SoCalFalconFan

Falcons Sign Former Raiders DE Bruce Irvin

594 posts in this topic

Just now, FalconsForever1990 said:

he lost interest when they traded their best player. I would be fed up too.

Winning the game 19-17 with less than a minute left. No excuse for what he did.

1 minute ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

You guys argue about the stupidest shiz.  DE or OLB, he will make the defense better and DQ will know how to use him effectively.

No ones arguing about anything for real. 

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Right, but that's not the kind of effort we need in the locker room. That was the 2nd game of the season with the Raiders having the lead and less than a minute left in the game.

Vic was seen standing in the tunnel for a game that still wasn't over. We can nitpick all we want, dude has put up consistent numbers over his career and would be playing for a coach he's familiar with. Playoffs come and you need that key sack or strip. We know Vic isn't doing that for us. 

Just now, stizz said:

Vic was seen standing in the tunnel for a game that still wasn't over. We can nitpick all we want, dude has put up consistent numbers over his career and would be playing for a coach he's familiar with. Playoffs come and you need that key sack or strip. We know Vic isn't doing that for us. 

Que @Flying Falcon

6 minutes ago, stizz said:

Meh

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Winning the game 19-17 with less than a minute left. No excuse for what he did.

I get what you're saying, and it's not a good look... no matter how frustrated he might've been there, so I don't disagree. However, context is important here IMO.

Consider that Irvin's a vet who was on a team that went to back to back Super Bowls. He knows what it's like to have a coaching staff that believes in & supports the talent on the roster & is in it to win it.

But then this season he's on a team where the new HC is clearly not concerned one bit with winning right now, who has jettisoned nearly every good player he has to stockpile draft picks, and has cut down Irvin's playing time considerably. Sure, Irvin should be playing for himself, his teammates, the fans, rah, rah sis-boom-bah!... but when the HC who is supposed to be the top leader of that team is clearly mailing it in & not showing any belief in the players on the roster, it's kinda hard to blame the players for following the coach's example & mailing it in, too.

19 minutes ago, roguebeaver said:

“ Is you not knowing”tells me you are indeed, either dumb, uneducated or illiterate! In either scenario you fail!! Your fb iq quotent is -2!

you argue a point your are missing!..,how gosh! 

That Georgia education . Lol . Either way you got the point & you can’t debate either . Run along clown . 

7 minutes ago, stizz said:

I believe Bruce likes Quinn and would run through a wall for him. I think we see a different Bruce here.

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

That Georgia education . Lol . Either way you got the point & you can’t debate either . Run along clown . 

The fact that you think he’s never played off ball is extremely laughable. Instead of calling people clowns and pretending to be a know it all, actually go back and look at highlights throughout his career and you will see you’re dead wrong. No you don’t have to come back and admit that you were wrong about it either. No one will hold it against you.

The contenders are adding talent but we sit back.It is going to be a tough stretch it is nothing wrong with adding help. We are close maybe he gets a crucial sack or teaches and give Vic a blow. He doesn't have to be a superstar just give us some help and not cost too much

shock likes this

21 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

1. Irvin would be a good addition

2. He would be depth at DE and LB which would be great.

3.. He wouldn't take Foyes snaps or Beasley's..so he wouldn't start.

4. Having him with Takk..Grady and Vic on obvious pass downs would be ****..

5. Keeps everyone fresh..

These are my thoughts...and it seems to me everyone is saying the same thing..so why the **** are yall bickering

Common sense posts are not allowed in TATF :lol:

RING OF HONOR and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

No ****. We all know he isn’t taking Beasley’s spot and anyone with an ounce of common sense knows his secondary and original primary position was OLB. Signing him would be nothing more than a depth signing for both DE and OLB. We all know how it works with Quinn when he believes in players. 

Common sense also tells you that he doesn't need to replace anyone to be more than just "depth". You make it sound like he wouldn't get a significant number of snaps. There's no reason to think he wouldn't see as many as Beasley considering how much they rotate.

At this point in the season Irvin will sign somewhere he can showcase skills and get on the radar for the offseason. Players don’t expect long term deals at this point in the season. I would bring him in, if he balls out keep him, if not, lose him and maybe get a comp pick.

ya_boi_j likes this