Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

A check up on the rooks mid-way

57 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2018 at 0:08 PM, falconidae said:

I know PFF penalizes mistakes severely, but how many mistakes do you have to make to negate a 6 TD advantage?

Falcon Drafts started improving with the arrival of Pioli, then took an exponential leap with the arrival of Quinn.

Translation: Quinn specifically knows the kind of players needed for his system, and Pioli knows how to find those kind of players with the most upside.

Cool to see our rookies are highly rated.

Not sure I agree with Moore being higher than Ridley. I have watched most of the Panthers games and he has been mostly invisible in the games I have watched.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:18 AM, falconidae said:

And now, if you go on the Panthers messageboard, they're calling Poe overrated and talking about how much Kuechley misses Starr.

Not to mention over-expensive for what you get for your money.

falconidae likes this

On 11/9/2018 at 11:04 AM, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

They have been until Dan Quinn arrived with specific traits and charachteristics that he wants in each player for each position. That and the Competitive Toughness score they use has been the difference.

While I'm pretty sure every team's FO and scouting department are looking for very similar traits and characteristics for each position, Quinn, TD and the scouting department have taken the Falcon draft and player acquisition standards to a whole new level.

Their consistent ability to sustain that high quality of player selection just makes our odds of getting a SB win, and being able to stay at that level very likely. Despite some bumps and detours in the road, the future of the franchise looks bright under the current leadership.

Vandy and falconsfan4life3 like this

On 11/10/2018 at 10:24 AM, TRUju2111 said:

Pff keeps proving how wack it is..yet it continues to take over as "next gen stats" for the nfl

I took a quick glance at the "next gen stats" for wide receivers. There's so much there of little to no value to the average football fan it seems like mostly an anal-retentive exercise in inconsequential trivia. It's making comparing WR's harder for some of us.

Apologies in advance to all those info fanatics who see these new stats as helpful and informative. :lol:

TRUju2111 likes this