Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattyicefalcon

Saints = Sign WR Dez Bryant

23 posts in this topic

Bryant showed enough in a Tuesday workout to land the deal. With Ted Ginn on IR, the Saints haven't been getting much production behind Michael Thomas. Bryant's signing is an obvious blow to rookie Tre'Quan Smith's target share. It may be a stretch for Bryant to play Sunday after sitting out nine weeks, but there's potential for a second half impact in a Drew Brees offense. Bryant has rest-of-season WR3 upside.

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/status/1060204851970428928

Payton and Brees have always been great at getting teams to focus on guys like Kamara and Thomas and then hitting them over the top with a guy like Ginn.

Dez Bryant isn't that guy.  He's not a deep threat.

He's not a great route runner so I don't see him as that much of a threat in the slot.

It will be interesting to see how the Saints use him during a game.

I'm sure Bryant won't blow a gasket when he gets maybe 2 passes thrown his way in a game.

I think Dez can still play.  However, if he was so dangerous, why has he been out of football for so long this season?  I think it is a great landing spot for him.  Best chance to optimize his talents as a player.  Pass heavy offense, QB that throws it all over the place, big time weapons around him.  I think he helps make a dangerous team better (so he has an impact), but I'm not going to say it takes them next level.  QB's and WRs need chemistry.

1 minute ago, isproab said:

I think Dez can still play.  However, if he was so dangerous, why has he been out of football for so long this season?  I think it is a great landing spot for him.  Best chance to optimize his talents as a player.  Pass heavy offense, QB that throws it all over the place, big time weapons around him.  I think he helps make a dangerous team better (so he has an impact), but I'm not going to say it takes them next level.  QB's and WRs need chemistry.

I honestly think he felt Dallas would come calling him back. He made it known that he wanted back in but Jerry made it even clearer that it wasn't happening. he's had a chance to stay healthy and has been working out so it's his chance to prove to the world that they're wrong about him

Just now, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Always liked Dez, he's a success story all things considered. Yet, he needed to work on his craft...route running.

Arguably one of the best ever only knew one route too. They say you gotta play a player to their strengths so if it works, fluff it lol

1 minute ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Except when he plays us.

Even if he does, it's on the defensive backs to stop him right? if he goes off against the falcons then he goes off. Nothing we can do to control it.

39 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

F*** the saints.

Amen brotha!

They needed a slot receiver not someone whos good on outside....that defeats whole purpose of drafting rookie Smith and major disappointment for him and Meredith......smh!!! 

27 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Amen brotha!

They needed a slot receiver not someone whos good on outside....that defeats whole purpose of drafting rookie Smith and major disappointment for him and Meredith......smh!!! 

mattyicefalcon likes this

It’s not about a deep threat or a replacement for Trequan or Cam.  It’s a big body red zone target. Dez can hold his ground against more aggressive DB’s and can has strength and size to go get it

7 minutes ago, Pay the Zebra said:

When you average 35ppg that's okay. Dez will be a 3rd option at best behind Thomas and Kamara.

I don't think he'll be a option at all considering he can't get open.

Won't surprise me if he gets cut after they play Dallas.

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Even if he does, it's on the defensive backs to stop him right? if he goes off against the falcons then he goes off. Nothing we can do to control it.

Correct, it's just not something I'm rooting for.