Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Macintez

Matt Ryan has a look in his eye that he didn’t even have during the 2016 season.

15 posts in this topic

Just saw the press conference that Matt did on 11/07/18...

If we squeak into the playoffs, every team should be afraid of mass devastation at the hands of Matt Ryan. The aura that he’s exuding is a “I’m am not about dat bullsh*t right now” type that, as I said earlier, he didn’t even have in the 2016 season.

I typically hate making these kinds of posts; they don’t really generate any discussion, only optimism and you can’t really respond to that... But I really feel that Matt has gotten to that ideal point that all great QB’s must get to in their career to get to that all-time platou. He’s been doing surgical damage without a run game and our defense hasn’t really been up to par and... I haven’t seen a QB in this deep of a zone since Aaron Rodgers in his 2011 season and got dang that was one of the best seasons I’ve ever seen from a QB because he played with a “will not be denied” demeanor. 

Not only that, Calvin Ridley’s presence has really taken our offense to a level where everyone on this board COULD imagine in 2016 but just didn’t come to fruition. Calvin has, in my opinion, just given Matt Ryan a legit 5 additional seasons to his career. Which is going to be great for padding his HOF-stats, yes I said it.

I’ve felt, even in the PRIME of his 2016 season that Matt was capable of playing EVEN BETTER. Now will it translate to better numbers than his 2016 season? Not necessarily, but I don’t care about that (except JJ’s TD’s I do want him to get more lmao) 

I care about winning football games... In style. And right now Matt Ryan is playing as stylish and boastful as a peacock draped in Versace.

He is more of an MVP this year than he was in his MVP year.

In the words of Roman Reigns... “Belee Dat”

Edited by Macintez
Added Link

I keep thinking back to post by Ergo Proxy about the tweet from Kelsey Conway quoting Dan Quinn about how Greg Knapp is really riding Matt Ryan's ***, and that's what Ryan wants. "You want your kids to see you hoist the Lombardi? Let's go through it one more time."

red falcon, Vandy, Macintez and 2 others like this

Glad to see others seeing what I’m seeing...Matt is playing at a level even better than his MVP year. I agree with that.

I told a co-worker a few weeks ago that if we are to make it out of this mess we’re in and make the playoffs it’s gonna be up to the Iceman to play like Superman and so far he has done that. Hope he keeps it up.

Edited by The Vent King
Rhodaric and Vandy like this

3 hours ago, Macintez said:

Just saw the press conference that Matt did on 11/07/18...

If we squeak into the playoffs, every team should be afraid of mass devastation at the hands of Matt Ryan. The aura that he’s exuding is a “I’m am not about dat bullsh*t right now” type that, as I said earlier, he didn’t even have in the 2016 season.

I typically hate making these kinds of posts; they don’t really generate any discussion, only optimism and you can’t really respond to that... But I really feel that Matt has gotten to that ideal point that all great QB’s must get to in their career to get to that all-time platou. He’s been doing surgical damage without a run game and our defense hasn’t really been up to par and... I haven’t seen a QB in this deep of a zone since Aaron Rodgers in his 2011 season and got dang that was one of the best seasons I’ve ever seen from a QB because he played with a “will not be denied” demeanor. 

Not only that, Calvin Ridley’s presence has really taken our offense to a level where everyone on this board COULD imagine in 2016 but just didn’t come to fruition. Calvin has, in my opinion, just given Matt Ryan a legit 5 additional seasons to his career. Which is going to be great for padding his HOF-stats, yes I said it.

I’ve felt, even in the PRIME of his 2016 season that Matt was capable of playing EVEN BETTER. Now will it translate to better numbers than his 2016 season? Not necessarily, but I don’t care about that (except JJ’s TD’s I do want him to get more lmao) 

I care about winning football games... In style. And right now Matt Ryan is playing as stylish and boastful as a peacock draped in Versace.

He is more of an MVP this year than he was in his MVP year.

In the words of Roman Reigns... “Belee Dat”

The Ice Man will make one heck of an OC one day.  He gets it.  Notice how he credits the running game as being the most important thing for the offense.  QB’s often get passer tunnel vision.   Not Ryan… he famously yelled at our brain farting coaches to “run the ******* football” in the fourth quarter of SB 51.  If only they listened.

Edited by Falconsin2012
red falcon likes this

Yeah, he seems very focused, nay intense commanding this offense this season. Maybe he really got hacked off at that rash of freak injuries put the team behind the 8-ball to start the season. Maybe he feels the hot breath of Father Time breathing down his neck.

Maybe he has thoughts about a big SB lead that fizzled into history's worst SB loss. Can you imagine what kind of nightmares Matt Ryan has about that game? I'm sure it would make ours seem like trips to Disneyland in comparison of agony.

It's going to be extremely hard to get to the SB, but if we do I feel 100 percent confident Matt Ryan will put enough points up to give us another shot at the trophy.