falcons007

Jack Crawford, Beasley, Bruce Irvin and Takk.

86 posts in this topic

Jack Crawford is quietly having a very good year rushing the passer. He may not be a world beater but a good rotational player. I am surprised not many people are talking about Crawford. 

Here are the Pass rush stats. 

Takk : 6 sacks, 2 hits and 16 QB hurries. Total 24.

vic : 1 sack, 3 hits and 18 QB hurries Total 22

Grady: 3 sacks , 4 hits, 15 QB hurries, total 22.

crawford: 4 sacks, 2 hits and 14 QB hurries. Total 20. 

After that pass rush falls off the cliff. 

Brooks Reid: 1 sack, 2 hits and 7 QB hurries, Total 10.

And Bruce Irvin: 3 sacks, 1 hit and 6 QB hurries, Total 10. 

Even if Irvin isn’t what he used to, Falcons get a good rotational pass rusher who can keep Takk fresh and veteran presence for Vic. Hopefully he can help Vic converting those. QB hurries yo sacks. 

We did lose Clayborn so we are kinda getting that back , I love the move and am very excited but all this exotic stuff some guys are talking about running we may see but we should expect production like we got from Clayborn bring on the team, it's def better than what we have , if we can get back to last year's def production , we'll be in a **** good spot end of the year

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Jack Crawford is quietly having a very good year rushing the passer. He may not be a world beater but a good rotational player. I am surprised not many people are talking about Crawford. 

Here are the Pass rush stats. 

Takk : 6 sacks, 2 hits and 16 QB hurries. Total 24.

vic : 1 sack, 3 hits and 18 QB hurries Total 22

Grady: 3 sacks , 4 hits, 15 QB hurries, total 22.

crawford: 4 sacks, 2 hits and 14 QB hurries. Total 20. 

After that pass rush falls off the cliff. 

Brooks Reid: 1 sack, 2 hits and 7 QB hurries, Total 10.

And Bruce Irvin: 3 sacks, 1 hit and 6 QB hurries, Total 10. 

Even if Irvin isn’t what he used to, Falcons get a good rotational pass rusher who can keep Takk fresh and veteran presence for Vic. Hopefully he can help Vic converting those. QB hurries yo sacks. 

Irvin had eight sacks last year for Oakland before Jon gruden got there which was his career high.he has barely been playing because I think Jon has been trying to trade him just like he did the rest of the Raiders. he still got something left in the tank there's no doubt in my mind. There is a reason the Seahawks the Patriots and the Steelers were trying to sign him pretty badly

Just now, falcons007 said:

Vic is close, so frustrating to see him almost sacking QB. He should make those QB hurries in to sack. Hopefully Irvin can help like Freeney did in 2016. 

*cough* Kroy 2.0 *cough*

Seriously, if he can't start converting those pressures, it's gonna be interesting to see what they do with that 5th year option

Just now, DMT11 said:

We did lose Clayborn so we are kinda getting that back , I love the move and am very excited but all this exotic stuff some guys are talking about running we may see but we should expect production like we got from Clayborn bring on the team, it's def better than what we have , if we can get back to last year's def production , we'll be in a **** good spot end of the year

Very true but literally Bruce has played two different positions in his career he has played linebacker and defensive end while Claiborne before getting here was only a defensive end and even then DQ moved him into the Tackle Spot a good amount

falcons007 likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

*cough* Kroy 2.0 *cough*

Seriously, if he can't start converting those pressures, it's gonna be interesting to see what they do with that 5th year option

That is true but one thing I've noticed it doesn't seem like we run as many stunts this year which is how vic got all them sacks in 2016. I feel like that has disappeared and I'm not sure why

Just now, jdawg4876 said:

That is true but one thing I've noticed it doesn't seem like we run as many stunts this year which is how vic got all them sacks in 2016. I feel like that has disappeared and I'm not sure why

But dang, if that's the only way he can get sacks, that's kinda sad  man. I know, someone is gonna say "you're just a hater", well i'm not. He has to be able to get skill based sacks to be considered a legit threat to anybody

4 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Irvin had eight sacks last year for Oakland before Jon gruden got there which was his career high.he has barely been playing because I think Jon has been trying to trade him just like he did the rest of the Raiders. he still got something left in the tank there's no doubt in my mind. There is a reason the Seahawks the Patriots and the Steelers were trying to sign him pretty badly

If Seawhawks and patriots wanted him badly, they could have picked him off waivers easily. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

It's a good move.  Quinn was on the radio earlier this week I think and declined to comment on Irvin.  I figured the Falcons were in talks with him.  This is a good move.

falcons007 likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

But dang, if that's the only way he can get sacks, that's kinda sad  man. I know, someone is gonna say "you're just a hater", well i'm not. He has to be able to get skill based sacks to be considered a legit threat to anybody

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

*cough* Kroy 2.0 *cough*

Kroy didn’t have so many pressures though, I think teams figured out how to hold Vic with out a flag being thrown. With the holding call last week, the skins lost 3 points.

Emmitt likes this

5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oh I'm not saying it's not sad but if it works it works I don't want to get my Falcon fans 70 on but I need some rest too LOL

ya_boi_j and falcons007 like this

5 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

If Seawhawks and patriots wanted him badly, they could have picked him off waivers easily. 

Nobody wanted him for that type of salary but there's a reason four teams wanted him right after he was released it took Dez Bryant 8 games to even get looked at by the Saints after the browns visit. Irvin didn't last a day on the open market he had eight sacks last year Gruden is completely tearing down the Raiders and rebuilding them I think Derek Carr is gone if he gets the right amount of pics for him

falcons007 likes this

13 minutes ago, DMT11 said:

Crawford is giving the production of Clayborn. Irvin is younger version of what falcons had in Freeney in 2016.

bossFALCON™ likes this

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Nobody wanted him for that type of salary but there's a reason four teams wanted him right after he was released it took Dez Bryant 8 games to even get looked at by the Saints after the browns visit. Irvin didn't last a day on the open market he had eight sacks last year Gruden is completely tearing down the Raiders and rebuilding them I think Derek Carr is gone if he gets the right amount of pics for him

Which is exactly my point, if teams wanted badly. They would get him for 3M off waivers. 3 M isn’t big money for a pass rusher. No one knows if he is Irvin of last year or just not good any more. Either ways, he doesn’t have to be the guy here, a good rotational guy is good enough.

3 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Good to see we are already misspelling his name. True TATF fashion.

bring home brookings!

15 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Kroy didn’t have so many pressures though, I think teams figured out how to hold Vic with out a flag being thrown. With the holding call last week, the skins lost 3 points.

Kroy was the king of almost lol

PokerSteve and falcons007 like this

6 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Good to see we are already misspelling his name. True TATF fashion.

Auto correct on phone.