Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peyton

This Offense is Dialed In

20 posts in this topic

I don't know if people noticed this, but over the last two games the Falcons had a remarkable streak of 11 straight possessions without a punt.

86 yard TD drive

53 yard FG drive

78 yard drive ending with Julio fumble

43 yard FG drive

65 yard TD drive

37 yard FG drive

81 yard TD drive

62 yard drive ending with Interception

86 yard TD drive

75 yard TD drive

75 yard TD drive

Only the Julio fumble and Calvin Ridley running the wrong route on Sunday prevented the Falcons from scoring on 11 straight possessions. This offense borders on unstoppable when everyone does their job. This offense is too much for this struggling Browns defense right now, the execution is razor sharp and this offense is going to hang 30 on the board again this week.

Now just need the defense to continue their improvement and the Falcons move to 5-4.

One big contributor to that is the turnaround in red zone efficiency. Over the last three games, the Falcons are tied for third in the NFL in converting to a TD at 83.33%. When we get down there, we are executing quite well.

Our overall red zone efficiency this year is 69.23% (7th in the league; league-leader is 76.92%), which far outpaces our 23rd ranked 49.18% last year. What was it in our magical 2016 season you ask? 64.56%

Oh, and it doesn't hurt that we lead the league in 3rd down conversion (53.33%) by a healthy margin.

We are no longer committing constant drive-killing penalties per game, aren't having quality passes to our pass-catchers being tipped and turned into INT's like last year, and we are executing and using our personnel better. If our O Line from last week becomes the rule and not the exception, I agree Peyton, I don't see hardly any team stopping this offense.

Edited by ATL Fan in the DMV

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

I don't know if people noticed this, but over the last two games the Falcons had a remarkable streak of 11 straight possessions without a punt.

86 yard TD drive

53 yard FG drive

78 yard drive ending with Julio fumble

43 yard FG drive

65 yard TD drive

37 yard FG drive

81 yard TD drive

62 yard drive ending with Interception

86 yard TD drive

75 yard TD drive

75 yard TD drive

Only the Julio fumble and Calvin Ridley running the wrong route on Sunday prevented the Falcons from scoring on 11 straight possessions. This offense borders on unstoppable when everyone does their job. This offense is too much for this struggling Browns defense right now, the execution is razor sharp and this offense is going to hang 30 on the board again this week.

Now just need the defense to continue their improvement and the Falcons move to 5-4.

Yeah that was very unnoticeable as I keep telling everybody we do better when we fly under the radar the longer the media allows us to fly under the radar we're going to fly our ways into the Super Bowl watch what I tell you only if we fly under the radar it's always been like that with Atlanta

As a companion stat for this thread I present this.

On Sunday, the Browns defense gave up 5 TD drives and 417 yards of offense before they finally forced their first 4th down. I guess the Chiefs offense was getting bored at that point.

I can't see the Falcons doing anything but torching the Browns D on Sunday. 

17 hours ago, 11=team said:

Blocking has been remarkable!

I had no idea that TC26 was such a good blocking back.  Flipping guys over his head...who needs Jackie Chan!

I’ve known this for awhile. It’s exactly why if he doesn’t get hurt in the SB, he picks up the block on Hightower and the Falcons win. 

11=team and FalconBlood like this

5 minutes ago, Peyton said:

As a companion stat for this thread I present this.

On Sunday, the Browns defense gave up 5 TD drives and 417 yards of offense before they finally forced their first 4th down. I guess the Chiefs offense was getting bored at that point.

I can't see the Falcons doing anything but torching the Browns D on Sunday. 

The Browns have to play the Falcons, Bengals, Texans, Panthers.

That poor D. 

7 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Love to see the same type of start for the Falcons this game, minus the INT. That's both offense and defense. Without the INT, it's 21-0 before Wash scores.

If the Falcons come in sharp, and I have no reason to think they will not, this one could open up quick like.

The Browns offense did a good job of keeping the Browns in that game, but I think the Falcons defense is actually a bit better than the Chiefs defense is at this point in the season.

These next two games importance is magnified considering having to play the entire division plus Green Bay on the road.  Those four games will determine whether we have a playoff team.

The good news is the Falcons defense is improving weekly, and for the love of god, let's get a healthy Deion Jones back. 

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

These next two games importance is magnified considering having to play the entire division plus Green Bay on the road.  Those four games will determine whether we have a playoff team.

The good news is the Falcons defense is improving weekly, and for the love of god, let's get a healthy Deion Jones back. 

Agreed, losing to the Falcons or Cowboys would be a devastating blow to the Falcons prospects for this season.

But it's for that reason I expect the Falcons intensity level to be high, and I think they could take the Browns out early and decisively.

Y'all talking about playoffs?

Playoffs?!?

Ok well...

IF...we make it... we'll have to be road warriors

And we just won our first road game...calm down.

(All these emotional swings week-to-week is exhausting... less estrogen...more testosterone.)

And on the other end of the spectrum is......the Cleveland Browns.

The stat sheet says they are 23rd in scoring, but keep in mind they have been to over time 4 times and their games are averaging an absurd 14 possessions per team (Falcons games average 10).

The Browns offense is 31st in time of possession per drive, 29th in yards per drive, 29 in plays per drive, and 29th in points per drive.

And the Browns have punted an unbelievable 61 times already.

Just what the Dr. ordered for the Falcons defense.

6 minutes ago, Peyton said:

And on the other end of the spectrum is......the Cleveland Browns.

The stat sheet says they are 23rd in scoring, but keep in mind they have been to over time 4 times and their games are averaging an absurd 14 possessions per team (Falcons games average 10).

The Browns offense is 31st in time of possession per drive, 29th in yards per drive, 29 in plays per drive, and 29th in points per drive.

And the Browns have punted an unbelievable 61 times already.

Just what the Dr. ordered for the Falcons defense.

Even better than a team missing it's LT that lost two other starting OLinemen during the game?

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Even better than a team missing it's LT that lost two other starting OLinemen during the game?

Probably about the same lol.  Baker Mayfield is a little more dynamic than Alex Smith but he'll give it up trying to do too much too.

The Falcons defense and especially the secondary was put through the gauntlet with Michael Thomas, AJ Green, Antonio Brown, JuJU, Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, and OBJ in 5 consecutive weeks.  Getting this run of weaker receiving corps can really help our guys get their confidence back moving into the second half, especially with Deion coming back.