Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Falcon Jedi Knight

This is Vic's Prove It Year

34 posts in this topic

With the Signing of Bruce Irvin, this is a move that is putting Vic Beasley on notice. The fire has been lit under Beasley to Step Up or Step Out.

Irvin is going to create a lot of competition for Vic, and Im thinking Vic may end up on the trade-block after this season. And we will end up extending a new contract to Irvin.

Thats what I think

FalconJim, Jen and Smiler11 like this

19 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

With the Signing of Bruce Irvin, this is a move that is putting Vic Beasley on notice. The fire has been lit under Beasley to Step Up or Step Out.

Irvin is going to create a lot of competition for Vic, and Im thinking Vic may end up on the trade-block after this season. And we will end up extending a new contract to Irvin.

Thats what I think

You could be right!  I know, Vic hasn't really done squat this year. 
And with the addition of Irvin (depending on how well he does the rest of the season), Beasley's days could be numbered!!! 
Hopefully, it'll just light a fire under BOTH of 'em, though, and we'll have a trio (Irvin, Beasley, and Takk) of KILLER pass rushers! 
               Look out Cam, Rodgers, Flacco and Brees, they're coming for you!!!  ;)  

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Well teams were offering to trade for him

Exactly. I bet we pick up his fifth year. He’s a 26 year old pass rusher who’s had an incredible year, and two pretty good years. This year has been rough, but that’s not uncommon for young pass rushers. I wouldn’t give up on him. If anything I’m drafting Reed’s replacement next year early. Re-signing Irvin if he pans out for a reasonable amount and going into 19 fully loaded.

Wrong. Irvin is 31, Vic's future has nothing to do with Irvin. I would draft another DE to push Vic down the roster though and offer Vic 6 mil a year if he wishes to stay in ATL

1 hour ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Meh depends on what we were offered.

At the time of the trade offers, we didnt know that we would get Irvin. NOW we got Irvin. NOW things have changed with the Vic situation. NOW Vic needs to be a little more worried, because he has maybe become expendable.

3 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

At the time of the trade offers, we didnt know that we would get Irvin. NOW we got Irvin. NOW things have changed with the Vic situation. NOW Vic needs to be a little more worried, because he has maybe become expendable.

Had we signed a younger DE (any news on that Kikaha kid?), I would've agreed more with you. This is more of a mentor and depth thing as of now.

8 hours ago, I Even Bleed Red said:

Had we signed a younger DE (any news on that Kikaha kid?), I would've agreed more with you. This is more of a mentor and depth thing as of now.

^^^  This.  I think the coaching staff is hoping for the Dwight Freeney effect from Irvin.  Beasley had his best year when he had a savvy vet helping him along. Since Irvin is a much more similar player to Vic than Freeney was, I suspect the logic is Irvin can help the pass rush now while also mentoring Vic on how to really use his athleticism and natural talent going forward.  

15 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Exactly. I bet we pick up his fifth year. He’s a 26 year old pass rusher who’s had an incredible year, and two pretty good years. This year has been rough, but that’s not uncommon for young pass rushers. I wouldn’t give up on him. If anything I’m drafting Reed’s replacement next year early. Re-signing Irvin if he pans out for a reasonable amount and going into 19 fully loaded.

We already picked it up.  The staff likes Vic.  Hes doing a much better job on this defense than most are giving him credit for.

15 hours ago, MAD597 said:

8 games and 1 sac he's only proved he's useless.

He is producing in some areas. Leads the team in qb pressures which does have an impact.  My big concern with Beasley is he gets washed out of too many plays.

28 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

We already picked it up.  The staff likes Vic.  Hes doing a much better job on this defense than most are giving him credit for.

We sure did. I’m ok with it. He’s not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. Still a young guy too

No Irvin isn’t a notice for Vic . He’s 31, in 2 years he’ll be out of the league. Vic won’t even be 30 by then . I want us to keep Vic regardless, his body of work won’t net him a ton of money when that time comes . He isn’t getting the sacks but he is bringing good pressure at times . I’d love for us to keep him on a bargain & have him as depth or strictly for passrush downs since he can’t find it in his heart to better his own game without a mentor according to y’all . That’ll just be a cheaper pass rusher for us to resign or deal .

SN: Why does everybody give Vic a pass for not mastering his own craft? “He needs a mentor, Freeney, Irvin, etc” 

Vic's under contract next year....Bruce Irvin isnt. 

How is Bruce Irvin a message to Vic? 

Bruce Irvin is another competent+ NFL pro to add to a Front 7 that was a bit thin. He's here to help make the 2018 Falcons more viable.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is producing in some areas. Leads the team in qb pressures which does have an impact.  My big concern with Beasley is he gets washed out of too many plays.

Right now my biggest concern is that every game he's getting his hands on the QB and not taking him down. He cant be expected to cash every single pressure like he seemingly did in 2016...but he's gotta start finishing these plays. They're game changers. 

We've seen this movie before when we tried about a dozen times to get a guy to bookend with Abe, each one of them we'd make excuses that they were getting pressures, sacks were over rated, they were ALMOST their Guys like Edwards, Kroy, Osi.

Vic is the same type of bust as a pass rusher as these guys. Cut your loses find a way to get rid of Vic, see how Irvin does and probably draft a guy in the 3-5 rnds as a pass rushing project to grow with Tak.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

No Irvin isn’t a notice for Vic . He’s 31, in 2 years he’ll be out of the league. Vic won’t even be 30 by then . I want us to keep Vic regardless, his body of work won’t net him a ton of money when that time comes . He isn’t getting the sacks but he is bringing good pressure at times . I’d love for us to keep him on a bargain & have him as depth or strictly for passrush downs since he can’t find it in his heart to better his own game without a mentor according to y’all . That’ll just be a cheaper pass rusher for us to resign or deal .

SN: Why does everybody give Vic a pass for not mastering his own craft? “He needs a mentor, Freeney, Irvin, etc” 

I'm not giving him a pass. It is ALL on Vic as to why he hasn't developed counter moves, plays soft, etc.  Same way it was all on Roddy White when he lead the team in drops and looked absolutely terrible his first few years in the NFL.  

Sometimes it just takes the right person to get through to someone.  With Roddy it was Joe Horn. Roddy was coming off a horrendous 2006 season, looked like a wasted draft pick, and was on the verge of being cut when Joe Horn was signed in free agency.  Horn literally saved Roddy's career by going to Falcons management and begging them to keep him despite their dissatisfaction with his play.  The Falcons agreed... Horn mentored Roddy through the 2007 season.. igniting his career.. and kicking off 6 straight seasons of 1100+ receiving yards.  

Maybe Bruce Irvin will be Vic's Joe Horn.  Maybe he won't be.  Either way, it is ALL on Vic to figure out where his career goes from here.

Godzilla1985 likes this

20 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Thats what I think

Yep....they playin to NOT move...

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Right now my biggest concern is that every game he's getting his hands on the QB and not taking him down. He cant be expected to cash every single pressure like he seemingly did in 2016...but he's gotta start finishing these plays. They're game changers. 

What you say is the truth.  I’m hopeful he will start getting home. We need it