Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ergo Proxy

Autistic Falcons fan heckled in WAS gets support from familiar faces

36 posts in this topic

That's sad. What type of sick human being does something like that over football. I was at the game and I must say where i was sitting a ton of Falcons fans were present and the Redskins fans were all very respectable. So glad they witnessed this and were able to step in and brighten this kids day.

Ergo Proxy likes this

15 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Dunta Robinson, Alge Crumpler, and Rod Coleman, that's some nostalgia from 8-15 years ago.

While they weren't around all THAT long ago, was wondering if a high school kid would even know who those guys are.

Have to admit, it took me a minute to recognize Alge.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Algernon is still one of my all-time favorite Falcons.  I think it's in large part because of his name, but he was also a beast for a few years and I love good TE play.   Seems like a genuine guy, too. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

I want to say that those hecklers don’t represent the redskins fan base, just like a few bad fans don’t represent us. Living in DC I can say that most fans in the area are very respectful. I was at the game and had some playful ribbing with some skins fans there but nothing that crosses the line. 

That being said, as a teacher of students with special needs, it’s heartwarming and awesome to see such a positive response to this story, and glad it has a happy ending 

15 minutes ago, EB2124 said:

My daughter has autism. The way the former Falcons helped in this situation is awesome. Such a small gesture had to made this young man's day. I hope Rod gave the heckler the evil eye when he walked by him.

Lol, Rod has that same expression when he played here!

The entire point here is the bad experience is all forgotten about; as it should be, and he can enjoy knowing the team he cares about; HIS team, saw it and did something about it.

Great job all involved!