and they aren't going anywhere. I just don't think a coach like that works in today's NFL.

4 minutes ago, GhostofGritz said:

This is it in a nutshell. The Falcons are soft, from the front office down...just a soft, soft team.

I don’t think the current version of Matt Ryan is soft at all.  The players arent soft...the ZBS is more technique than physicality so we are a finesse team on offense.  But it doesn’t mean players are soft (except Trufant).  And I suspect behind closed doors Dan Quinn & Co are not so pleasant when players **** the bed.  

1 minute ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I don’t think the current version of Matt Ryan is soft at all.  The players arent soft...the ZBS is more technique than physicality so we are a finesse team on offense.  But it doesn’t mean players are soft (except Trufant).  And I suspect behind closed doors Dan Quinn & Co are not so pleasant when players **** the bed.  

Matt Ryan is a man.  Julio is a man.  So is Sanu, and Jake and I'll even put Hooper there.  If Ryan started his career someplace like Green Bay or NE or even with the Eagles when Reed was there.  My goodness, he would have four rings by now.  The Atlanta Falcons will be defined by their inadequacies of coaching and ownership.  They have had some really good to great players.  I could see at least three hall of famers coming from this current team (Ryan, JJ and I could see Debo there if he stays healthy).  Instead, we are meh.  Could you imagine what would happen if someone like Andy Reed had Ryan and JJ on their team now, or the past three to seven years.

28 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Not saying mistakes aren't made.  Sometimes things look like they will work.  But, there is a pattern with every team and coach after about a year.  Definitely after year two.  Make a bad move now and then, okay it happens.  What are the Falcon's record on moves?  We just out browned the Brown's.

Ha!  We just Outbrowned the Browns!

Well Said Amigo!

And we can't take the Browns to the Superbowl sitting in a Port A Pottie!

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

You suspect?

Harley Quinn has more balls than Dairey Quinn (Soft as Ice Cream!) and she is already a cartoon!

The proof is in the pudding amigo...…….and how can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Edited by lostnmexico

1 minute ago, lostnmexico said:

Ha!  We just Outbrowned the Browns!

Well Said Amigo!

And we can't take the Browns to the Superbowl sitting in a Port A Pottie!

Man, I'm sick of this.  I have always been 100% diehard, homer.  But this last game.  This was worse than the 28 - 3 fiasco.  At least in the Super Bowl we tried.  It looked like we woke up from an all night bender and just showed up to the game to play.  We lost to the #32 defense, with a rookie QB, who's head coach was just fired, and OC was fired, with bad WR's and no NFL caliber left tackle.

And we got trounced.

2 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Man, I'm sick of this.  I have always been 100% diehard, homer.  But this last game.  This was worse than the 28 - 3 fiasco.  At least in the Super Bowl we tried.  It looked like we woke up from an all night bender and just showed up to the game to play.  We lost to the #32 defense, with a rookie QB, who's head coach was just fired, and OC was fired, with bad WR's and no NFL caliber left tackle.

And we got trounced.

AGREED! And Heads need to Roll over this one!

15 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Well it’s not working no matter the approach. It’s not working. 

5 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

And we got trounced.

This deserves to be quoted. It was that bad. 

59 minutes ago, ****boxMcGee said:

I have been trying to tell this to me brother-in-law, a die hard Falcons fan... Ryan is fantastic, as is Ridley, Julio, Sanu, etc....  they are a really talented group who, even in a bad year, I don't look forward to playing. But, it is a team game. A Ferrari missing 2 pistons is still an awesome car, but it's not going to run very well, which is how I see the Falcons.

I'm a die hard Saints fan, but can respect good play from any team, even y'all. I can certainly understand the injury bug - we've had our fair share of talented teams who went through injury struggles for a while. If you don't have the depth to stay competitive if a few key players are out, then your first team is great, but the team as a whole is not as good as it could be, since the team includes your 2nd and 3rd stringers. And of course, all the talent in the world doesn't matter if you put them in bad situations which prevents proper execution, and that falls on the coaches, who are also a key component of the team. The Saints have a fantastic O-line which helps our offense shine - they allow us to make plays we couldn't otherwise make if Drew only had .3 seconds to release the ball, so the management part of our team has done their job. Sean has a talent for utilize guys cast off from other teams and calling a game in accordance with each players' strengths, so our coaches know how to put our talent to its best use.

I'd say once  your management realizes that they aren't protecting your best player (Ryan) and focus as much as possible on giving him protection, that will cause a major upturn in your game and return you back to being a truly feared team in the NFC. Until then, the formula to beat y'all isn't that complicated for any team with complementary players.

You are 100% dead on here - and as much as I hate that the Saints know where to build the team - it's the truth.    Teams are built on the lines first.

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

You are 100% dead on here - and as much as I hate that the Saints know where to build the team - it's the truth.    Teams are built on the lines first.

When will this organization learn??!!

I thought superbowl 51 meltdown would fix our trenches in perpetuity.

Smh!!! 

I guess we will always be a finesse dome team who will conitnue to get embarassed by rookie QB and may be once in while they will win big to keep fans like us engaged.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

When will this organization learn??!!

I thought superbowl 51 meltdown would fix our trenches in perpetuity.

Smh!!! 

I guess we will always be a finesse dome team who will conitnue to get embarassed by rookie QB and may be once in while they will win big to keep fans like us engaged.

When they traded Jimmy Graham for Max Unger - I just shook my head and said ****-it!

3 hours ago, ****boxMcGee said:

All that said, I guess I have to do the customary Who Dat!  

I see the Falcons as a good team which is capable of becoming great again given the right management and coaching decisions.

I see the Falcons as a good team which is capable of becoming great again given the right management and coaching replacements.

4 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Truth is a lot of y'all are soft and whine like bi-polar little girls......