Jump to content

Common Denominator


Recommended Posts

Honestly the step down in production this week vs last is astounding. While Oliver gave up some key catches last week it wasn't due to being out of position. Crowder made some outstanding plays but Alford seems absolutely lost. Yes Tru ain't doin jack either, but that's kinda his game. He's just there. Alford weeks 1-4 was pretty stellar... wth happened

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I thought they game planned us pretty well quick throws didn't give up on the run.Went after our LBers.

Agree though the play of our outside corners is just perplexing I don't know what to make of it.

Falcons Defense:

Over-sized LBs and Under-sized D-Line. lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I thought they game planned us pretty well quick throws didn't give up on the run.Went after our LBers.

Agree though the play of our outside corners is just perplexing I don't know what to make of it.

Business decisions by our CB’s and simply being out of position.  The amount of open space on these scoring plays reminds me of the Big 12, not the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Honestly the step down in production this week vs last is astounding. While Oliver gave up some key catches last week it wasn't due to being out of position. Crowder made some outstanding plays but Alford seems absolutely lost. Yes Tru ain't doin jack either, but that's kinda his game. He's just there. Alford weeks 1-4 was pretty stellar... wth happened

NO PASS RUSH = NO CHANCE

Said it in another thread….what does Bryant Young bring to the table other than a substandard Pass rush?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Honestly the step down in production this week vs last is astounding. While Oliver gave up some key catches last week it wasn't due to being out of position. Crowder made some outstanding plays but Alford seems absolutely lost. Yes Tru ain't doin jack either, but that's kinda his game. He's just there. Alford weeks 1-4 was pretty stellar... wth happened

I actually like Alford, so I don't have a clue.  All I can think is maybe his ankle is a lot more damaged than we know.  Lame excuse I know.  Trufant has always been bad, but teams have realized that they can exploit him just like all of our other CB's.  Plus the lack of pass rush.  This year is a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Business decisions by our CB’s and simply being out of position.  The amount of open space on these scoring plays reminds me of the Big 12, not the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

 

Didn't need true view to see 21 never came inside the numbers, or really ever put any effort into the play. I really liked 21 as I was born in Washington, but he's gotta go, I'd rather Oliver taking his lumps now and learning than field a player next year that I know quits on a team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Business decisions by our CB’s and simply being out of position.  The amount of open space on these scoring plays reminds me of the Big 12, not the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/trueview-highlights/0ap3000000987050/See-Chubb-s-92-yard-TD-run-in-360-degrees-True-View

 

 

I saw a couple of things that could have been done better before looking at Trus lack of effort.

Kazee miss Duke not getting off his block and gap discipline up front.Lot of things went wrong in this play before the play got to Tru.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the long run for a TD, not only did Tru actively avoid the play, but Brooks F'in Reed was further up the field than Tru was at the end of the play. Seriously, dude is a baby-back *****.

 

I can forgive mistakes and breakdowns if the guys are playing hard, but there's absolutely no excuse for what Tru is doing. He gives zero effort.

 

We lack serious leadership among the players on the defensive side of the ball. We need a guy or 2 that players like Tru have to answer to when they give this kind of effort. We need a guy like Ray Lewis who wont stand for that kind of BS, I'll tell you that.

Edited by RubberDucky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...