YoungHeezy

This Isn't Good News (imo)

60 posts in this topic

The Falcons offense needs continuity. Flipping OC's every two years is counterproductive in my opinion. We're usually left waiting on "year 2" for the offense to catch back up.

FYI: A friend of mine said he hear Doug Gottlieb mention it as well

I think he'll be around next year, unless he wants to leave to go back to be a college HC.  I don't think NFL teams will be quite sold on him given his past, our red zone struggles last year, and the inconsistent running game this year.

That being said, he probably won't be around after next year if our offense continues to perform at a Top 5-10 level. You can really feel that Super Bowl window closing, and next year is going to be so critical ... if we can just stay healthy.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

21 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Sark is not going anywhere!

Dan Quinn was hisbbiggest supporter in darkest hours and so he will stay loyal to him

Like Josh McDaniels is to B.B

This is my feeling as well. 

Since1990 and rounz like this

35 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Sark has been doing a good job, but I think we are safe.

Right. For all other teams know this might just be a fluke year for him. He has no list of experience in the NFL to indicate how well he would do as a HC.

23 minutes ago, virginiafalcon said:

I think he'll be around next year, unless he wants to leave to go back to be a college HC.  I don't think NFL teams will be quite sold on him given his past, our red zone struggles last year, and the inconsistent running game this year.

That being said, he probably won't be around after next year if our offense continues to perform at a Top 5-10 level. You can really feel that Super Bowl window closing, and next year is going to be so critical ... if we can just stay healthy.

Not enough pro experience for some GMs and owners, I'm sure.  College HC, sure.

NashvilleFalcon01 likes this

This isn't a slight on Sark by any means but sooner or later folks will need to realize that the dude wearing #2- despite not getting the constant hype that others get is a major reason for the offense success that Atlanta has had his entire career. 

7979, rounz, Rhodaric and 10 others like this

Sark might be in a place where he doesn't want to be a head coach. I'm sure the stress of it is what at least partially lead to his drinking. I think he should and will stick around here for a few years. I also think that is a big red flag for teams too so I imagine they would want to see him continue on this course a little longer

Something tells me Sark will be here until his offense plays in the big one.  

I also think that could happen soon, within the next couple years.

He won't go anywhere this off-season. However if our offense continues to do well the rest of this year and all of next year...Loyalty will only go so far and Quinn will ultimately support him moving up in the coaching ranks somewhere. 

I agree.  DQ brought Sark along against the wishes of all the doubters and had his back all last year, this off-season and early this season when fans were calling for his head.  Sark is sticking with DQ.

red falcon likes this

I'm more worried that a college will come calling for Sark. I could see him ending up back at one of the west coast schools. College coaches can make a lot of money, and control an entire program, and he has already landed a bigtime gig there once. Hopefully, Sarkisian is enjoying his time in Atlanta, and will be here for a while. 

10 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I'm more worried that a college will come calling for Sark. I could see him ending up back at one of the west coast schools. College coaches can make a lot of money, and control an entire program, and he has already landed a bigtime gig there once. Hopefully, Sarkisian is enjoying his time in Atlanta, and will be here for a while. 

If it’s money, I am sure AB will match it.