SoCalFalconFan

Falcons Sign Former Raiders DE Bruce Irvin

594 posts in this topic

Bruce Irvin to me on joining the Falcons: ``This was a dream [come] true. The Patriots and Steelers offered more money, but being able to play for my city and my people, you just can’t put a price on that.'' Irvin comes home to Atlanta.  es.pn/2zzFTk3

Just now, FalconBlood said:

I am excited for him to show Beasley, a similar type of player, the ropes and some pass rush tips. Could take Beasley up a level like Joe Horn did for Roddy.

Not showing anything to Beasley...

Hes taking his spot for next year...if he succeeds.

Beasley is gone!

This will help Beasley and Takk some too because they can get some help and rest. They have gotten nothing from defensive ends Brooks Reed and Shelby, which does surprise me about Brooks. He was usually a 4 to 5 sack a yr guy but he has done nothing this year and his run defense has not been there either

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

I am excited for him to show Beasley, a similar type of player, the ropes and some pass rush tips. Could take Beasley up a level like Joe Horn did for Roddy.

I wish this was the case but Vic hasnt shown anything from what he learned from Freeney so whys he gonna learn from Bruce. Wish he would but vic only relies on speed and hasnt gotten that second move yet. Dont know if he will. 

vitaman likes this

1 minute ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Not showing anything to Beasley...

Hes taking his spot for next year...if he succeeds.

Beasley is gone!

Lol no a rook my take his spot but you're not building your team around a 31 year old defensive end/ linebacker.

Overall I do wish you would have signed him on a two-year deal but he'll be on another team next year he's coming here to play for us hopefully maybe win a Superbowl and Ball out and show the Patriots and Steelers and maybe even the Seahawks that he can still get you you know six or seven sacks a year and get a 2-year deal somewhere else to end his career

5 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

This is exactly what I was thinking.  He has "been there, done that" with a similar skill set to Beasley and can try and get through to him on how to use his athletic talents properly.   I just hope Beasley pays attention and really learns from him.

Godzilla1985 likes this

2 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Lol no a rook my take his spot but you're not building your team around a 31 year old defensive end/ linebacker.

Overall I do wish you would have signed him on a two-year deal but he'll be on another team next year he's coming here to play for us hopefully maybe win a Superbowl and Ball out and show the Patriots and Steelers and maybe even the Seahawks that he can still get you you know six or seven sacks a year and get a 2-year deal somewhere else to end his career

I was also hoping for a 2 year deal, or even possibly a 3 at most.

2 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

I am glad he took less money and passed on Pats & Steelers for us.  He is going to play with some fire, just like Tak does.

Kung Fu Kenny likes this