Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JD dirtybird21

Dez tore his Achilles, not kidding

98 posts in this topic

sucks for Dez, but makes it  a little easier for his baby sitter to keep up with him now. That is  guessing of course that the cowboys cut him at the same time they cut Dez....:ninja:

I'm of multiple feelings on this

1. Never want to see injuries and feel bad that it happened

2. **** the Saints, glad they're weaker now, no seriously, **** em

3. Not really all that surprised since he was away from football as long as he was, freak injury I know, but still makes you wonder if he was out of practice

And no, I don't see these as being contradictory, not even in the slightest

14 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

that was quick.    

Dez should sue his agent for not forcing him to accept that Ravens offer of $8mm/yr after the Cowboys cut him.

Huh? Please tell me this is joking. (That he should sue)

I hate it for Dez.  I didn't like the way Dallas dealt with him and he was patient for the op.  Didn't get a chance to show if he was still good or make Jerry eat crow.

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Huh? Please tell me this is joking.

g-dawg analysis:  YES, i am joking but Dez was a DA for not taking that Ravens deal - don't understand why his agent would not have advised him better - DEZ failed to factor in his age and diminished production.

Dez Bryant turned down multi-year deal from Ravens, is banking on himself in 2018

If you want to sign Dez Bryant in 2018, it will have to be on a one-year deal.

The 29 year-old wide receiver turned down a multi-year offer from the Baltimore Ravens in hopes of finding a one-year deal that enables him to test the open market again in 2019, Ed Werder of The Doomsday Podcast first reported.

Source: Former #Cowboys WR Dez Bryant turned down a multi-year offer from the #Ravens. He apparently wants a big 1-year deal and chance to secure bigger long-term contract as a UFA from beginning in 2019.

Bryant - who finished 2017 with 69 receptions, 838 yards and six touchdowns -  is predicating a bounce back season in 2018 with hopes of a big money, long-term contract in 2019.

The offer was similar to that of Michael Crabtree's three-year, $21 million deal, according to NFL Insider Ian Rapoport. The Ravens had to offer Bryant a multi-year deal in order to fit his number under the salary cap.

Since turning down their offer, the Ravens signed former Saints WR Willie Snead to a two-year, $10.4 million contract. 

Bryant will now have to wait until after the 2018 NFL Draft to work out a deal with an organization, if one is still searching for a wide receiver going in to the tail end of his career. 

16 minutes ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

I never wished bad for any of opponents players to have such injuries ....

God speed recovery for Dez Bryant!

Its an unfortunate thing but, I say its karma!

Edited by mattyicefalcon

17 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

**** Dez. Might as well call it a career because the Saints was likely his last stop

I dont cheer injuries, but I will say this...if the universe had to pick someone's Achilles to send to Hades, certainly less of a jackazz could've been selected.

Edited by Pacific_Falcon
papachaz likes this

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I'm of multiple feelings on this

1. Never want to see injuries and feel bad that it happened

2. **** the Saints, glad they're weaker now, no seriously, **** em

3. Not really all that surprised since he was away from football as long as he was, freak injury I know, but still makes you wonder if he was out of practice

And no, I don't see these as being contradictory, not even in the slightest

That signing never made sense to me anyway. Saints have had a lot of good things going for them so far this season,  why bring in a toxic has-been player with attitude issues?

Halcon-1 likes this

3 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

No, I mean please tell me your joking about the sue his agent for not forcing him to sign in BAL comment.

I am joking YES.  The point was how absurd it was that he didn't take that deal - even though it was probably really a two year deal - he will never see that kind of money again and I thought the Baltimore deal was an overpay - he is not a #1 WR in this league - he's not as good as Mohammad Sanu who we are paying $6mm/yr.  

Paying Dez is paying for the name - the past production isn't coming back - and it wasn't coming back before this achilles.  He's a #3 WR at best.

1989Fan and Vandy like this