DogIsYourName

Congratulations Matt Ryan, Check-down Champion!!!

59 posts in this topic

I'm sure Matt is bummed we just lost a must-win game to the Browns, but his personal play was unbelievable.  I think he may have set some kind of NFL record!  Our main man had 38 completions while only throwing ONE BALL ALL GAME that traveled more than 20 yards.  

Let that sink in!  No matter who ran what routes, Matt Ryan was able to find a RB, TE, or WR within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Although most QBs would've given in to the temptation of bigger plays, especially since his only long throw was completed, Matt Ryan was determined to take the Browns' secondary out of the game.  Even when he had wide open guys in the endzone, Matt came through with a safe sure completion near the line of scrimmage.  Even down by three scores with time running out, Matt was still able to somehow find a man for a 3 yard dump pass in the middle of the field.  And on 4th and long or Sark playcalls with no short routes, Matt stuck to his plan and simply pump faking over and over, not throwing downfield, until finally being sacked.

We all know Matt is a team player who would never accept personal praise in defeat.  So I think we owe it to him on these boards to at least recognize how amazing he was at these underneath passes today.  CONGRATS MATT RYAN!!!

Just now, coastiemike said:

At least he did his job. Go look at our CB making $60 million that couldn’t make one **** play.

Well, Matt made sure their CBs couldn't make any plays either.  I think it was pretty risky of Baker to get Alford and Tru involved with downfield passes.  That trick play interception would've never happened if they just stuck to check downs like we did!

Just now, DogIsYourName said:

Well, Matt made sure their CBs couldn't make any plays either.  I think it was pretty risky of Baker to get Alford and Tru involved with downfield passes.  That trick play interception would've never happened if they just stuck to check downs like we did!

You mean the one that the guy making peanuts made and not the $60 million man?

FalconJim and Flying Falcon like this

Just now, coastiemike said:

You mean the one that the guy making peanuts made and not the $60 million man?

Yeah, Kazee is a stud and Tru is way past his prime.  Tru can't catch a football, can't tackle a guy holding a football, even runs away from the ball carrier sometimes.  Yet he is paid millions to play football.  

tonatl07 and Pacific_Falcon like this

28 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I'm sure Matt is bummed we just lost a must-win game to the Browns, but his personal play was unbelievable.  I think he may have set some kind of NFL record!  Our main man had 38 completions while only throwing ONE BALL ALL GAME that traveled more than 20 yards.  

Let that sink in!  No matter who ran what routes, Matt Ryan was able to find a RB, TE, or WR within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.  Although most QBs would've given in to the temptation of bigger plays, especially since his only long throw was completed, Matt Ryan was determined to take the Browns' secondary out of the game.  Even when he had wide open guys in the endzone, Matt came through with a safe sure completion near the line of scrimmage.  Even down by three scores with time running out, Matt was still able to somehow find a man for a 3 yard dump pass in the middle of the field.  And on 4th and long or Sark playcalls with no short routes, Matt stuck to his plan and simply pump faking over and over, not throwing downfield, until finally being sacked.

We all know Matt is a team player who would never accept personal praise in defeat.  So I think we owe it to him on these boards to at least recognize how amazing he was at these underneath passes today.  CONGRATS MATT RYAN!!!

You are an idiot.

4 minutes ago, FalconinPA said:

That Cleveland defense didn't give him many chances to throw deep. Cleveland is better than the fans and the Falcons thought they were.

I like that Matt took only one chance and when it worked just fine decided he better not chance it anymore.  I mean imagine how this game might have gone if he threw a pick or two!

37 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

You really going after matt?? Lol some of you ppl dont need access to the Internet 

3 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Does this look like a QB who believes in the play calling and what is going on?

Yes, it looks like he believes in what is going on -- he correctly believes he just got beat down by the Browns.  

Just now, RoddyWhite84 said:

You really going after matt?? Lol some of you ppl dont need access to the Internet 

Naw I'm just congratulating him on checking down relentlessly no matter how desperately we needed a big play.  Other teams better think twice before running a deep zone against us unless they think they can handle Hooper catching 10+ dump passes.  I like how we also huddled up over and over to make the Browns think we might do something different when we were trailing in the 4th quarter.

2 minutes ago, Dawggone said:

It anyone watching thinks Ryan is this teams problem well.....nevermind there isnt s rational debate that can be had here

Obviously if we had a more well rounded team we wouldn't need MVP Matt every week.  But we don't have a well rounded team right now.

And that's the whole point of my rant.  OUR TEAM CAN'T WIN, EVEN AGAINST THE BROWNS, BY THROWING 30+ CHECK DOWNs!

If Matt is going to just "take what the defense gives you" to this extreme, every defense is going to give him these 2 yard passes to Hooper!

40 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Naw I'm just congratulating him on checking down relentlessly no matter how desperately we needed a big play.  Other teams better think twice before running a deep zone against us unless they think they can handle Hooper catching 10+ dump passes.  I like how we also huddled up over and over to make the Browns think we might do something different when we were trailing in the 4th quarter.

Bro... stop.  Our offensive line was ridiculously horrible.  Worse than their average sh0tty play

RiseUpFalcs likes this

1 hour ago, DogIsYourName said:

We’re you watching the same game? The Browns slime was all in Ryan’s face as soon as he got the ball. 

It amazes me the lengths that some people will go to in order to pin a loss on Ryan. He is arguably the best player on the team this season.