TheFatboi

Top 5 Falcons defenders vs Skins

62 posts in this topic

PFF needs to watch the game.  Trufant got in the way more than anything.  I think he dropped what, three interceptions that 90% of the rest of the league CB's would have caught.  And they must not be looking at tackling, or in his case, running away from the ball carrier.

CADirtyBird likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

PFF needs to watch the game.  Trufant got in the way more than anything.  I think he dropped what, three interceptions that 90% of the rest of the league CB's would have caught.  And they must not be looking at tackling, or in his case, running away from the ball carrier.

Dropped interceptions still count as pass defensed.  

falconsd56, FA91, Vandy and 16 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

PFF needs to watch the game.  Trufant got in the way more than anything.  I think he dropped what, three interceptions that 90% of the rest of the league CB's would have caught.  And they must not be looking at tackling, or in his case, running away from the ball carrier.

Or fans don't know what there watching.

Or they've already made up there minds about certain players before they step on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

 

Already stated my views on Tru in a couple of posts so I won’t re do those - needless to say this rating backs my thoughts on his improved play. But I loved the play of Kazee and especially Olu this game. I just hope this year isn’t wasted by injuries because we have unearthed some great defenders moving forwards. 

Tim Mazetti, TheFatboi and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Or fans don't know what there watching.

Or they've already made up there minds about certain players before they step on the field.

So true - I really think some posters once the hate goggles are on they can’t take them off regardless of the play. 

kiwifalcon, papachaz and Drew4719 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, primetime said:

Already stated my views on Tru in a couple of posts so I won’t re do those - needless to say this rating backs my thoughts on his improved play. But I loved the play of Kazee and especially Olu this game. I just hope this year isn’t wasted by injuries because we have unearthed some great defenders moving forwards. 

This goes back to what I was saying when they first took over for the injured. The more they play the better they will get. Now we’re startng to see why some of them were drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, primetime said:

Already stated my views on Tru in a couple of posts so I won’t re do those - needless to say this rating backs my thoughts on his improved play. But I loved the play of Kazee and especially Olu this game. I just hope this year isn’t wasted by injuries because we have unearthed some great defenders moving forwards. 

Those injuries are why we unearthed those defenders. Without the injuries, Kazee would be a part time nickel defender like last year, and Foye wouldn't have seen as much playing time as he has.

MoundBred likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Those injuries are why we unearthed those defenders. Without the injuries, Kazee would be a part time nickel defender like last year, and Foye wouldn't have seen as much playing time as he has.

Opportunity is the best way to discover what other talent you have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

PFF needs to watch the game.  Trufant got in the way more than anything.  I think he dropped what, three interceptions that 90% of the rest of the league CB's would have caught.  And they must not be looking at tackling, or in his case, running away from the ball carrier.

He got in the way alright.....got in the way of his man catching the bal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malachore said:

He drops 90% of them, top corners don't do that.

Just because you’re not a ballhawk, doesn’t mean you can’t cover. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Trade Julio now. Fire Sark. Quinn will be gone within a year.

we have seen multiple threads saying each of those over the last several weeks. You're on the ball there my good man! you must be shooting for the popular vote on this election night  ;)

 

Drew4719 and JayOzOne like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Those injuries are why we unearthed those defenders. Without the injuries, Kazee would be a part time nickel defender like last year, and Foye wouldn't have seen as much playing time as he has.

 

8 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Opportunity is the best way to discover what other talent you have. 

You can either mope about it or play the game. The fact that the season hasn't bottomed out after a quarter of the starting lineup was injured is a testament to the coach, whom many knocked for refusing to concede the season. We still have a long way to go, but between this team's leadership, the development of the players who had to step up, and the return of injured starters in 2019, I like what I see of the present and I love what I see in the future.

TheFatboi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, papachaz said:

we have seen multiple threads saying each of those over the last several weeks. You're on the ball there my good man! you must be shooting for the popular vote on this election night  ;)

 

Our fans wear their emotions on their sleeves. Apparently, some of us paint ourselves into corners and pride won't let us walk out of them.

papachaz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JayOzOne said:

Seems like yesterday, doesn't it? 

"Duckett is better than Dunn!"

"Dunn is way better than Duckett!"

girl why dont we have both GIF

Yeah hard to believe it has been 13 years since Duckett played here.......it sucks man

JayOzOne likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

Those injuries are why we unearthed those defenders. Without the injuries, Kazee would be a part time nickel defender like last year, and Foye wouldn't have seen as much playing time as he has.

Clearly this is true to a degree but honestly posters were already commenting on Kazee’s potential from last year and I’m confident a guy like Olu would flash enough good plays from limited opportunities to get noticed. This team isn’t Mike Smith’s veterans only starters club. This team plays the guys who look the best in training and game day (as far as I can see). Olu would be taking snaps at wlb even without Jones injury as right now he is in our best 3 lbs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now