I Even Bleed Red

Shotgun from 4th and inches at the goal line?

42 posts in this topic

Yeah that was a terrible play call.

No defending that one

I was listening to the game and Arch was talking about checking to see how they lined up over center because he was thinking it was going to be a sneak.

When Wes said Shotgun Arch didn’t say anything else 

25 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yeah that was a terrible play call.

No defending that one

I was listening to the game and Arch was talking about checking to see how they lined up over center because he was thinking it was going to be a sneak.

When Wes said Shotgun Arch didn’t say anything else 

We did a sneak the play before which worked but there was a penalty. 

Why didn’t we retry it? I know it wasn’t a surprise at that point but...

mtldirtybird likes this

17 minutes ago, West Sider said:

I was screaming at the TV at that moment.  Idiots. Today performance was appalling from top to bottom. Coaches looked overwhelmed and out of place. Disgusted. 

Idk who's fault is this: OC and DC or just HC. I'm really not sure. 

and to beat all it looked like saubert was the only receiver ryan was fixated on.

i'm sorry but if for some da reason i'm throwing the ball in this situation--it's dang sure not to that guy!

what a freaking joke!

bye quinn, by armstrong, by manual, by beasley, by riley, bye trufant, bye alford--i've seen enough from you guys!

what the heck has trufant been doing?

his coverage has downright sucked for years now--but what he did on that chubb run was utterly embarrassing!  no attempt at making a tackle and than nonchalantly running away from the play down the sideline.  that should be grounds for a pink slip alone--not to mention his unwillingness to tackle all last week for washington--that's too much!  cut him now!

8 minutes ago, jgsbirds1 said:

and to beat all it looked like saubert was the only receiver ryan was fixated on.

i'm sorry but if for some da reason i'm throwing the ball in this situation--it's dang sure not to that guy!

what a freaking joke!

bye quinn, by armstrong, by manual, by beasley, by riley, bye trufant, bye alford--i've seen enough from you guys!

what the heck has trufant been doing?

his coverage has downright sucked for years now--but what he did on that chubb run was utterly embarrassing!  no attempt at making a tackle and than nonchalantly running away from the play down the sideline.  that should be grounds for a pink slip alone--not to mention his unwillingness to tackle all last week for washington--that's too much!  cut him now!

Julio was doubled on the right side

1 minute ago, Gee-Q said:

Julio was doubled on the right side

don't care--i would rather throw it to him in double coverage than saubert in single coverage and virtually out of the back of the endzone.

but that play should've never been called--

our gameplan yesterday for some reason was to rely on our tight end packages.  we didn't throw more than a couple of balls to our wr's in the first half and i bet for the game we didn't throw one ball over 20 yards.

Was listening to the Cleveland broadcast as the local internet radio broadcast was blocked.  The Cleveland announcers were shocked as well to see shotgun from the goal line.  Just goes to show how we don't do the standard things well, then we wonder why this crap happens to us as a franchise.

22 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Wtf was that??

That playcall Lol :lol::rolleyes:

...and the longest franchise run by Chubbs the drive before = 2 plays that completely changed the game. 

Sanu's fumble that gave them great field position was also bad.

mtldirtybird likes this

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

shotgun on the goal line should be auto grounds for the HC to get fired.

The Falcons did have a few touchdowns from shovel passes in shotgun formation on the goal line before.

23 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Idk who's fault is this: OC and DC or just HC. I'm really not sure. 

The HC and OC.  Should have kept Jalston Fowler over a FB that is totally useless in short yardage situations.

That decision has cost the Falcons at least 2 games now.

Yea, I pretty much lost it on that play!!! 
The chance of anything positive happening in the shotgun, from the 6 inch line, and throwing to a back-up TE, has to be close to ZERO ---  :bang:  

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 5:10 PM, jl01102jl said:

We never moved on past the zone blocking scheme that suited Vick. Zero big uglies and a pack of finess dudes. The play call is correct for the personnel, but the personnel is the bigger problem.

Can't agree.  The Falcons have a Center who has been to 5 Pro Bowls and a big strong 6'5 QB.  

The Falcons should spend an hour a day working on the QB sneak only this week and never embarrass themselves like that again.

Tandy likes this

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Can't agree.  The Falcons have a Center who has been to 5 Pro Bowls and a big strong 6'5 QB.  

The Falcons should spend an hour a day working on the QB sneak only this week and never embarrass themselves like that again.

Ironically, just minutes apart Brees makes an easy QB sneak for a TD.  That was the easily the dumbest play call this season.  

Peyton likes this

6 hours ago, jgsbirds1 said:

don't care--i would rather throw it to him in double coverage than saubert in single coverage and virtually out of the back of the endzone.

but that play should've never been called--

our gameplan yesterday for some reason was to rely on our tight end packages.  we didn't throw more than a couple of balls to our wr's in the first half and i bet for the game we didn't throw one ball over 20 yards.

Probably tried to get the penalty as well. Buddy was all over him with his back turned. Brady, brees rogers would have got that call. Possibly within 5 yards though so who knows.

12 hours ago, Peyton said:

Or just hand the ball to your RB.

But wait, we don’t miss freeman, at all. Because “this offense is doing awesome without him”.