SkerFalcon8710

This is gonna hurt some feelings 2.0

71 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, IA Falcon07 said:

Who are these elite 330+ pound DTs that you think grow on trees? 

Who said they need to be Elite? We are the lightest/weakest team on both OL and DL and this has been an issue for this entire franchise for over a decade.

We've seen the same issues OVER and OVER and OVER again with the DL and to a lesser extent the OL.

We need to adjust philosophies and at least add some more size to both lines so we don't get pushed around so much.

It would probably only take 2 on DL and 2 on OL to change the entire light finesse crap for both our Lines so we could be more competitive in that area.

4 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Who said they need to be Elite? We are the lightest/weakest team on both OL and DL and this has been an issue for this entire franchise for over a decade.

We've seen the same issues OVER and OVER and OVER again with the DL and to a lesser extent the OL.

We need to adjust philosophies and at least add some more size to both lines so we don't get pushed around so much.

It would probably only take 2 on DL and 2 on OL to change the entire light finesse crap for both our Lines so we could be more competitive in that area.

The point was you don’t need to be 330+ to be effective. Senat looks like he can be stout while Grady fills the penetrating role. DT depth is definitely needed, I agree there. I’d say the bulk / play making ability is more needed at DE right now, hard for any DT to take on and hold doubles constantly when the DEs on the unit don’t then in turn capitalize on their 1v1s. That said if a top DT is there for the taking in the draft I wouldnt turn them or DE down.

10 hours ago, shc said:

Matt Ryan doesn't blame his D either.  This board does.  And there are plenty of times where those other QBs don't put the team on their back.

Not really but carry on 

4 hours ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Dude just shut up..that matt is crap narrative your trying to spin is garbage.matt is THE LAST reason why this team is where it is and if the defense was worth a **** we could easily be sitting on just one loss.my god just stop.

He was brutal yesterday 

10 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Anyone who thinks this team has a chance to finish 10-6 is fooling themselves.

The team I saw playing the Browns yesterday has a much better chance of finish 6-10 than 10-6. They're pitiful and their coordinators and coaches are clueless.

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this

17 hours ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Why can't we go 6-1 or 7-0?

With Deion Jones back....

Plenty of football still left and lot of teams ahead of us in wildcard  - Packers,  Vikings can lose.

Because our defense isn't going to recover with just Debo. We aren't going 7-0, or 6-1, or 5-2, or 4-3. We are a borderline 7-9 team. Clank clank, time to tank boys.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:19 PM, I Even Bleed Red said:

Nice title. 

10-6 gets us in. 9-7, we miss wildcard by a game. 

I predicted 10-6 at start of season. 

But this loss today may come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

I stand by this. Plus do ya'll really wanna make the playoffs and be 1 and done? Tell me, which playoff team doesn't beat us (besides maybe redskins) if we sneak into wildcard magically at 9-7?

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

Why would you want to make the playoffs with this team?They can't run the ball very well,can't stop the run,don't have a very good pass rush,if they somehow made the playoffs,they'd get SMASHED in the first round.Do like the Colts did,to get Andrew Luck.If they keep winning,they'll have the same problems next year.If they lose,and I'd hate for them to lose,but,they'll have a high draft pick and then,who knows.

8 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

I stand by this. Plus do ya'll really wanna make the playoffs and be 1 and done? Tell me, which playoff team doesn't beat us (besides maybe redskins) if we sneak into wildcard magically at 9-7?

I mean.....we've already beaten Carolina and played the Saints to an OT loss....

I understand the frustration but you guys seem to think the league works in a perfectly orderly way. 

If that were the case, we would have won on Sunday, no? 

On 11/12/2018 at 0:19 AM, I Even Bleed Red said:

Nice title. 

10-6 gets us in. 9-7, we miss wildcard by a game. 

I predicted 10-6 at start of season. 

But this loss today may come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

The end of the season came weeks ago.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:49 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Ya know. If the reports are true about the team taking them lightly because “they were the browns”, I can’t support that. It’s one thing for that type of stupidity to flow from fans, but the players. SMH 

Right, I'm all for being real with the media, but that foolishness is something you just keep to yourself. It makes the whole team look bad from top to bottom. Ya'll just had to win 3 in a row JUST TO GET TO 4-4!? How are you taking anyone, let alone a Browns squad with nothing to lose lightly. Ridiculous...

ya_boi_j likes this

On 11/12/2018 at 6:49 AM, ya_boi_j said:

Ya know. If the reports are true about the team taking them lightly because “they were the browns”, I can’t support that. It’s one thing for that type of stupidity to flow from fans, but the players. SMH 

I totally agree brother. They might as well have said....."We'll play when we want to".

ya_boi_j likes this

On 11/11/2018 at 10:52 PM, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Get us in the playoffs and then what?  Best case scenario we win a wild card game before we are eliminated.  You think our OL can block the Rams, Vikings, Bears?  Do you really think our corners can cover the Saints and the Rams? And I would rather not make the playoffs at all and get a higher draft pick than lose to the Saints in the playoffs.  If we make it into the playoffs we are probably just going to make the path to the super bowl that much easier for the Saints and I DO NOT want to see them win one in our house.  

I am glad what they want is greater then what you want 

On 11/12/2018 at 5:19 AM, RoddyWhite84 said:

Dude just shut up..that matt is crap narrative your trying to spin is garbage.matt is THE LAST reason why this team is where it is and if the defense was worth a **** we could easily be sitting on just one loss.my god just stop.

Hes a vick rider, never seen someone ride a lap as hard as that dude. Hes also whining about privilege 

2 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Steve, how do you feel about TD? Lol

I love the man like a brother. I'm surprised you even need to ask. But cereally he's aight. :lol: