SoCalFalconFan

Falcons Sign Former Raiders DE Bruce Irvin

594 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Madness21 said:

I just happen to know his family. Im not saying the deal will be done. But the Falcons have reached out.

I know one of the family members I was too scared to ask about it lmao didn’t want to be nosy lol

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

You can't bring facts up in here like this!! It doesn't fit the agenda that Vic is invisible and does absolutely nothing good.

Gotta try tho. At least for the ones that like facts. 

55 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If there is.money AND it they think he will put more.effort into playing with us than he did in Oakland we will sign him. I jus don't want a Beasley clone.

He’s going to be getting 3.7 million from Oakland since no one claimed him on waivers.

F a Beasley clone.  I want depth.

He’s gonna end up in Seattle.

Makes a lotta sense for us to see if he takes a cap friendly offer here. 

I usually don’t say this but bring him home TD

Edited by I Even Bleed Red

3 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

While this is obviously not going to be the same situation.....remember Randy Moss as  a raider?? His career looked done...and then Brady and 07 happpened

D ball had a nice caree r after oakland

12 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Or isn't garnering much interest

I think he is just set on 2 teams.

5 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

???  Who was the FA DE acquisition we accommodated by moving Takk inside?

Steven Means. 

Beasley and Means were the ends and Crawford and Takk were the DT’s.

PokerSteve likes this

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

If he’s a nickel rusher he’s coming in for Beasley or Takk. What is a nickel rusher btw???? You’re not gonna take out Poole if there’s 3 wr’s on the field. There’s only 2 LB’s and Campbell ain’t coming out. Foye will Be Middle. Where’s the nickel rusher? Takk it Beasley. What @ya_boi_j is saying is valid. But he never said he wouldn’t help. Just that Beasley ain’t coming off the field. And neither is takk in nickel situations. 

7 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

I’d bring him in sure. But like @ya_boi_j said who comes off the field? If we’re in base the ends are Reed and Shelby. Nickel Takk and Beasley. Now if it’s a rotation yes. For instance if a team is driving and you give y’all or Beasley a breather and bring in Irvin. IN that situation yes. But he would not start over Beasley. And to be honest Beasley has been right there. He’s gotten held so much that it’s a shame and no calls. He FINALLY got some holding calls against the skins and they were huge because one of them was a big play that would’ve set them up for a fg at the half that tru missed the int. BEASLEY getting pressure was the reason the penalty came in. One time he and takk were held on the same play. Beasley should’ve had 3 sacks last game. 2 he was held on and one him, grady, and Campbell all missed smith. 

I don’t know why these folks keep trying to act like I don’t know ****. Everybody and their mama go through **** and high water to try and prove me wrong even if I said the sun is shining lol. Just accept that I’m not as dumb as you think I am people

Essentially on rushing downs takk could be our michael Bennett, beasley our bruce Irvin and bruce Irvin our cliff avril. 

I think with the weight Irvin has gained hes going to be a better DE at this point than beasley. And beasley could play the SLB role on rushing downs that bruce Irvin used to play.

PokerSteve, YungFalco and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

I suspect he doesn't want to come here for reasons unknown, so the Falcons are avoiding rejection by not even contacting him.

True 

12 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

You guys argue about the stupidest shiz.  DE or OLB, he will make the defense better and DQ will know how to use him effectively.

LOL...truth.

13 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If everyone wasn't so hellbent on trying to prove the next person wrong, that wouldn't happen

Yeah, I hear you on that.

To me, adding a another good pass rusher to rotation is a no-brainer assuming he wants to come here. I’ve always like Irvin, and We need more than just Takk and Beasley to terrorize QBs. 

Didn’t you want him earlier on year? I know I did, and now he’s possibly gonna fall right in our laps!

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah, I hear you on that.

To me, adding a another good pass rusher to rotation is a no-brainer assuming he wants to come here. I’ve always like Irvin, and We need more than just Takk and Beasley to terrorize QBs. 

Didn’t you want him earlier on year? I know I did, and now he’s possibly gonna fall right in our laps!

I did and still do. That's why I mentioned earlier about people saying heck no over a month ago, why the change of heart now?? lol. Only thing I question is if he wants to truly be a pure rotational back up or starter. He's a 3 down player who's good against the run and solid as a pass rusher. He isn't the best thing in the world as a pass rusher but his motor is high

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I did and still do. That's why I mentioned earlier about people saying heck no over a month ago, why the change of heart now?? lol. Only thing I question is if he wants to truly be a pure rotational back up or starter. He's a 3 down player who's good against the run and solid as a pass rusher. He isn't the best thing in the world as a pass rusher but his motor is high

I thought I remembered us discussing him. He would help us a lot down the stretch. 

I’m sure he wants to play here, but I have no idea whether we’ll grab him. This team baffles me on its personnel decisions sometimes (see SS)...

PokerSteve and ya_boi_j like this

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I thought I remembered us discussing him. He would help us a lot down the stretch. 

I’m sure he wants to play here, but I have no idea whether we’ll grab him. This team baffles me on its personnel decisions sometimes (see SS)...

Don't even get me started. I mean when Quinn first came he stated that he would be a Falcon the following season then apparently got low balled and went to Oakland. He wanted the money. Who knows now

Vandy and PokerSteve like this