Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Falcon Jedi Knight

NFL.COM DEBRIEF -- Can Falcons Defense Sustain It?

36 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Which is what I clearly said. His overall coverage has been okay, his tacking has been atrocious. 

More than anything, Folks in here are frustrated that he can’t catch a cold. But that doesn’t translate to his coverage skills. 

It's not even that Vandy it's money screw his play it's all about money they aren't paying.

I mean right now why not complain about QBs for other teams who are getting paid 25 plus million dollars for doing the same.

No our fans feel the need to go after our guys and our team fark it makes me laugh.

You watch when Neal Jarrett Debo and Julio get new deals and there play dips the same **** storm will insue.

Vandy likes this

4 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

It's not even that Vandy it's money screw his play it's all about money they aren't paying.

I mean right now why not complain about QBs for other teams who are getting paid 25 plus million dollars for doing the same.

No our fans feel the need to go after our guys and our team fark it makes me laugh.

You watch when Neal Jarrett Debo and Julio get new deals and there play dips the same **** storm will insue.

Truth. We saw it last offseason when much of board turned on Julio.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Huh? Are you drunk or what? I clearly took exception to what you said on his coverage, even highlighted it for you. He’s been decent in coverage, with one of his better games against skins. 

Yeah I'm drunk.. Trufant is  NOT good.  Period.  I don't care what anyone's opinion is of him on this board.  

Be it tackling, catching or coverage. Get it? We ain't gonna see eye to eye on this merry go round. 

52 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Yeah I'm drunk.. Trufant is  NOT good.  Period.  I don't care what anyone's opinion is of him on this board.  

Be it tackling, catching or coverage. Get it? We ain't gonna see eye to eye on this merry go round. 

Of course not. Which is why I said you were full of it with that particular opinion. Doesn’t mean anything more or less than that. 

That is the question.  The other concern I have/had was can our offense perform well on the road.  Prior to Sunday we'd sputtered away from Atlanta.

This is about as much optimism as you'll get from me...we have a very realistic shot at getting in if we play like we're capable of playing.  I think 10-6 would get us in and looking at the rest of the schedule it's entirely possible that this team can go 6-2 in the final eight games.

I'm counting the game at New Orleans as an L.  They have a good team but we know how the refs get whenever we play in NO...even if it's close those mysterious calls are going to screw us.

At Carolina and at Green Bay late in the year could/should be tough but I can definitely see going 1-1.

Beyond that, every team we play is capable of beating us but I think we should be favored in the rest and none of those teams are all that intimidating to me.

Now that I've said that, we'll probably go 4-4 or 3-5.

PokerSteve likes this

On 11/6/2018 at 7:58 PM, Drew4719 said:

If he’s ready to go for that game then yes, That’s the first game he can come back. I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold him out of that game or he only gets limited snaps. I’m sure he’ll be back in full for the saints game.

The Saints game is the most likely game for him to come back from a health standpoint as well as the impact his presence on the field would mean for the D.

5 hours ago, nomak said:

Tru is about to break out.  He will have an int this weekend.

Footballs thrown to Tru are like Lex Luthor throwing a rock of Kryptonite to Superman.

Trufant does Not Catch Footballs - he swats them away. But as long as he swaps them away them Im Good with that.

nomak likes this

16 minutes ago, slamee101 said:

That is the question.  The other concern I have/had was can our offense perform well on the road.  Prior to Sunday we'd sputtered away from Atlanta.

This is about as much optimism as you'll get from me...we have a very realistic shot at getting in if we play like we're capable of playing.  I think 10-6 would get us in and looking at the rest of the schedule it's entirely possible that this team can go 6-2 in the final eight games.

I'm counting the game at New Orleans as an L.  They have a good team but we know how the refs get whenever we play in NO...even if it's close those mysterious calls are going to screw us.

At Carolina and at Green Bay late in the year could/should be tough but I can definitely see going 1-1.

Beyond that, every team we play is capable of beating us but I think we should be favored in the rest and none of those teams are all that intimidating to me.

Now that I've said that, we'll probably go 4-4 or 3-5.

I agree the schedule is conducive to a 10-6 finish and a play-off slot. We just have to win the games we should win. The thing that's really exciting is we could be peaking just as the play-offs get started.