YoungHeezy

This Isn't Good News (imo)

60 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

This isn't a slight on Sark by any means but sooner or later folks will need to realize that the dude wearing #2- despite not getting the constant hype that others get is a major reason for the offense success that Atlanta has had his entire career. 

It's been a trope for years now.

Ryan plays good =it's because of everyone but Ryan

Ryan plays bad = it's definitely Ryan

38 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Right. For all other teams know this might just be a fluke year for him. He has no list of experience in the NFL to indicate how well he would do as a HC.

lol @ the bold 

38 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Me Personally, I LOVE these new play designs this year. I Love Sarks plays better than Shannahans even. They are so creative and brilliant to me.

Yeahhhhh but Kyle had the one Play Action Pass to Gabriel that seemed to always work.  Not taking anything away from Sark, I support him 100% and love his play calling.  I feel like he has us back to Shannys ways.  What I mean by that is if it was 3rd I felt like no matter what the yardage was, we were going to get a 1st.  So I guess i'm 50-50 with ya.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Sark is not going anywhere!

Dan Quinn was hisbbiggest supporter in darkest hours and so he will stay loyal to him

Like Josh McDaniels is to B.B

I think this is true.  At least for a couple of seasons anyways while he gains experience and keeps putting up these numbers, then offers will come in. 

mattyicefalcon likes this

1 hour ago, YoungHeezy said:

McDaniels left once and came back

was going to leave again, then left the Colts "at the altar" so to speak.....  they probably dodged a bullet, no wait, a cannon ball

Pacific_Falcon likes this

28 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

lol @ the bold 

Yeah I mean Sark has had one bad season, and so far, a pretty good one this year. Who would be dumb enough to hire a HC based off two years of NFL experience with mixed results.

Doobs likes this

30 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Yeahhhhh but Kyle had the one Play Action Pass to Gabriel that seemed to always work.  Not taking anything away from Sark, I support him 100% and love his play calling.  I feel like he has us back to Shannys ways.  What I mean by that is if it was 3rd I felt like no matter what the yardage was, we were going to get a 1st.  So I guess i'm 50-50 with ya.

If heard right on the tv. they said the Falcons have the best 3rd down conversion rate in the NFL. Thats impressive. We hardly ever punt, which is good because Bosher always gets blocked.

Ryan needs to stop dominating. Throw a few gimme picks and fumble a few times while we are up in a game. Maybe even have a couple of fake arguments in the sidelines and throw some subtle shade in some interviews.

28 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I think this is true.  At least for a couple of seasons anyways while he gains experience and keeps putting up these numbers, then offers will come in. 

Absolutely,  but this was the reason Dan Quinn got an outsider who will stick with him for long haul and work the way he wants.

With something like alcohol addiction, being the first on the line to take heat (head coach) is not where you want to be.  OC is what Sark needs to get his football fix and avoid the brunt of media scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

We are #1 in the league in 3rd down conversions this year at 53.3%.   We were actually #1 in the league last year, but we're even 8.6% above that rate this year.  We were 11th in 2016 at 42.1%.  

44 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

If heard right on the tv. they said the Falcons have the best 3rd down conversion rate in the NFL. Thats impressive. We hardly ever punt, which is good because Bosher always gets blocked.

Currently in 1st place with 53%
Last year we were also 1st place at ~45%

Because the 2017 Falcons offense was a whole heck of a lot better than folks around here would have you believe. Obviously not without its problems, but definitely a stronger unit than folks like to admit. 

27 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Currently in 1st place with 53%
Last year we were also 1st place at ~45%

Because the 2017 Falcons offense was a whole heck of a lot better than folks around here would have you believe. Obviously not without its problems, but definitely a stronger unit than folks like to admit. 

Our offense is definitely a whole lot better this year than last year. The Eye Test and stats prove it

KCFalcon22 likes this

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

He won't go anywhere this off-season. However if our offense continues to do well the rest of this year and all of next year...Loyalty will only go so far and Quinn will ultimately support him moving up in the coaching ranks somewhere. 

I totally agree with this. After next year will be the key. Shark is it a great position if he keeps it up. He could end up in a situation where he turns down jobs that are undesirable after next year. In other words he could just stand fast until a team with a good track record steps up and wants him. Probably be in the best interest for his longevity if he stays away from jobs like Cleveland Buffalo the Jets Etc and only take a big name franchise when it becomes available.

AB is committed to bringing a Lombardi to the ATL.  Sark won’t go unless AB is sure he won’t help in achieving that objective.

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Well you got me there good guy!!!

3 hours ago, osiruz said:

We need to figure a way to block those interviews. This is ridiculous.

With all the drama of shannahan before the Super Bowl, I recall there being an interview that we gave him "permission" to be a part of.  The reasoning was that to deny permission would be classless and spiteful because it was a foregone conclusion he would go later.  That's such Southern gentleman BS.  If we care about winning it all we have to be more cutthroat.

Wow. Want to become a HC in the NFL? Be the OC for a Matt Ryan lead offense. Mularkay, Koetter, Shanny, and at some point, I’m sure Sark will get an opportunity. I think he’s 1 or 2 years away though

likeriver likes this

4 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Highly doubt Sark gets a HC anytime soon with his past history. 

College football doesn’t look too far in the past. Case in point Petrino.

i don’t see him on NFL HC radar, but could def see a college makin a run at him.

34 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

College football doesn’t look too far in the past. Case in point Petrino.

i don’t see him on NFL HC radar, but could def see a college makin a run at him.

I was talking about the NFL about you're right.