Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caponine

At This Point

53 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

If they play like they did against the Redskins, they can beat every team remaining on the schedule but that's not gonna happen. You're gonna have another poor effort/execution game like today. I give getting the wild card spot a 30% chance right now.

30% is generous!  Between the NFC North and West, we might be toast already.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

So you think THIS team is going 6-1 the rest of the year? Are you nuts?

Today should have been a wake up call. The best thing we can hope for is a tank job and a top 10 draft pick.

Not sure why people keep saying "have to beat New Orleans." That's actually the one game Falcons can lose. 

The *must* win games are Carolina, Dallas, & Green Bay, because those teams are the wild card competition. 

5-2 might be enough, 6-1 will be enough. Unfortunately, 4-3 is the likely ceiling (win the home games and beat Tampa). 

5 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

30% is generous!  Between the NFC North and West, we might be toast already.

Arizona and Tampa are 2 "high probability" wins for me (80%+).

Tough games but should win based on talent of the rosters (60%+): Baltimore, Dallas, and Green Bay

New Orleans is probably a loss but that's a rivalry game so who knows if the Falcons get fired up for that one. Carolina in Charlotte, depends on which Panthers team shows up (and Cam has struggled against the Atlanta the past few seasons).

If they go 6-1 then 10-6 (30%) but most likely they will go 5-2 (9-7) or 4-3 (8-8).

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

24 minutes ago, caponine said:

We can Forget about the NFC South Title but do you guys think we can still make wildcard ?? I think we can, obviously this loss was bad and it proved this offense cant score 30 pts every game, but when Jones and Freeman return . Is it possible ?  

It's like asking if they could hit the lottery. No. They didn't even buy a ticket!

18 minutes ago, falconfreek123 said:

Let me help you and remind you of what just happened:

WE LOST TO THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!

Fast forward to 2018 its not the same browns team. Top 10 draft pick year after year. Look at Jacksonville.  Eventually talent turns it on. Our team is soft campared to that black and blue division.  Yalk are sleeping on them. They are smash mouth we arent.

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Fast forward to 2018 its not the same browns team. Top 10 draft pick year after year. Look at Jacksonville.  Eventually talent turns it on. Our team is soft campared to that black and blue division.  Yalk are sleeping on them. They are smash mouth we arent.

I understand that, but you have to realize that it's still "the Browns" there is a universal fact for as long as I can remember that when you play the "Bowns" you already at a psychological advantage. I mean you have to really mess up to lose to the Browns. For crying out loud their team name is a colour.

Edited by falconfreek123

Just now, falconfreek123 said:

I understand that, but you have to realize that it's still "the Browns" there is a universal fact for as long as I can remember that when you play the "Bowns" you already at a physiological advantage. I mean you have to really mess up to lose to the Browns. For crying out loud their team name is a colour.

Lol i feel you brother. I guess just like when the jaguars sucked and saints fans use to wear paper bags. Eventually that ends.

29 minutes ago, Lord Sarcomere said:

Our season was over as soon as Chubb scored on that 92 yard run. 

When I saw the defensive set on that play before the snap I said to myself they are gonna score. That was the dumbest alignment for that field position that I have ever seen. All Chubb had to do was get thru the line and then beat Riley. They were set up like a goal line stand. Just stupid. Very poor coaching. You do not let that happen.

40 minutes ago, caponine said:

We can Forget about the NFC South Title but do you guys think we can still make wildcard ?? I think we can, obviously this loss was bad and it proved this offense cant score 30 pts every game, but when Jones and Freeman return . Is it possible ?  

Yes, still possible, but this was a bad loss. So not probable, we’ll need to go 6-1 rest if way...but wildcard is still possible. 

40 minutes ago, caponine said:

Not if they don't make some major changes!!  One is we have to get another OC for sure...

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Yes, still possible, but this was a bad loss. So not probable, we’ll need to go 6-1 rest if way...but wildcard is still possible. 

Honestly i dont see us going 6-1. 5-2 maybe but its possible. This offense isnt gonna be unstoppable every week which is why we lost today 

Edited by caponine
Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, thirdnlong said:

It's like asking if they could hit the lottery. No. They didn't even buy a ticket!

they still have a chance tho

2 hours ago, caponine said:

Honestly i dont see us going 6-1. 5-2 maybe but its possible. This offense isnt gonna be unstoppable every week which is why we lost today 

Hard to see for sure. Team came out flat today, hard to understand why. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Hard to see for sure. Team came out flat today, hard to understand why. 

go look at my other post as well or maybe you already have , thats my reason why

Edited by caponine

On 11/11/2018 at 6:05 PM, caponine said:

like who ??

I'm not saying we'll be able to do that before the season is over,, But they should if they can find someone.. It's all about the plays we use on O# and how smart we call the plays... I've always said we should just do like Saints.. and all smart teams.. just use all the plays we do best and use them over and over backward and forward.. That's what the Saints do and what we did when we were worth watching. We need to KISS ,, Keep it simple stupid,, talking to our HC here.Use only those plays we can play correctly and are very familiar with over and over.. And run the ball more..And with out a good Running game.. No chance of doing anything anyway !  

Btw,, I picked up Chubb last WED.. and didn't start him this last game... I had the 2nd highest points in the league,, but gost beat by the guy who had the most points in our league.. And I only lost by 6 points. If I had played Chubb I would have won by 25 points.. and would have been the top scoring team instead of the 2nd top scorer ..:flush:

I doubt we make the playoffs. And if we lose to Dallas on Sunday...there will be a better chance of Atlanta getting hit by a 3 foot blizzard than this team getting a WC spot this year. 

13 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'm not saying we'll be able to do that before the season is over,, But they should if they can find someone.. It's all about the plays we use on O# and how smart we call the plays... I've always said we should just do like Saints.. and all smart teams.. just use all the plays we do best and use them over and over backward and forward.. That's what the Saints do and what we did when we were worth watching. We need to KISS ,, Keep it simple stupid,, talking to our HC here.Use only those plays we can play correctly and are very familiar with over and over.. And run the ball more..And with out a good Running game.. No chance of doing anything anyway !  

Btw,, I picked up Chubb last WED.. and didn't start him this last game... I had the 2nd highest points in the league,, but gost beat by the guy who had the most points in our league.. And I only lost by 6 points. If I had played Chubb I would have won by 25 points.. and would have been the top scoring team instead of the 2nd top scorer ..:flush:

and the funny thing is we were running the ball well n went away from it for no reason when it was still a close game. Thats what annoys me about Sark the most, a noncommitment to use backs consistently. We kept using the same recycled garbage. Rinse N’ Repeat.

Draftnut57 likes this

13 hours ago, jm_falcons said:

I doubt we make the playoffs. And if we lose to Dallas on Sunday...there will be a better chance of Atlanta getting hit by a 3 foot blizzard than this team getting a WC spot this year. 

Which is looking more possible, Dallas looks better on offense

This team doesn't have a chance, could've righted the ship in the off season but it's too late now. It'll be another 2-3 years before we can fix this team the correct way.