Message for Sark = How to beat Cover 2

26 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I think ol' Matty Ice might need to study that link.  I saw Ridley open downfield several times but Matt had already given up on the play and dumped it to Coleman or Hooper.  There were also a couple plays where receivers ran the wrong routes.  One with Ridley and Julio both doing the same thing springs to mind.

Ridley ran the wrong route last week which resulted in an interception.  If the QB doesn’t have full trust, you won’t be his primary read.  It’s a fact.  So I don’t care if Ridley is open...memorize your playbook CR.  Ryan will get you more touches if you do

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Ridley ran the wrong route last week which resulted in an interception.  If the QB doesn’t have full trust, you won’t be his primary read.  It’s a fact.  So I don’t care if Ridley is open...memorize your playbook CR.  Ryan will get you more touches if you do

Yes he ran the wrong route but we’ve also witnessed Matt and Julio not in sink on routes.  @DogIsYourName I saw some of the same as you with Ridley open.  On one particular play he was open in the endzone but the play was away from his side 

8 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

This is non-sense.  NFL QB's don't drop back and look for the open guy.  Depending on the team and defense they have prepared for, the same receiver, running the same play might not be the #1 or #2, etc. receiver.  That is predicated by the offensive plan for that game against that defense.  Sark called the wrong plays for down and distance the entire game and the plays he called were woefully designed to beat the Brown's.  It's like he didn't even plan for the game.

You don't just have a playbook and run a play from the book.  Each play has different concepts against different defenses that will be run depending on the situation.  They change from week to week depending on the defense.

We were not prepared to face the Browns and when it became evident around the second offensive possession, we did nothing to adjust appropriately.

1 minute ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Julio pretty much called out Sark. That’s a huge red flag for me, that dude never talks 

Yup, and yup again.  There are about a dozen ways to kill a cover two and we didn't do a single one.  With the passing attack we have this loss absolutely cements in my mind how incompetent Sark is.  Even our wins had some serious flaws but the number 32 defense in the NFL just kept us to 16 points and 7 of those came on a short field due to the interception.

There is really no excuse.  We should be scoring 35 points a game regardless of what our defense does.  This is just plain sad.

15 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

This is non-sense.  NFL QB's don't drop back and look for the open guy.  Depending on the team and defense they have prepared for, the same receiver, running the same play might not be the #1 or #2, etc. receiver.  That is predicated by the offensive plan for that game against that defense.  Sark called the wrong plays for down and distance the entire game and the plays he called were woefully designed to beat the Brown's.  It's like he didn't even plan for the game.

You don't just have a playbook and run a play from the book.  Each play has different concepts against different defenses that will be run depending on the situation.  They change from week to week depending on the defense.

We were not prepared to face the Browns and when it became evident around the second offensive possession, we did nothing to adjust appropriately.

And if the QB isn’t confident the receiver will make the proper read, you won’t always be the 1st read.  These decisions are made in under a second.  It’s not nonsense.  It’s a fact

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

And if the QB isn’t confident the receiver will make the proper read, you won’t always be the 1st read.  These decisions are made in under a second.  It’s not nonsense.  It’s a fact

Exactly.  You just proved the point.  It's a fact that the offense was not prepared and the receivers were not in the proper position to make catches.  Ryan hits his mark and if his first or second read aren't there, usually in less than a second.  He is screwed.  Ryan has always been in a system that says throw it away or check it down if #1 or #2 aren't there. 

3 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Best play for cover 2. Shotgun normal y flex. PA deep outs Julio deep out on the left, ridley post from the slot PA to Teco hoop 5 step slant sanu deep out to the right.. Madden approved 

Edited by Dirtybird3

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Julio pretty much called out Sark. That’s a huge red flag for me, that dude never talks 

He explicitly mentioned about "cover 2" look we got ALL DAY and thats where I got livid thinking WTF??!! SARK & DAN QUINN are doing? Or did during the game???

ANY OTHER team in NFL including Raiders (yes) would have exploited COVER 2 and BEAT THEM all day on short passes in middle and on sides.

From very FIRST DRIVE it was evident the team was complacent and came in to the game as cocky ******!! 

14 minutes ago, droopy1592 said:

Wait what?

Vaughn McClure ESPN Staff Writer 

Julio Jones: ``We've got to do a better job offensively. [The Browns] played a lot of two-high the whole game. We just got to find ways to go out there and attack Cover 2. If we don't, we're going to get it for the remainder of the season.''