Blah blah blah

coastiemike

1 minute ago, coastiemike said:

I know you’re a contrarian for the sake of disagreeing. That’s cool.  Have a good night.

I'm only contrarian when the view opposite of mine seems wrong to me.  In this case, Coach Quinn seems pretty great to me.  We lucked out to get him.  He doesn't control injuries.  He's doing his best!

12 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

What do we expect him to say, “I’m pissed”.  Do we want to here there’s going to be some changes.  Ok, well what happens when we lose and you here him say that over and over.  There’s just not much to say anymore 

“The team came out with a lack of intensity and effort today. We were unprepared. That all starts with me.”

That’s probably a good place to start.

And then how about, “If a starter isn’t playing well or up to this organization’s standards, they will lose their starting role to a player who can get the job done, or at the very least, comes out with high intensity and good effort.”

44 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

What do we expect him to say, “I’m pissed”.  Do we want to here there’s going to be some changes.  Ok, well what happens when we lose and you here him say that over and over.  There’s just not much to say anymore 

I want some anger after a game like today.

Edited by Doctor Kildare

7 hours ago, coastiemike said:

“The team came out with a lack of intensity and effort today. We were unprepared. That all starts with me.”

And then how about, “If a starter isn’t playing well or up to this organization’s standards, they will lose their starting role to a player who can get the job done, or at the very least, comes out with high intensity and good effort.”

I agree, I feel like we’ve heard him say that too lol.  It’s jusy the same speech every week.  WE KNEW GOING INTO THIS GAME IT WAS GOING TO BE A BATTLE...

8 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I'm only contrarian when the view opposite of mine seems wrong to me.  In this case, Coach Quinn seems pretty great to me.  We lucked out to get him.  He doesn't control injuries.  He's doing his best!

Lucked out when we got him ? I'm not saying he's a bad coach but pretty sure at the time he was hired there were a slew of coaches wanting to take over one of the most talented teams in the league .... we've went D coordinator the last 2 coaches and they still haven't got our defense respectful, honestly is there 1 person on this board comfortable when our defense takes the field the last 10 yrs of not longer 

7 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I want some anger after a game like today.

Meh.  Entertaining maybe but not really different.  The idea is to not have performances like we had Sunday.  Not a lot of value in going ape $ on camera, same problems and questions exist.  I may not love the coach-speak and "I don't know" but I do appreciate DQ keeping a level head in public.  I imagine DQ gets more animated off camera when needed and will as I know for sure he did not ask them to play that way.  

9 hours ago, coastiemike said:

This ^

The very last thing I want to hear is something about not knowing why they came out that way.

He's the coach... it's his job to know why.

If he looks all around and can't see why then maybe his next look needs to be in a mirror.

Seriously though... I do a lot of project management. If by chance I ever had a project fail, the last thing my superiors would want to hear is "man... I have no idea what happened <shoulder shrug>".

I would know why and say it, noting and meaning it would never happen again. If it was someone on the project team's fault then I wouldn't throw them under the bus but you can be assured they wouldn't do that again or they would be off the team.

12 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Dan Quinn said all the right stuff here.  He's a great man and coach.  We're going to get right back to it and get it right!  100% same mindset, we will go fight for it, plan, attack, fight for consistency.  I like what he is saying here.

I got a different take. 

100% same mindset he says….

I say doing something the same way over and over again and expecting different results is the height of INSANITY!

Edited by lostnmexico