Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

A check up on the rooks mid-way

57 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, papachaz said:

now now, don't say 'nobody was listening' because some of us do respect what you say

most of the time  

:ninja::lol::lol:

Sometimes PC lol. 

papachaz likes this

16 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It has nothing to do with him beating “nobodies”. He’s beaten some defecent corners. It’s more that Julio draws coverage away from everybody and DJ Moore doesn’t have that luxury. He didn’t do much against tru and Alf. If Matt would’ve looked for Ridley against the eagles instead of trying to force feed Julio he probably would be #1. That game is probably why he doesn’t have the top spot. 

we're literally agreeing. me saying nobodies is what you're saying about julio drawing the coverage away. its often #3 CBs left on an island with ridley because of julio. and you're right, they're nfl caliber players. not nobodies. but you see what i'm saying

14 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I remember telling many guys that were worried about losing Poe that senat was strong as and ox with cat like quickness and that he’d be great for us. Nobody was listening because Poe was a name they knew. 

And now, if you go on the Panthers messageboard, they're calling Poe overrated and talking about how much Kuechley misses Starr.

9 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Even though it’s limited snaps PFF (hes unranked) has Russell Gage as a 72.0 overall as well.

Crazy good draft. Excited about the 19 draft when we should have a couple compensation picks. Those are like gold with the way the FO drafts in the mid rounds. 

Players the falcons have drafted in the 4th round or later since DQ & TD started working together.

Hardy, Jarrett, Campbell Schweitzer, Kazee, Saubert, Smith, Gage, Olokun

That's 4 that are starting, 4 that are solid contributers and a joker TE that may still develop.

Hill is also on the roster, means the Falcons haven't given up on him yet either.

Don't know how that compares to other teams, seems like pretty good work to me.

10 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

23 catches 317 yards 1 TD  has a better rating than  33 catches 463 yards and 7 TD's     umm not seeing that one PFF :)

They must be counting Ryan's interception against the Redskins as being his fault or have something in their calculation for drops?

Or, they may have a bias against Alabama or for the Panthers?

But, would anyone drop Ridley for Moore in fantasy football?

8 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Argh how can that be I heard TD and the FO were idiots and have been for a decade.

Purple.

They have been until Dan Quinn arrived with specific traits and charachteristics that he wants in each player for each position. That and the Competitive Toughness score they use has been the difference.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

They must be counting Ryan's interception against the Redskins as being his fault or have something in their calculation for drops?

I know PFF penalizes mistakes severely, but how many mistakes do you have to make to negate a 6 TD advantage?

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

I know PFF penalizes mistakes severely, but how many mistakes do you have to make to negate a 6 TD advantage?

Pff grading is very subjective based on the evaluator. I personally ignore the PFF grades. 

4 hours ago, The_Realist said:

Moore is rated higher because he gets better coverage. Ridley has beaten some absolute nobodies for his TDs. Albeit, the way he's doing it is impressive enough that someone who knows NFL football knows it will translate against better defenders. PFF doesn't account for such

Edit: I'm more surprised Roquan Smith isn't on the LB list. Circumstantial? Or was his preseason holdout that big of a factor?

I doubt that. How can PFF objectively account for who Ridley matched up against? What are they gonna do? Deduct points because he burned Marcus Williams instead of Marshon Lattimore? That's ridiculous and unfair.

If anything, Calvin ends up getting graded lower because his usage is higher, which therefore lends to a greater sample size and a greater chance for negative plays. And as Fatboi already mentioned, he wasn't featured in against the Eagles because Ryan kept force-feeding Julio.

But Ridley is a standout WR. He can run every route in the tree and be utilized in other ways.

6 hours ago, The_Realist said:

Moore is rated higher because he gets better coverage. Ridley has beaten some absolute nobodies for his TDs. Albeit, the way he's doing it is impressive enough that someone who knows NFL football knows it will translate against better defenders. PFF doesn't account for such

Edit: I'm more surprised Roquan Smith isn't on the LB list. Circumstantial? Or was his preseason holdout that big of a factor?

DJ Moore - 23 receptions, 317yds and 1 TD

Calvin Ridley - 33 receptions, 463yds and 7 TDs

somebody help me out here?

4 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Quite the opposite, actually drafted DJ Moore and dropped him 3 weeks into the season for Ridley. DJ Moore has been available all year long in my league.

6 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I remember telling many guys that were worried about losing Poe that senat was strong as and ox with cat like quickness and that he’d be great for us. Nobody was listening because Poe was a name they knew. 

I listened. Was not worried after he was drafted.  I was also counting on rubin but we see how that ended lol.

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Argh how can that be I heard TD and the FO were idiots and have been for a decade.

Purple.

Nope but they did need someone with a vision and system which they did not have prior to 2015.  I'm not saying we don't have a ton of talent but DQ is little different from other coaches as he is not necessarily looking for the best guy for a position but rather the best traits that fit a role.  That's why you "reach" for Keke, Debo and Campbell or draft a relative unknown from an Ivy league school.  Their traits in this system make them very effective.

The emergence of Foye really is a nice silver lining to losing Debo. It's really thrown him straight into the fire and made him better every single game. This is the type of development that I always dreamed about when Smith was here, but it just never happened. I guess it kinda did with Worrilow, but he was just never as good as anyone wanted him to be.

It's interesting to think that he might have never been able to make this much progress without all of this time on the field and maybe we would have never really left the bench without having to grow up so fast. 

He's really looking like a steal right now.

Rhodaric and Vandy like this

14 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Nope but they did need someone with a vision and system which they did not have prior to 2015.  I'm not saying we don't have a ton of talent but DQ is little different from other coaches as he is not necessarily looking for the best guy for a position but rather the best traits that fit a role.  That's why you "reach" for Keke, Debo and Campbell or draft a relative unknown from an Ivy league school.  Their traits in this system make them very effective.

This.  It’s not that Quinn finds talent no one else could see, it’s that he finds talent he knows he can teach, develop, and use in ways that other coaches couldn’t.

Monolith2001 likes this

On 11/9/2018 at 0:03 AM, FalconFan13 said:

23 catches 317 yards 1 TD  has a better rating than  33 catches 463 yards and 7 TD's     umm not seeing that one PFF :)

In Moore’s defense, he is handcuffed with Cam throwing to him. 

Vandy likes this

On 11/9/2018 at 8:49 AM, ki46dinah said:

Im not sure, but Moore also has 3 fumbles...

Not sure how Moore rated higher than Ridley.  Maybe Pro Football Focus need a check up from the neck up.