SoCalFalconFan

Falcons Sign Former Raiders DE Bruce Irvin

594 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Fire up the JET!

Sign the check!

Invite him to dinner!

FO,  do whatever it takes to add to the pass rush depth of this team THIS SEASON!

I dont think you got the Memo - Falcons dont trade or sign free agents during the season...

2lw5sa.jpg

11 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

See,  this is the flaw in the logic.

Thinking that just having Grady, Beasley, & Takk to rush the passer was never going to work and it still won’t.

Ive seen them slide Takk inside and had Beasley line up next to him.

Even if they don’t do that and have him for depth... then YES.

The Falcons need all the help they can get.  Good dlines don’t just have starters that rush the passer.

#swapoutBruces

It’s a flaw because you disagree, other than that there is no flaw. Who said those were the only guys to rush the passer? Certainly not me. Senat and Crawford weren’t brought in just to stuff the run. They have a responsibility in the pass rush as well. 

I know the falcons need all the help they can get. Trust me I’ve watched the **** show of a pass rush all season. 

Again, I would be very, very surprised if he chooses to sign with a team as a reserve player. That’s the thing you’re failing to realize. You guys are assuming his relationship with Quinn automatically makes him a lock to sign when in reality it doesn’t. He’s a starter and he knows he’s a starter. Why should he want to knowingly sign to be a backup? 

papachaz likes this

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about . He’d be a nickel rusher . He’s never been an Off ball LB like Foye & he isn’t taking snaps from Vic. He could very well spell him or Reed though which is why he’d be a nickel rusher . You including him with Foye is you not knowing what you’re talking about . Now be offended clown .

Clown?  Lmao man miss me with that ********. Your flawed knowledge of his playing history is enough for me to know you aren’t worth the discussion 

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Clown?  Lmao man miss me with that ********. Your flawed knowledge of his playing history is enough for me to know you aren’t worth the discussion 

Playing history .. he’s never been an Offball LB. Always a SLB(basically a stand up DE on the LOS in the 4-3 under) or a DE in the nickel. Lmfaoooo .. you have no idea about his player history .  ! 

Edited by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry
Edited to conform to the terms of the CoC. Thx.

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Playing history .. he’s never been an Offball LB jackazz. Always a SLB(basically a stand up DE on the LOS in the 4-3 under) or a DE in the nickel. Lmfaoooo .. you have no idea about his player history . Clown ! 

Lol k

Anywho, I’m not about to get into a back and forth personal attack conversation with some random poster. Mods on my back, I’m sure I’ll get the ban before anyone else would. 

Over a month ago, I wanted the falcons to make a move for Irvin and people strongly disagreed and said they would prefer Beasley. Now all of a sudden it’s sign him. What’s the difference between now and then outside of him being a free agent. Is it the poor results from Beasley that made you guys change your minds or what. If you aren’t one who said no back then, then this question isn’t for you

papachaz likes this

19 minutes ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about . He’d be a nickel rusher . He’s never been an Off ball LB like Foye & he isn’t taking snaps from Vic. He could very well spell him or Reed though which is why he’d be a nickel rusher . You including him with Foye is you not knowing what you’re talking about . Now be offended clown .

“ Is you not knowing”tells me you are indeed, either dumb, uneducated or illiterate! In either scenario you fail!! Your fb iq quotent is -2!

you argue a point your are missing!..,how gosh! 

Edited by roguebeaver

1. Irvin would be a good addition

2. He would be depth at DE and LB which would be great.

3.. He wouldn't take Foyes snaps or Beasley's..so he wouldn't start.

4. Having him with Takk..Grady and Vic on obvious pass downs would be ****..

5. Keeps everyone fresh..

These are my thoughts...and it seems to me everyone is saying the same thing..so why the **** are yall bickering

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s a flaw because you disagree, other than that there is no flaw. Who said those were the only guys to rush the passer? Certainly not me. Senat and Crawford weren’t brought in just to stuff the run. They have a responsibility in the pass rush as well. 

I know the falcons need all the help they can get. Trust me I’ve watched the **** show of a pass rush all season. 

Again, I would be very, very surprised if he chooses to sign with a team as a reserve player. That’s the thing you’re failing to realize. You guys are assuming his relationship with Quinn automatically makes him a lock to sign when in reality it doesn’t. He’s a starter and he knows he’s a starter. Why should he want to knowingly sign to be a backup? 

Yes.

And that’s exactly why they should lie to him.

Edited by DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry
Please refrain from unnecessary political discussion in TATF

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Looked like more than him not interested on that play. Lol.

Right, but that's not the kind of effort we need in the locker room. That was the 2nd game of the season with the Raiders having the lead and less than a minute left in the game.

ya_boi_j likes this

Just now, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yes.

And that’s exactly why they should lie to him.

If it’s good enough for the President...

Lmao you wild. 

If I’m being honest, he’s better than Beasley as a pass rusher. Guaranteed 8 sack guy with a very high motor. 

shock, vitaman and Sun Tzu 7 like this