Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
STOIC 2.0

Kazee #7 Overall S per PFF

47 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, RiseUpFalcs said:

Man....when Keanu and Rico come back...son. 

We may be going through some learning curve this year but man is this good for our depth. We may have legit starters 2 deep at several positions on defense. And it looks like our D has had steady improvement over the last 3 games. Not ideal, but they are improving and that’s all our offense needs.

Interesting dilemma once Ricardo Allen comes back for 2019.

I've seen some argue that Allen should stay at FS and Kazee should take over for Poole at NCB.  But others think Kazee has earned the FS job and we should move Rico to NCB.

What do board members think?  Or do we run some kind of "big nickel" with Allen, Kazee, and Neal all on the field at the same time, with Neal playing down in the box?

STOIC 2.0 likes this

3 hours ago, gazoo said:

A couple of years ago, Arthur Blank was asked by DLed at a press conference that had TD and DQ right there with him, who had final say on draft picks.

Blank states TD had final say on all draft picks and all players the Falcons acquire via FA.

TD then spoke and said he prefers to look at player acquisition as a collective effort with much input from DQ, but admitted that he (TD) was 100% responsible for the decisions of what players we bring here. 100%.  He then pointed out DQ had final say in roster cuts.

Now, if that press conference leads you somehow to believe TD just manages the salary cap, I can only conclude you are in denial.

Talent evaluator... Key word broski. Pioli is responsible for the actual scouting reports and partially plays a role in interviews and yes he does decide on the player but don’t you remember the Pioli/TD interview where they talk about the roles? TD is MAINLY responsible for contracts while Pioli is MAINLY responsible for scouting department. Also deciding the player is ultimately a collective choice of TD, Quinn, AND Pioli. Not just TD.

He's been very good and has added that dash of "playmaker" that @Knight of God has been screaming for. 

We need more dudes like him. Especially up front. Thankfully, Takk is a beast, Grady is a beast, Senat looks like a long term contributor, at least. 

Keep adding to that F7 and the next ~2-3 seasons of this team will be the biggest window in franchise history. 

4 minutes ago, Macintez said:

Talent evaluator... Key word broski. Pioli is responsible for the actual scouting reports and partially plays a role in interviews and yes he does decide on the player but don’t you remember the Pioli/TD interview where they talk about the roles? TD is MAINLY responsible for contracts while Pioli is MAINLY responsible for scouting department. Also deciding the player is ultimately a collective choice of TD, Quinn, AND Pioli. Not just TD.

All personnel decisions are collaborative efforts. It's never been anything other than that. 

These constant attempts to deride Thomas Dimitroff are probably the most tired narrative in this board's history. 

1 hour ago, virginiafalcon said:

Interesting dilemma once Ricardo Allen comes back for 2019.

I've seen some argue that Allen should stay at FS and Kazee should take over for Poole at NCB.  But others think Kazee has earned the FS job and we should move Rico to NCB.

What do board members think?  Or do we run some kind of "big nickel" with Allen, Kazee, and Neal all on the field at the same time, with Neal playing down in the box?

I like Kazee at safety more than CB. Rico is probably a nice fit at nickel. It would allows us to fill an important position without paying a ton of money. 

Its one of those "good problems" IMO. 

3 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

All personnel decisions are collaborative efforts. It's never been anything other than that. 

These constant attempts to deride Thomas Dimitroff are probably the most tired narrative in this board's history. 

Then my intitial comment was lost in translation because I wasn’t trying to belittle his role in the organization but I could never just hold one person accountable for all the success or failure for a team. I can’t just honor TD with the pick I would like to give some credit to Pioli and Quinn as well.

He's been very good and has added that dash of "playmaker" that @Knight of God has been screaming for. 

We need more dudes like him. Especially up front. Thankfully, Takk is a beast, Grady is a beast, Senat looks like a long term contributor, at least. 

Keep adding to that F7 and the next ~2-3 seasons of this team will be the biggest window in franchise history. 

Yep! Love him. And now he knows how to call plays. 

Quick. Name the most "loved" Falcons in history that we should've fired or trade within the past few months or before the season even started:

TD

Quinn

Ryan

Julio

Freeman

Trufant

Going and going...

Agreed on our front 7. Maybe a LB but most definitely DL help. Takk isn't there yet and needs someone to draw attention outside with him.

Senat, FWIW, is graded as the #35 DI player in the league. Not bad for a late 3rd round pick. If he can develop as a pass rusher at all we are in great shape. Crawford is doing well in our sub-packages and Shelby/Reed still hold down vs the run.

I wonder if a guy like Steven Means will stay on the roster and replace Reed's role next year to save cap space?

I was DE > CB > DT/LB help in that order after this year. But yeah, our D improving the depth and churning the roster more on top of this offense? Wow.

Just need to solidify the OL long-term because our skill positions are fine and I hope Freeman comes back to prove he can rebound from injury. A #2 TE would be great, etc.

5 hours ago, Macintez said:

Then my intitial comment was lost in translation because I wasn’t trying to belittle his role in the organization but I could never just hold one person accountable for all the success or failure for a team. I can’t just honor TD with the pick I would like to give some credit to Pioli and Quinn as well.

Yeah, I hope so because this TD fallacy has been such a load of crap that people are just sick & tired of it.  Of course Quinn & Pioli are part of the decision making processes.  Absolutely they deserve credit too.  Just like the other regimes we had in place, they too shared in the success or failures we’ve had.  It’s great to have collaborative efforts & TD is a vital part of that.  Let’s all agree that it’s time to put this narrative to bed. 

kiwifalcon and Drew4719 like this

5 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Quick. Name the most "loved" Falcons in history that we should've fired or trade within the past few months or before the season even started:

TD

Quinn

Ryan

Julio

Freeman

Trufant

Going and going...

Ito, after preseason. Coleman before Freeman injuy. Sanu.

Ergo Proxy and STOIC 2.0 like this

On 11/6/2018 at 1:57 PM, The Daywalker said:

I’m good with FA online first and keep drafting D!

Tell you what there's not much out there on that oline front FA wise.

Interesting if they choose to keep a mixture of Garland or Levitre around next year.

DE and DT depth will be where I'd start a with outside pass rusher.There losing Shelby and Reed this year for sure.

16 hours ago, Macintez said:

100% agree. Sorry if I read it wrong. I've seen so much "well Player X was bad so he's a TD pick but Pioli/Quinn pick Good Player Y" nonsense.